Photo

Introducing Wubble!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#16 Amaryllis

Amaryllis

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 847 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:36 AM

Awww. Wubble looks just darling. I love her soft grey coloring. :) So glad she found a home with you where she'll get proper care.

#17 tinypixie

tinypixie

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

OMG she is AH-DORABLE! OOOOOH do you want me to make a new banner with her in it? Posted Image ;3 Posted Image

Thank you! Yes please, I posted in your shop!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Wittle Wubble <3 What a little cutie with such a sweet story. She is just a darling and I'm so happy that you continue to be such an amazing person to do all this for your hamsters. Here's hoping for a lively life for this little one- what a photogenic gal! I am just over the moon for you and make sure to take plenty of pics!

The key thing for her weight will be the access of a wheel. Harley dropped from 61 to 55 in like a couple months. The chub is always cute, though Posted Image

Thank you! I am also over the moon! But not forgetting Panda. I like the chub, and apparently so does she because she made her wheel into a nest lol. Not sure if I should move the bedding or not...

Oh Clareeee! What a darling! I love her ears in that second picture. Oh my godddd! Posted Image

The second picture so far is my favorite of her <3 She's got this little face and the ears kinda make her look like a wee bunny!

She is adorable ! Sure to become a HH favourite.
I'm glad you decided to get her. Adoption, no less.
<33 cutie-ham. I love Wubble already.

D'awww well I'll be sure to keep HH very informed about her LOL. As I do with all my hams Posted Image I love her too, she's so soft and she's not aggressive at all unless my hand is inside her cage, but even there she curiously goes up to it, sniffs it a little, and might do these teeny tiny little nibbles but nothing crazy like Panda lol

She is soooo cute! Love her coloring!

I know I love her coloring too! It is so far a mystery as to what color she actually is, but she's soooooooooo pretty and has a cute little face :3

Aww, she is so cute and I don't understand why they think she is a screamer; she looks like she wouldn't harm a fly.

I know right? She only nibbles my finger from time to time but so far she has never vocalized or really bit me hard. So I wonder what they did to her! :O She even lets me grab her with no problem!

Wow, tinypixie, your photos bring back memories. . . . I could post photos of Frasier when I got him that look just like the third and last ones, where she looks large and somewhat less than well. I hope she is not as unwell as Frasier was (he had kidney issues (high ketones), a fungal infection, a blocked scent gland, fluid retention, AND he weighed 82 grams!) and that under your wonderful care and watchful eye she will eat well and exercise and drop the weight! Ethel, Frasier's sister, weighed in at 60 grams and was healthy; she stabilized at 44 grams after a few months. I love Wubble's name and her coloring. . . . here's to a long happy life for your new big little girl!

Thank you! Still urine testing her (or trying to...) and I'm hoping for the best. Her diet is probably 100x better than what it was at Petsmart, at the previous owners and at the rescue, so hopefully that will "save" her hehe

Awwwee, I just squeeled with excitment and shed a tear at the same time! Posted Image Posted Image You are such a good soul Tiny, and Wubble is lucky to have fallen into your hands- seems like it was meant to be. Wubble can rest assured that she has a Mommy who has the knowledge and love to truely care for her, even if she does have a few special needs. She is soooooo cute. Makes me want to adopt another hammy

Oh thank you Posted Image I am happy to have her in my life. I look forward to getting to know her personality! I will do my best by this little one Posted Image Adopt one, if you can Posted Image Posted Image

I WUB WUBBLE!! Posted Image What a seriously cute little ball of chub that she is and her coloring is beautiful! Like NiNJA said, she is sure to become a favorite around here!

Posted Image My favorite part about your videos is probably all the cute/funny things you say! Oh I hope she goes though.........sometime in your life!

I love her coloring too, and her face :3 I might spam this forum with random babble about her hahaha.

Oh the videos... I never remember that I've said anything and then when I play them back I get all embarassed... but at least people know what I had her in there for lol

Edited by tinypixiexoxo, 17 April 2012 - 09:06 AM.

#18 tinypixie

tinypixie

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:07 AM

Sorry for the double post, but apparently there are only so many quotes you can include in one post!

