Photo

Hi, I'm new!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 vickymac

vickymac

Baby Hamster

• 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:22 AM

I'm a new member at this hamster hideout forum. I'm looking forward to purchasing a new hamster (Golden) because my last one died of wet tail, she was just a baby and we weren't able to treat her in time and with the right anti-biotics, so...
If I buy a juvenile hamster (or a teen) is there less chance he/she will get sick?? Thanks for your help. :bunny:

#2 Christmas_hamster

Christmas_hamster

Super Hero Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 21,332 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

Welcome to HH :wave:

I am sorry about your hamster, wet tail isn't fun. If you get an older hamster (above 12 weeks) then it is much less likely that the hamster will contract or have wet tail though it could still be potentially ill with something else. Look for an active hamster, no missing fur, clear eyes and nose, clean rear end, no lumps or bumps, and a generally healthy looking animal.

#3 Elyse

Elyse

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

Welcome to HH and I am sorry for your loss; just like what CH said try to get a hamster that is older and is healthy.

#4 emilystar

emilystar

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:37 AM

Hi and welcome to HH :) I'm sorry to hear about your little one. An older hamster would have a better chance at staying healthy. As long as you leave it alone for at least 3 days and slowly begin to interact with it everything should be fine :)

#5 PinkPumpkinGirl

PinkPumpkinGirl

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

Hello and welcome to HH! This place is very helpful. Hope to see you around! :wave:

#6 ratedKG

ratedKG

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

I would like to extend my warmest welcome to you in behalf of all of my hamsters. :hamster1: :hamster5: :hamster4: :veryhappy: :veryhappy: :veryhappy: