Photo

Yuki

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 cityStatic

cityStatic

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

It was almost two years since I adopted Yuki into my house. A lot can change over the course of two years. I moved to a new school. Four of my neighbors have moved. My best friend moved and I've gotten a new one. My favorite cousin died, my other neighbor also passed away. The most I have ever cried is when my dog died over the summer.

Then there are things that stay the same. Yuki has been in my life for 22 months; the only certainty I have had over that period of time. I noticed last week that his eye had shut. I was able to un-glue it. However, I noticed his behavior has been erratic over the past two days. He'd been sleeping more, running in his wheel less, and when I wanted to play with him he would give me a stare. I came home from school today and looked for him to play with him. I found him unmoving in his food bowl. I thought that he may have been in "hibernation," as the temperature around here has been bipolar, going from 15 degrees to 4 and vice versa, so I held him and tried feeding him some warm milk from a dropper. After about ten minutes, I knew he was gone. He wasn't breathing and his heart wasn't beating.

RIP Yuki.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 princesshamster

princesshamster

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about Yuki and everything else that has happened to you! I hope you're OK. :hug: May Yuki rest peacefully. :rainbow:

Edited by princesshamster, 14 April 2012 - 08:26 PM.

#3 PinkPumpkinGirl

PinkPumpkinGirl

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

This so sad. I'm sure he lived a happy life with you. R.I.P Yuki! :rainbow:

#4 cityStatic

cityStatic

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:15 AM

Thanks, both of you. :grouphug:

#5 Luci

Luci

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:48 AM

Yuki looked like such a sweet boy and I'm sure he knows how much you love him. I'm so sorry that you've experienced so many losses lately- it truly never gets easier. Yuki is such a handsome little guy and we'll miss him a lot. I hope you feel better soon Posted Image