Just dropping in super quick to say congrats! If you were closer I would steal your new cutie!

Nooo! No stealz! No takez away! :p

Oh Posted Image She's just the most adorable thing I have ever seen! I know she has a good home with you Posted Image

I love that name too, ADORABLE! Tell Wubble I said hi, and welcome! Posted Image

Ha thanks Posted Image I feel inlove when I saw her, and then I had to think of a name that would befit her cuteness LOL!! Wubble is ador-wubble LOLOLOL Posted Image Posted Image

What a cutie! Congrats! <3

Why thank you Posted Image

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! She is so cute! I'm glad you adopted her and gave her a very good home! Posted Image

THanks! Me too. I feel complete with 2 dwarfs, 1 syrian and 1 hedgehog!

Aw I'm so happy for both of you. She is going to have the best mommy possible and will be loved so much Posted Image She is so beautiful. I love that soft gray color; it kinda reminds me of violet chinchillas. Such a beautiful girl for a beautiful owner.

Oh pretty (violet chinchillas).. I am going to do my best to keep her healthy and do my best to get her treated if/when she needs it!

Awww. Wubble looks just darling. I love her soft grey coloring. Posted Image So glad she found a home with you where she'll get proper care.

Thank you! I am so excited to have her with me. I love her coloring too!! ahhh she is just so squee-able!

#19 Azayles

Azayles

Samurai Ham

• Members
  • 8,542 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:09 AM

I wonder if the quote code will still be ok if a mod were to now merge these two posts? Posted Image

#20 Luci

Luci

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:56 AM

I wonder if the quote code will still be ok if a mod were to now merge these two posts? Posted Image

It doesn't work. I've tried doing that with a Rainbow Bridge post but it didn't allow me, though that was before the forum change.

#21 malloria

malloria

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

tinypixy, I said I'd post the photos of Frasier that your photos of Wubble brought back memories of. Here are a few:

Posted Image
Taken in the first day or so after bringing him home. He really wasn't feeling so well. And why was he in the plastic bin? I was hoping for pee to test! Posted Image

Posted Image
His fur and hers look similar here. I know he looks kinda strange in the front leg/chest region. . . . he and his sister both had (presumably congenital) fluid pouches in their upper chests, and that is what you are seeing.

I am sure you'd like to see the slimmed-down healthy Frasier, since slim is what we want for Wubble. . . . here are a few pix. He went from 82 to about 50 grams (a few grams being fluid since the pouch never went away but it never seemed to cause a problem). It happened naturally when I fed him a no-sugars diet and gave him a wheel far better than what he had had at the shelter.

Posted Image
(escape artist behavior was possible once there were fewer grams to hoist over the edge)

Posted Image

The test strip results you posted in the other thread are very encouraging! Yesssssssssss! Posted Image

#22 Marisa

Marisa

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

late posting as always.

Oooh! Clare, Wubble is absolutely adorable! I love love love the second picture! Posted Image

#23 tinypixie

tinypixie

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

tinypixy, I said I'd post the photos of Frasier that your photos of Wubble brought back memories of. Here are a few:

Posted Image
Taken in the first day or so after bringing him home. He really wasn't feeling so well. And why was he in the plastic bin? I was hoping for pee to test! Posted Image

His fur and hers look similar here. I know he looks kinda strange in the front leg/chest region. . . . he and his sister both had (presumably congenital) fluid pouches in their upper chests, and that is what you are seeing.

I am sure you'd like to see the slimmed-down healthy Frasier, since slim is what we want for Wubble. . . . here are a few pix. He went from 82 to about 50 grams (a few grams being fluid since the pouch never went away but it never seemed to cause a problem). It happened naturally when I fed him a no-sugars diet and gave him a wheel far better than what he had had at the shelter.

The test strip results you posted in the other thread are very encouraging! Yesssssssssss! Posted Image

I love that first pic, what a chub chub!
Do you think Wubble looks unwell? I think her fur is very thick and long, but I don't know about her being ill. I'm so happy about the pee tests though. Need about another week to know for sure.
But talking about having her lose weight... she has taken to sleeping in her wheel! Dragged tissue paper in there and everything! Tonight I'll have to change that .. hopefully she won't be mad :/

late posting as always.

