Photo

Tubes for dwarf

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Leper

Leper

Baby Hamster

• 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:31 AM

Hello all, I'm new here. I'm planing on buying a WW dwarf hammy. I have been lurking here for about a week and learned a lot. I'm planing on making a bin cage and I am pretty much set up to go. I want to add some tubes to it tho but dont know what kind would be best. I've searched for the best types but couldn't really find an answer.

While I know the syrians need bigger tubes than most brands offer, what about the dwarfs? I'm assuming that the advertised 'dwarf tubes' are too small for them (habitrail mini and dwarf ovo) although I'm not 100% sure. I don't know if tubes can be 'too' big but it seems like they can especially if at too much of a slant or vertical. I'm basically just wondering what brands are best for dwarfs.

Thank You!

#2 Pickles12807

Pickles12807

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:45 AM

I just adopted a very small dwarf and he is currently using Crittertrail tubes. He doesn't seem to have any problems using them, even the vertical one.

#3 Leper

Leper

Baby Hamster

• 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

Okay, thanks. That probably means they will fit in most normal sized tubes. Good to know :)

#4 bobthealien

bobthealien

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:57 AM

The crittertrail tubes all the way! just make sure you get a dwarf if you use those, syrians get pretty chunky Posted Image The design is like a ladder almost... it has grips every 2 steps or so