Photo

Is this a good diet idea?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Elyse

Elyse

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:43 AM

Okay I'm planning on changing up Serenity's food for the last time; I was planning on buying Carefresh Complete, Hazel Hamster (I was able to track down a store that sells the food), and a small bag of Bird Food. This was what I was thinking:

a tablespoon of Carefresh Complete
a tablespoon of Hazel Hamster
and a pinch of Bird Food

Would this be too much or right on point or should I stick with one food and get the bird food to add?

Edited by SerenityHamster, 10 April 2012 - 01:43 AM.

#2 PinkPumpkinGirl

PinkPumpkinGirl

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:46 AM

I personally wouldn't add the bird mix. Hazel Hamster mixed with Carefresh complete should be perfect.

#3 Elyse

Elyse

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:56 AM

Ah, okay then, I'm just trying to get the food right without going over board.

Edited by SerenityHamster, 10 April 2012 - 01:56 AM.

#4 tinypixie

tinypixie

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

I mean, there are a lot of seeds that hamsters would love from bird mix, but then again there is always this shiney coating that they tend to add to bird mixes that might not be good for hamsters.

If you want more variety, and you have money to spend, do what I do and buy multiple hamster mixes including those with a lot of different seeds in them. Then, sort out what is okay for hamsters and what is not, of course throwing out what is bad for them. But at least you know there is no weird coating on them. Or at least, I hope not.

Best to be safe :D

Oh, and spray millet from bird aisles... as long as they are not flavored or coated and are just spray millet with no additives.. those are sooo nommy for hamsters!

#5 Elyse

Elyse

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

Thank you for the tips and advice; once I get my car back (to me it is the silliest thing ever on why my car is in the shop but anyway) I'm going to be heading up to Petsmart, look around, and do some shopping around. The only thing I might buy is the spray millet to give Serenity something new tonight.

EDIT: I just bought some Spray Millet and it is berry flavored; will this be okay for her?

Edited by SerenityHamster, 11 April 2012 - 03:49 AM.

#6 tinypixie

tinypixie

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:45 AM

Hm. Well... I'm not 100% sure. can you post what the ingredients say?

#7 Elyse

Elyse

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:55 AM

From what it said on the ingredients were Natural Millet and Berry; those were the only two ingredients mentioned.