Photo

Newbie, first time hamster owner!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rubidium

Rubidium

Baby Hamster

• 42 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:51 AM

Hello all! My name is Kelsey and I'm 19. Yesterday I purchased my first hamster. I have previously owned rats, so this isn't my first rodent...however I still feel like I have a lot to learn. Googling led me to this website and it looks like a lot of fun so I figured I would join. My hamster is a female shorthaired syrian. After looking at the syrian hamster colors page, I am inclined to say her color is black tortoiseshell, but I am not positive. Perhaps someone with more knowledge regarding coat colors could let me know. Her name is Rubidium (Ruby for short). I'm a biology major in college and a huge science nerd, so don't laugh at her name! Anyway, I am an animal lover. I have a four year old male yellow lab named Finnian who is my constant companion and best friend. I also have three cats. Sapphire (female, 11), Curtis (male, 8), and Floyd (male, 3).

Here are some pictures of little Ruby :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 PinkPumpkinGirl

PinkPumpkinGirl

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:53 AM

It is my dream to own a tortoiseshell! She's perfect! :lovestruck:

#3 princesshamster

princesshamster

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

Welcome to HH, Kelsey! I'm Clare. :) Ruby is so adorable and her coloring is gorgeous! :D I'm not that good with coat colors however, so I can't help you with that. :) I hope you like it here! See you around the forum! :D

#4 Elyse

Elyse

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:12 AM

Welcome to HH, my name is Elyse, and you have a beautiful little hamster on your hands; hope you enjoy the forums.

#5 Jani

Jani

Baby Hamster

• 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

She's gorgeous, great name too it really suits her.

#6 Momiji

Momiji

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:45 AM

She has THE cutest face I have ever seen!!! :lovestruck: Welcome to the site! If you have any questions please feel free to ask! :)