Photo

Bean...The last of my roborovskis. The smart, clever, funny hamster is now crossing the rainbwo bridge.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 hamsterluver224

hamsterluver224

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:04 AM

Bean. Oh, Bean. The day you were born was probably one of the most exasperating but joyful day of my life. Your mother had died (Icee...my baby...) after having you, and you were a little treasure, the only of the surviving litter. (Skittle, your sister, had a pup, but she also died.) I could tell you were strong and were a fighter. Your father died a few weeks after your birth, and you were all alone, with the exception of your nephew. During the beginning of your life I regret saying I wasn't there most of the time. You were left in the care of my sister as I was in AZ. But when I returned, you greeted me with your bright baby eyes and your tiny paws, wriggling and staring up at me. You were so young but so strong. Then...one day, a tumor took ahold of you. I cried when I saw you curled up in your bed, breathing heavily. I thought for sure you would die. I prayed for you...and then...somehow...you recovered. I picked you up one day expecting to see you have already left me, but you weren't gone. You greeted me again with those beady, bright eyes, letting me know you had stayed with me. Later in your life, you proved your cleverness. I bought you a new cage, which seemed indestructible. You proved me wrong. Within the first week, I saw you were gone from your cage. There was a hole that looked as if you had nibbled through it. I was horrified and frightened. I set out harmless mouse hotel traps with food in them, and waited for you. After about 2 hours, I went back to your cage...you were sleeping in your nest!!! I didn't know how it happened. I thought for sure I was losing my marbles. The next morning, you were gone again. I again set out some hotels. That evening, to my surprise...of course, you were in your cage again. I sat for awhile watching you. You must have not noticed I was there. I saw you squirm out of your cage. I tried to catch you, but you were much too quick. I decided to sleep in the room your cage was in. Later in the night, I felt something nudge my nose. I opened my eyes. You were staring at me, with those bright little eyes you seemed to be laughing at me. I tried to grab you, but you ran toward your cage. I watched with amazement as you squirmed back into your cage through the hole. That is when I recognized you were smarter than I thought. I spent the next several months just appreciating being your mommy and training you in mazes and obstacle courses, which you were amazingly good at. The last few months of your life, you began to slow. I could no longer put you in obstacle courses, but you were still happy and bright and loved to sing. You sang a LOT. At year 3, you began to hobble as you moved, yet you were still very fast. One time, you escaped from your cage. You were gone for a whole MONTH. I was so apprehensive, I thought I had lost you. But again, you proved me wrong. You came into my room and you were put safely into your cage. (A new one. :)) Your whole life you were a fighter and a comforter. At the last month of your life, you became friends with your nephew, Twinky. At first you were adversaries, always trying to go for each other's throats. But then, you soon loved each other's company. You slept together, played together, ate together. When Twinky died tragically, you immediately changed. You were no longer bright and enthusiastic. You seemed very depressed. I'm sure your heart was broken and you missed your best friend. Then, one night, I cleaned your cage. It would be the last time as well. You barely woke up. I put you on the floor and put you next to a pile of food (I had trained you not to run away but to stay in an area). You ate, but then merely sat and watched me with slitted eyes. I placed you in your cage after cleaning, and you immediately curled in your bed. I put a sunflower seed next to your head, and you ate it slowly. It would be the last meal you would ever eat. The next morning, I went to exercise you, but you were lying on your bedding, not moving. I picked you up. You were slightly breathing. However...in my heart, I saw your curled, small, cold body, I knew you were already on your way to the Rainbow Bridge. I began to cry as you looked at me as if to say "Don't worry, Mommy. I'll see you again someday." I whispered to him, "You can go now, Bean. Mommy's here, and I love you. Don't be scared, I'll see you soon." Then, with his paws on my finger, he took his last breath, and departed from his Earthly life forever. I buried you in your bedding and buried your cage, beside your nephew's grave.

Bean
Leaving in your sleep is always so sad
But living in pain is always worse.
Bean~ 2009-2012

:rip: :heartbeat: :candle:
Goodbye. I'll cross the Rainbow Bridge with you someday.

Edited by hamsterluver224, 07 April 2012 - 05:07 AM.

#2 L&B's Mama

L&B's Mama

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:09 AM

That is so very was :crybuckets: my heart goes out to you in this time of mourning :candle:

#3 emilystar

emilystar

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:12 AM

Oh I'm so sorry :( Bean sounded like an amazing hamster. So smart and loving. I know he felt comforted to spend his last moment with his mommy. He's looking down on you from the rainbow bridge waiting for you to join him. Rest in peace little Bean, I hope you are with Twinky eating all the sunflower seeds you can stuff.

#4 hamsterluver224

hamsterluver224

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:24 AM

Thank you, all of you. :) :grouphug: Yes, Bean was one of a kind. He died today. :(

Edited by hamsterluver224, 07 April 2012 - 05:25 AM.

#5 hamsterluver224

hamsterluver224

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:45 AM

Poem dedicated to Bean~

Touch your spirit to the sky
Leave the world from whence you came
Escalate above the clouds
Your play is over in this game.

(That was verse 1 ;))

#6 ratedKG

ratedKG

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:15 AM

I became really sad to know the story of how Bean died. But I think you're right on the last thing that you said there "Leaving in your sleep is always so sad, But living in pain is always worse."

Again, my sincerest condolences.

#7 Chocolate Hamsters

Chocolate Hamsters

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

:disappointed: This is very sad, and Bean sounded like a gorgeous, clever little hamster.
Its so sad that he died, and I apologize sincerely

#8 PoptartShop

PoptartShop

Angelic Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 12,115 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:35 AM

I'm really sorry for your loss of Bean. He sounded like a cutie, & I'm sure you loved & cared for him very much. May he RIP<3 :rainbow: :rose:

#9 bubblepop727

bubblepop727

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:41 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. Bean was really happy living his life with you. May he rest in peace.

#10 Rubyyyyyyyy

Rubyyyyyyyy

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:39 AM

RIP Bean! You had a long, happy life, and you will be missed!