Photo

Hamster clothes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
73 replies to this topic

#46 Emmie

Emmie

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 08:48 PM

that really sounds wrong. Hamsters have fur for a reason. Dogs get dressed up coz celebs are trying to make them look good (themselfs and the dog )

#47 ranchgal

ranchgal

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 03:34 AM

1) The hamster doesn't like it. It's itchy, uncomfortable, unatural, and the hamster probably feels trapped.

2) It's not cute. It's stupid. Putting clothes on a hamster is silly. If you're that desperate, get a doll.

3) What is the point? Am I missing something?

4) Why waste money on something such as hamster clothes when- well, read above. I'd rather put it towards a chew or a house or something the hamster might actually enjoy.

#48 PoptartShop

PoptartShop

Angelic Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 12,115 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 11:31 AM

Yes, I agree with HB...it is a little cruel. I think it'd be wrong to put clothes on a hamster...their little bodies can't handle much restraint...& if the clothes are tight; that's another problem =// I wouldn't risk it.

#49 Tink

Tink

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 02:54 PM

I agree with ranchgal and poptartshop I dont think its right, whats the point?

Edited by Tink, 14 January 2007 - 02:55 PM.

#50 HammyGranny

HammyGranny

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 03:22 PM

as for hamster closthes for a pic .. oooh ok maybe i can go for it still veri veri doubtful as for dogs its not mean to dress them I have a chihuahua when i have to go out when oits cold ( below 40*f) or he needs to pottyin snow i could thro him out bare and freezing or put on wwarm coats to keep him dry and warm. I dont dress for fashion tho i do enjoy cute clothes i dress him and our others for warmth and dryness. dogs can get sick from wet cold feet as easily as humans.

example:

currently it 20*f and sleetign outside when i take my short haired itty bitty chihuahua outside he freezes so i put on a thermal and a lil' rain coat to make the process easier. then remove once in his bed. Thats cruel?

#51 Tink

Tink

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 03:36 PM

^ No thats not cruel its good to keep them warm like you said so they dont get sick, but we mean dressing them up for the fun of it :sarcastic:

#52 Laila

Laila

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 07:26 PM

Sorry, I think it's cruel. :( They have fur....... :no:

#53 HammyGranny

HammyGranny

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:11 AM

emma chihuahuas dont have nearly any fur. liek saying oh emma u have skin and tossing u out in the yard during a snowstorm... lol

#54 Laila

Laila

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 02:30 PM

emma chihuahuas dont have nearly any fur. liek saying oh emma u have skin and tossing u out in the yard during a snowstorm... lol

Lol, megan....... >__> I was talking 'bout hamsters......lol. :P

#55 munchynizer

munchynizer

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:19 PM

Aww sorry to say, but I feel kind of sorry for the hamster.. I don't know, but I would just let the animal stay as he is. How would you feel to be dressed up, fitted in clothes, no choice, not being able to speak if you don't like it. Sorry, but no, sad.
Besides if you want to dress something up, don't pick on a small defenseless animal. Get a doll, toy or something that isn't alive and breathing.
Besides you should watch out for the heat. A hamster is hairy, unlike humans who can wear a sweater or such in warm situations (although it isn't all to healthy for us too). We need the extra warmth from clothes, hamsters got a natural coating, their hairs.

Edited by munchynizer, 25 January 2007 - 11:13 PM.

#56 Laila

Laila

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:26 AM

Aww sorry to say, but I feel kind of sorry for the hamster.. I don't know, but I would just let the animal stay as he is. How would you feel to be dressed up, fitted in clothes, no choice, not being able to speak if you don't like it. Sorry, but no, sad.
Besides if you want to dress something up, don't pick on a small defenseless animal. Get a doll, toy or something that isn't alive and breathing.
Same for dogs and other animals that get dressed up by their owners.
Besides you should watch out for the heat. A hamster is hairy, unlike humans who can wear a sweater or such in warm situations (although it isn't all to healthy for us too). We need the extra warmth from clothes, hamsters got a natural coating, their hairs.

Megan's got a point, though - chihuahuas barely have hair. :P

#57 munchynizer

munchynizer

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 10:52 PM

Megan's got a point, though - chihuahuas barely have hair. :P

I was talking about the hamsters... That is the topic header.

#58 SimplyHamm

SimplyHamm

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:57 AM

That sounds so cruel. Hamsters have fur for a reason so why bother making them suffer in tight clothing?

#59 ilovescooter1

ilovescooter1

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 05:22 AM

I think it's really cruel to put hamsters in clothing as SimplyHamm said they have fur!! Why put them in tight itchy clothing that they will hate. A hamster is not a doll that you can dress up if you want to dress things up use a barbie!!!

#60 PoptartShop

PoptartShop

Angelic Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 12,115 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:44 AM

^Exactly.