Photo

Fire ant bite :(

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,349 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:13 AM

So Shadow10 and I were talking in the sock thread, and I was explaining my story about what I go through just to get good photos sometimes. So when I sat on the ground to get sock photos, a friendly little fire ant came up and decided my leg was tasty so he did a big *NOM* that hurt and I brushed him off but it was too late. :crybuckets: So she asked to see the bite (possibly to prove that it actually exists?), and when I offered to pm the photo she said:

Hmm where to post... Not PM, no one else will get to have symapthy for you then... Did I just say sympathy? I meant giggle! :slaphappy:

She has a strange sense of humor........ :scratchchin:

Now I expect much sympathy!! It's over 4 days later and THIS is what the bite still looks like. Then I got another on my foot tonight when I stepped in the middle of a fire ant trail and proceeded to fling my shoes off and run around like a crazy loon screaming my head off. LOL.

Posted Image
LOOK at that. It's like a mega chunk of my flesh got eaten!!!

P.s. What do you all do to help the itchiness? Does rubbing alcohol actually help?

Edited by HoppingHammy, 03 April 2012 - 07:14 AM.

#2 Spangoid

Spangoid

Popstar Ham

• Members
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:26 AM

Awww its sooo small! I was expecting something huge! Although it kinda looks like a worm in the middle... :mischievous:

One thing I have found that helps with itching is scratching it some more!!!

But no, on a serious note, I hope it gets better soon! However, you may find me asking after the one on your foot next... :rotfl:

:hug:

#3 senshine

senshine

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:31 AM

That looks very sore and itchy! I hope it gets better soon. All I know about them is that once the bister is popped, you need to keep it clean cause they can get infected easily. What about some AfterBite stuff?