Oooh! Clare, Wubble is absolutely adorable! I love love love the second picture! Posted Image

Lol you are not late, it doesn't matter <3 Thanks!

#24 malloria

malloria

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:16 AM

Regarding Wubble as well or unwell:

The unwell Frasier spent a lot of time just sitting in one place as a big furry ball, head down and eyes closed. When I saw those two shots of Wubble with a similar posture it made me think that she wasn't well either. However, if those moments were aberrations and she is generally active and curious (if not running on the wheel. . . yet!) then she is probably just a chub who will be more active when some of the chub is gone. And if she's doing "construction work", then she's alredy burning calories! Frasier didn't touch the wheel for a few weeks, and I think that was because his chub made his fluid pouch rub on the surface when he ran. But once it was more comfortable to run he jumped on it often.

As for the fur, the texture in that one photo reminded me of Frasier's in my photo, that's all. Her fur looks really good for a ham that's not been fed optimally. I'll bet it feels really nice to pet and skritch her. Posted Image

I really have a soft spot for dwarfies who've had it rough. So I am a Wubblemaniac already! Posted Image

#25 tinypixie

tinypixie

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

Regarding Wubble as well or unwell:

The unwell Frasier spent a lot of time just sitting in one place as a big furry ball, head down and eyes closed. When I saw those two shots of Wubble with a similar posture it made me think that she wasn't well either. However, if those moments were aberrations and she is generally active and curious (if not running on the wheel. . . yet!) then she is probably just a chub who will be more active when some of the chub is gone. And if she's doing "construction work", then she's alredy burning calories! Frasier didn't touch the wheel for a few weeks, and I think that was because his chub made his fluid pouch rub on the surface when he ran. But once it was more comfortable to run he jumped on it often.

As for the fur, the texture in that one photo reminded me of Frasier's in my photo, that's all. Her fur looks really good for a ham that's not been fed optimally. I'll bet it feels really nice to pet and skritch her. Posted Image

I really have a soft spot for dwarfies who've had it rough. So I am a Wubblemaniac already! Posted Image

Ohh okay :) thanks for clarifying. She's pretty active actually... the only time when she just sat there with her eyes closed was when I first brought her home in a box. She just sat in a corner until I constructed her house, and then when she went into her house, she was running all over! She's semi-active... I've removed her construction work (LOL) from her wheel and she has not yet moved it back. So here's hoping she will run on her wheel. She was chewing the bars loudly when I woke up this morning, which suggested to me that she still had tons of energy that she was unable to burn off since she made her wheel her house HEHEH.

But I totally get what you mean about the fur. When Panda (may she rest in peace) was having a sick day, the first thing to tip me off was her fur. It would clump and it looked kinda oily. So I will definitely keep an eye on her fur as clues.

Thanks :) I am also a fan of Wubby :) She is quite a character! While the diabetes is still unknown, I am hoping the best and doing the best I can for her <3

#26 TheFeldhamster

TheFeldhamster

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:09 AM

Ah, congrats on your new sweetie!Posted Image
She looks like a blue campbell's to me from the photos. Will check out the other thread in a moment.

#27 Rubyyyyyyyy

Rubyyyyyyyy

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:38 AM

That's a beautiful hamster!

#28 princesshamster

princesshamster

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:01 AM

Awwww, Wubble is just the cutest little thing ever! :heartbeat: I love her little face and her fur looks so fluffy! It's great that you rescued her, her old home sounded AWFUL! ): Congrats on your new adoption! :D

#29 Creative Hamster

Creative Hamster

Popstar Ham

• Members
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:14 AM

Sorry I'm so late on welcoming Wubble! What a perfect name for that cute furry hamster! CongratsPosted Image on Wubble, I know she's going to have an awesome and happy life with you Posted Image Posted Image

#30 bubblepop727

bubblepop727

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

She is the most adorable dwarf ever! She looks like a teddy bear! She looks hamsterrific!