Photo

not again :(

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 kala83

kala83

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:48 AM

so I bought Herman a bigger nicer cage but he found a place in the cage that he could push up (a lose bubble cover now he has been out of the cage for two days... I put food out in the kitchen and left his cage open but there is a spot under the sink that apparently goes into the interior of the apartments foundation.

Add on to that, I am moving out next month and I have a lot more pressure on my hands I am going to do a sweep of my house......today to see where he may or may not be...

but fairly concerned about my poor baby.

Edited by kala83, 27 March 2012 - 03:00 AM.

#2 princess-sprinkles

princess-sprinkles

Baby Hamster

• 26 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:25 AM

check behind every dresser, under every dresser, check every room in your apartment. There is a stong chance that your hamster has made a nest under one of your dressers. and remember, no matter how unlikely it is that your hamster has hidden in a certain spot, there is a big chance that he or she has, indeed, been hiding out there.

They are very sneaky. Another good tactic is to loeave little food bows out and maybe a water bowl out somewhere on the floor at night, and if possible, stay up at night you will hear them scuttling around scavenging for food. I would leave a bowl of food out in certain areeas of my home when Wall-E would escape, and when I woke up he had taken a bunch of it and brought it back to his nest.

Eventually I always found him, he was usually in the same spot 3 rooms down the hall, in my moms room, in a sublet of her room, under a cabinet with a small space. Don't ask me how he got back ther, he was a pain to get out >:I

Also, I would tape up the hole under the sink. He probably hasnt gone in there, because I think he would be smart enough to know that it's more dangerous than fun seeing how its a scary dark hole. did you try using a flashlight and looking in there? if your really quiet, and you sit in certain rooms of your apartment, sometimes you can hear them moving around. You could bang pots and make a lot of noise in a certain room, then be really really quiet and see if you get a reaction. Or just be really quiet and see if you hear any little hamster sounds :3 Thats what my dad did once and he found my little wall-e really good like that, every time.

Edited by SprinklesthePrincess, 27 March 2012 - 05:27 AM.

#3 kala83

kala83

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:51 AM

I did use a flash light to look in there and for the most part no he was not in there. But the last time he did get out he was crawling in back in there so I m not sure if he is not there or not and I don't want to shut him in....and really not be able to find him.....I very gently put a broom stick into the area behind the sink to see how far back it went and if it had a back...which it does seem to.... but he didn't make any noises or nothing when I was in their ratting the broom about or when I looked in with the flash light...but as i said before I know he went in there before when he got out the fist time...saw him go in under the thing...which is why I hesitate to close it up....
been looking nearly everywhere else I can think....of I am sure if I keep up at this rate not only I will have most of my stuff boxed up for the move put hopefully I will find him as well.

check behind every dresser, under every dresser, check every room in your apartment. There is a stong chance that your hamster has made a nest under one of your dressers. and remember, no matter how unlikely it is that your hamster has hidden in a certain spot, there is a big chance that he or she has, indeed, been hiding out there.

They are very sneaky. Another good tactic is to loeave little food bows out and maybe a water bowl out somewhere on the floor at night, and if possible, stay up at night you will hear them scuttling around scavenging for food. I would leave a bowl of food out in certain areeas of my home when Wall-E would escape, and when I woke up he had taken a bunch of it and brought it back to his nest.

Eventually I always found him, he was usually in the same spot 3 rooms down the hall, in my moms room, in a sublet of her room, under a cabinet with a small space. Don't ask me how he got back ther, he was a pain to get out >:I

Also, I would tape up the hole under the sink. He probably hasnt gone in there, because I think he would be smart enough to know that it's more dangerous than fun seeing how its a scary dark hole. did you try using a flashlight and looking in there? if your really quiet, and you sit in certain rooms of your apartment, sometimes you can hear them moving around. You could bang pots and make a lot of noise in a certain room, then be really really quiet and see if you get a reaction. Or just be really quiet and see if you hear any little hamster sounds :3 Thats what my dad did once and he found my little wall-e really good like that, every time.

#4 missPixy

missPixy

Angelic Ham

• Advisor
  • 12,774 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:32 AM

as Sprinkles mentioned, being very quiet late at night is the
perfect way to hear a runaway hamster. you may hear them
nomming on food they stashed in their cheekpouches, or
they may gnaw on something hard in their vicinity. when
the lights go off and the house gets quiet of all sound is
when you'll most likely find him.

#5 kala83

kala83

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

I'll keep an eye out for him.....if worse comes to worse I know somwhere can find a live mouse trap.....and that could work fairly well.

as Sprinkles mentioned, being very quiet late at night is the
perfect way to hear a runaway hamster. you may hear them
nomming on food they stashed in their cheekpouches, or
they may gnaw on something hard in their vicinity. when
the lights go off and the house gets quiet of all sound is
when you'll most likely find him.

#6 kala83

kala83

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:05 PM

Herman certain is still in the house he ate on some of the food finally might need to resort to trying possibly a live trap...at some point....to get him quicker...but I am so happy that he is ok...lol he is just being pardon my french...but a lil <poop>....like he has always seemed to...

#7 princess-sprinkles

princess-sprinkles

Baby Hamster

• 26 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:13 PM

lol about the poop thing.

I'm so glad to hear that your hamster is still okay! make sure you close the hole! Good to know he is alright. Good luck finding him.