Photo

what is the best and friendliest hamster breed?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 new hamster owner

new hamster owner

Baby Hamster

• 12 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:56 AM

i really need to know what type of breed are the best and dont bite alot and who like to be held?

#2 princesshamster

princesshamster

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:11 AM

Well, it kind of just depends on a certain hamster's personality. Fr example, there could be a really tame loving Syrian but then a Syrian that bites and doesn't like interaction. However, in general Syrians are slower and calmer. :D Good luck!

#3 Christmas_hamster

Christmas_hamster

Super Hero Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 21,332 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

I'm going to move this to the "Different Species" board. ;)

Just so you know there are technically no breeds of hamsters, but species. There is a great thread here actually: http://hamsterhideout.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9060

#4 R.I.P. Nibbles

R.I.P. Nibbles

Baby Hamster

• 10 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:56 PM

Like many people have said it kinda depends on the hamsters personality but in MY opinion its got to be the MALE Syrian they are just perfect:) not only are they calm and willing to be held ( most of the time ) but they RARELY bite or ignore you, theyre like the dogs of the hamster world, like your best friend:) dats my opinion though:D

#5 Buttercup Bento

Buttercup Bento

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:22 PM

It really depends on the hamster's personality. For example, I've had 2 Syrians: 1 was a bitey, exploring, busy, rumbunctious little thing and 1 is nosey, friendly, gentle and calm.

#6 SyrianPumpkin

SyrianPumpkin

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:28 PM

Just like Many of the other member have said It really depends on the personality. I've had 4 hamster's though out my life they were all Syrians and my first hamster, was very hyper and disliked to be held my second syrian was so gentle and sweet and very lazy liking to not move much, my this syrian(Pumpkin) is old and lazy but sure likes to pretend he's a young hamster again doing everything he shouldn't >:P and my 4th hamster (Wasabi) is very sweet when being held but loves his wheel to death! so yah! It's all in there personality! :lovestruck:

#7 PoptartShop

PoptartShop

Angelic Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 12,115 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:16 AM

Every hamster (regardless of their species) is different. I've only had Syrians, but each one I've had was super different. :D It depends on the individual hamster. Robos are tiny, very fast & most don't like to be held, but in the end it truly depends on how they are.