Photo

cloudy urine?? :s

discoloration health ailments urine sickness

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 trixieham

trixieham

Baby Hamster

• 17 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:36 AM

I posted on here a while ago that my hamster didn't seem to be drinking, they said not to worry so I listened :3
But today I noticed that Trixie's urine was a new cloudy colour. I'm sorta worried and I was wondering what it is and if it may have something to do with her maybe not drinking,:s help please!

#2 tinypixie

tinypixie

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:28 AM

Cloudy, what color do you see in it. Any blood?

If you are able to handle her, can you feel her tummy and see if she either flinches out of pain, or if there is anything unusual? Does she have any signs of infections?

#3 trixieham

trixieham

Baby Hamster

• 17 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:04 AM

Cloudy, what color do you see in it. Any blood?

If you are able to handle her, can you feel her tummy and see if she either flinches out of pain, or if there is anything unusual? Does she have any signs of infections?

I don't think she's having any signs of infection. And it's just a really light yellow, and it has a white kind of like floating I guess? Ahahaha I don't really know how to explain it

#4 Poofthecat

Poofthecat

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:50 AM

Like, does it look like melted butter? If it does then yea that's just another way to look at it.

(Sorry but I have to put a smile on someone's face,
Ermahgerd! My hamster just peed melted butter!)

#5 Mika

Mika

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:01 AM

I just want to throw in that hamster pee is very different for each hamster , i believe.

My dwarves' have pee thats more of the translucent yellow while my syrian has a bit

of a milky yellow hue to her pee. I believe I read somewhere that it was normal and

shall go dig it up for you. back in a flash!

Edit :: ah yes , here it is! first of all, the link: then a post that may detail it a bit more from that thread:

http://hamsterhideout.com/forum/topic/71404-brown-pee/

"I've noticed hamster pee seems to vary....sometimes it's lighter and creamy looking, and other times it's darker and more concentrated.....probably just like people, depending on how much water has been consumed? I'm sure she's fine though! smiley.gif Has she had anything different to eat lately? That might have made it darker as well."

Edited by Mika, 10 July 2013 - 11:03 AM.

#6 malloria

malloria

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:03 PM

I agree with Mika.  Urine color and transparency can vary widely over a short period of time.  I've seen this with my hamsters who used a jar as their potty--twice a day when I emptied it I got to see the nature of their urine.  Light, dark, cloudy, clear.