Photo

Just brought home a little WW

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 yourstrulygaby

yourstrulygaby

Baby Hamster

• 36 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:08 AM

Finally brought home a winter white hamster from petsmart! It was between her (a white one) and a regular colored one. She was the more shy one of the two. The regular one was more excited to come out of the cage and the white one was more timid and running around a bit. But she did let me and the girl helping me pet her a lot without a problem, she didn't bite when picked up, and she sniffed my fingure without bitting it when I placed it in front of her. So I figured even tho regular one was like ready to be picked up, the white one didn't show any signs of aggression or anything, so her white coat basicly won me over. I really wanted a white one. lol I brought her cage with me in the car so she wouldn't have to be in the cardboard box for like half an hour (the only decent petsmart is pretty far from me). I carried her out of the box with a toilet paper roll and put her in her habitrail ovo cage and I could tell she was way more at ease in it then in the box. She was playing with the roll and she started burrowing (I put like almost 3 inches of carefreash way more then she had at the store) and she loved it. She didn't explore her extentions at all tho, like she would start to go through the whole to her wheel then she would change her mind. lol She ended up falling asleep on the way home under the bedding. When I got home and brought her cage inside I accidentally woke her up while I was checking to make sure she was still there/alive lol (i was a paranoid new mommy) and she got pretty scared and made some hissing nosies. So I turned off the lights in my room and let her go back to sleep. She just woke up now and she exploring much more, I thought this would be a perfect time to feed her since in all the comotion of getting home I didn't get a chance to put food in her cage. She wasn't jumpy at all as I opened the change (which is kinda loud) and came right up to me/the opening to explore more. She had alittle snack, explored the cage a bit more, and now she's napping again.

What do ya think did I make the right chocie? lol Any advice? Sorry this was so long! Here are some pictures I took while she was exploring/eating.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Her name is Marshmallow! <3

Edited by yourstrulygaby, 15 April 2012 - 10:25 AM.

#2 PinkPumpkinGirl

PinkPumpkinGirl

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

Sounds like you made a good choice too me. Everyone has their own way of how they pick out hams when they buy/adopt them. I love seeing how they act when I hold them. :)

Edited by PinkPumpkinGirl, 15 April 2012 - 12:39 PM.

#3 tinypixie

tinypixie

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 3,604 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:03 AM

Awwww she is such a pretty little girl with big eyes! Smee winks at her :D

#4 emilystar

emilystar

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:52 AM

She's gorgeous! She does look like Smee. (maybe they should be long distance lovers Posted Image ) Sounds like she's already becoming a friendly girl :)

#5 Anastasia♥

Anastasia♥

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:26 AM

AWWW! She is precious! Take good care of her ;)
You made a good choice taking her....I think she'll be a lot of fun to play with, and sounds like you'll have lots of fun with her....Good luck with your new fuzzball ♥

#6 Harmony

Harmony

Baby Hamster

• 20 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

She is so adorable! :3