Photo

I am now a hamster convert ...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tessa

Tessa

Baby Hamster

• 3 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:25 AM

Hi everyone!
I just recently took in an unwanted hamster, a male Syrian hamster whose age is unknown. I am normally a gerbil gal, but when one of my gerbie boys died, I couldn't stand the empty tank! I looked online for unwanted gerbils, but none to be found. Having had hamsters a couple years back, I decided to see how many hamsters out there needed homes. I could not believe the amount of people giving up their hamsters! I knew I had to take home at least one, and responded to an ad giving a female hamster away for free. When I got "her" I instantly fell in love! I quickly discovered she was a he, and he was a very big hamster! (pics to come soon!!) He has been very sweet and is currently being housed in a fifteen gallon tank. I am still getting used to his slower pace, compared to the gerbils, he is just so calm! He is predominately white with brown on his head and bum.
I have yet to name the lovely fellow, I do not have a creative bone in my body. Name suggestions are always welcomed :)
I also share a home with three gerbils, I adopted a pair from the SPCA and homed another older female who was no longer wanted for breeding. My "rule" is to not buy babies, instead homing the older guys who need some extra lovin' and attention. Two cats and one dog complete the family (also all adopted), and they all keep me on my toes!
I am enjoying having a hamster again and look forward to learning and meeting all of you! :)

#2 Christmas_hamster

Christmas_hamster

Super Hero Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 21,332 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:16 AM

Why hello and welcome to the forum. It's Holly by the way.

I can't believe the zoo you've acquired and just to think, I was the crazy one with cages all over my room. We've traded places,lol.

#3 emilystar

emilystar

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:24 AM

Welcome convert :) Hope you enjoy the forum and can't wait to see pictures of the big guy :)

#4 Elyse

Elyse

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:56 PM

Welcome to HH and your place sounds like fun with all the animals about.

#5 ratedKG

ratedKG

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

I would like to extend my warmest welcome to you in behalf of all of my hamsters. :hamster1: :hamster5: :hamster4: :veryhappy: :veryhappy: :veryhappy: