Photo

HH Forum Upgraded! April 2012

new features upgrade

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
84 replies to this topic

#1 dusty

dusty

Popstar Ham

• Admin Team
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

Hello everyone! Posted Image

Thank you for your patience, the forum has been upgraded to the latest version. There may be little bugs here and there, Please do report them here. We will work on the skin touch ups over the next few days. Enjoy!

New features:
- Auto saving of posts as you are typing them (option to restore in event of browser crash, network failures etc)

- Alert when there is a newly posted reply while you are still composing yours

- Topic tags

- Reputation system - "Like" a post, "Like" a status update

- Sharing of posts to Facebook and Twitter

- Smoother and faster forum

Bugs:
- There is an error when I try to view my About page in profile. Trying to fix it.

#2 Azayles

Azayles

Samurai Ham

• Members
  • 8,471 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

Links in signatures seem to look different, too. No colour or size formatting. Weird!
Over all though, very nice work :D The interface is clean and polished, very professional looking.

#3 Christmas_hamster

Christmas_hamster

Super Hero Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 21,332 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

It looks great Dusty, thank you so much!

Hmmm posting is a little odd (ah never mind, I figured it out!). But besides getting used where everything is, upgrades are usually good. C:

Links in signatures seem to look different, too. No colour or size formatting. Weird!

Yeah that seems odd, when I toggleed between editing modes some options weren't avaialable if on the 'code' side of things.

Edited by Christmas_hamster, 15 April 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#4 SyrianPumpkin

SyrianPumpkin

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

I think it looks great! Though My eyes are kinda sore everything is so big, But i'll get used to it!

#5 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,355 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

- Alert when there is a newly posted reply while you are still composing yours

Love this feature! Posted Image Thank you dusty!

I am one of those people who has a hard time accepting change, but I'm sure I'll grow to love it quickly! The only thing I've noticed thus far is the forum is actually a LOT slower, but maybe my connection is just acting up today. Will test and report back later. Thank you for the upgrade!

#6 Azayles

Azayles

Samurai Ham

• Members
  • 8,471 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

Also you might find you need to go into notification settings and tick all the boxes again, otherwise you're not notified in people post in threads you've posted in, posted in your own threads, commented on your profile and so on.

#7 princesshamster

princesshamster

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

Nice! It's going to take me a while to get used to though! Posted Image Love the smiley bar at the bottom! Posted Image Wait, what does multi-quote mean? Oh, also, why is there like 17 pages of new content? 8O And how do you tell if you already viewed a topic? Like you know on the old one it was like faded, but on this version I don't know.

Edited by princesshamster, 15 April 2012 - 10:20 PM.

#8 Christmas_hamster

Christmas_hamster

Super Hero Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 21,332 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

How does that saving your post as you type thing happen? Because the forum has already eaten a post of mine. :P

The only thing I've noticed thus far is the forum is actually a LOT slower, but maybe my connection is just acting up today.

It's the same for me too actually.

#9 Azayles

Azayles

Samurai Ham

• Members
  • 8,471 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

How does that saving your post as you type thing happen? Because the forum has already eaten a post of mine. :P

It's the same for me too actually.

Slow for me, too. Hope that clears up :( lol

#10 Marisa

Marisa

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

It's been really really slow for me, too.

Otherwise - the forum looks great! ;D

..only other tiny complaint would be that you can't tell who is online unless you go to their profile. (Unless there's another way to tell?)

Edited by across-the-nation, 15 April 2012 - 10:39 PM.

#11 malloria

malloria

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

Really really slow loading the original page and to post after composing. Glad to hear that it's not just my computer.

#12 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,355 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

..only other tiny complaint would be that you can't tell who is online unless you go to their profile. (Unless there's another way to tell?)

The only other way I know of is scrolling all the way down to the bottom. It shows members online. :) But yeah, I miss the little icon thingy by everyone's name too.

One other thing is the status updates only show like 5 recent updates, and I kind of miss seeing a full page length (plus with as active as everyone is, chances are all the new statuses will get bumped down very quickly before anyone even sees them!) Is there a way to maximize this larger? Perhaps I'm missing it. :scratchchin:

#13 Marisa

Marisa

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:48 PM

oooh. If you scroll over someone's name on their post it tells you if they're online or not.

#14 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,355 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

Oooh awesome! :D Thanks Marisa!

#15 Azayles

Azayles

Samurai Ham

• Members
  • 8,471 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

The only other way I know of is scrolling all the way down to the bottom. It shows members online. Posted Image But yeah, I miss the little icon thingy by everyone's name too.

One other thing is the status updates only show like 5 recent updates, and I kind of miss seeing a full page length (plus with as active as everyone is, chances are all the new statuses will get bumped down very quickly before anyone even sees them!) Is there a way to maximize this larger? Perhaps I'm missing it. Posted Image

If you click the "view all updates" thing you get a page of loads on, plus more pages if you click the NEXT at the bottom.

Oooh awesome! Posted Image Thanks Marisa!

Oh yeah! Good find :D