Photo

Olive

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Genevie

Genevie

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

On Saturday, my beautiful, sweet Russian Olive passed away :( I believe she must have passed in her sleep, as I found her laying peacefully in her favourite spot with her eyes closed, however the cause is unknown. Though many people in my life cannot relate to this, I'm sure you all can - Olive meant the world to me <3 She was the first hamster I've had since I was a child; I had to wait about a year to get her and it was so worth it! I adopted her on the 17th of August, and had to go through quite a bit of trouble to get her, but from that day on she brightened my world. She was full of character (very lazy and greedy!) and never ceased to make me and my friends smile. She gave me so much inspiration, and because of my little hybrid Olive (whose lifespan and health were, I believe, decreased by poor breeding) one of my life goals is to improve the gene pool of pure Winter Whites and Campbells in the UK, and hopefully try to eradicate hybridisation as much as possible. She will be buried in my best friend's garden, along with many other much loved pets.

Rest in peace, Olive <3

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Isa

Isa

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:21 AM

I'm so sorry about Olive :'( She reminds me so much of my Johnny, who also passed away unexpectedly but peacefully halfway between his favourite mushroom house and his beloved food bowl.
I wish you to become a great WW & Campbell's breeder and join the efforts of many great breeders who work hard to make hamsters healtier, so that one day no hamster will have to leave us prematurely.
Rest in peace Olive, and meet Johnny and all our other sorely missed friends on the bridge :rainbow:

#3 princesshamster

princesshamster

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:01 PM

I'm so very sorry to hear about Olive! :hug: I hope you are OK. She was truly a special hamster and you two had a great bond. I know you'll never forget her and she'll never forget you. May she rest peacefully. :rainbow:

#4 emilystar

emilystar

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:13 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss :( Olive sounded like a great hamster and I'm glad she went peacefully. I know you will one day make a great breeder. Rest in peace little Olive.

#5 tinypixie

tinypixie

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:15 AM

Ohh I'm sorry for your loss, Genevie. Olive was loved and I really enjoyed the pictures of her. It sounds like you were a dedicated owner, going great lengths to have her and keep her happy.

I think it's a wonderful aspiration you have, to improve the genetic pool so that future hams can live a longer, more fulfilled life. It's sad that she passed it but sounds very peaceful and wasn't long and drawn out.

Hope you are healing over there :hug:

#6 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,389 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

Olive was so very loved by you her whole life, Genevie, and she was such a pretty hamster too. I'm sorry for your sudden loss....it's never easy. :hug: Please feel better soon ok? :rose:

#7 Christmas_hamster

Christmas_hamster

Super Hero Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 21,332 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:20 PM

Olive was well loved and she was lucky to have such a great owner. Rest Peacefully Olive. :rainbow:

#8 Genevie

Genevie

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:32 AM

Thank you all for the kind words :heartbeat: it's hard, but I'm coping. And I'd rather she was over the bridge than suffering from whatever caused her to leave me so early, so at the end of the day this is a somewhat positive thing.

Edited by Genevie, 07 April 2012 - 02:33 AM.

#9 hamsterluver224

hamsterluver224

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:29 AM

I am sorry for your loss. Olive was a sweet thing. I know how you feel. :worried: