Photo

Is My Hamster Okay? (near water bottle)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 fluffyhammie

fluffyhammie

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:24 AM

Hi, today I found my Syrian hamster in the corner under his water bottle lying down with his eyes closed. He put all his weight down and he was very flat and I think he was sleeping.scared.gif  However, he usually doesn't sleep there. After he woke up, he kept on going near the water bottle and washing himself, sniffing and moving around near the bottle. Is he just comforatable there or is he curious?undecided.gif  He has been walking near and sniffing the bottle a couple days after I got him but he has never slept there. Also, I don't think he ever slept like that in his super pet mini hideout.

Please tell me this is normal!! Thanksyes.gif

#2 Freep

Freep

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

It is very normal, they will sleep wherever they like. I hate it when my hamsters sleep out in the open by things because all I can think of is why dont they like the house I gave them :D

Dont worry they choose where they want to sleep and it usually is in an odd place. One of my robo's sleeps next to his wheel. One sleeps in the end of a tube. :D

#3 fluffyhammie

fluffyhammie

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:42 AM

Phew! thank god! thanks so much for replying !! :) and he usually sleeps in his hut and it was the first time for me to see him there sleeping. So is it okay if my hamster slept flat?

#4 Freep

Freep

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

Is it hot where you live at the moment? Some hamsters sleep flat when they are hot to cool down

They do sleep in odd ways sometimes, on their sides, on their backs, etc.

One morning found willow my syrian sleeping out in the open and with only her head buried in the bedding. Made me panic but she just woke up and looked at me as if to say "what, nothing wrong here?" she then went back into her house :rotfl:

lol they are odd sometimes :)