Photo

This is a great hamster forums,but i have a query.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 stbarnabasbelle

stbarnabasbelle

Baby Hamster

• Account Closed
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:15 AM

Please can someone tell me is there is anyway I can set up these forums to notify me by email whenever i receive a reply to a post,as otherwise i've got to keep signing in to see whether i've had any replies.
Some forums like ''Hamstercentral'' automaticually send your reply to a post straight through to your emails,but it doesnt seem to on here,so i just wondered is there a way i can set it up so whever i get a reply to my posts it'll come through to my email address,or at least let me know if i've got a reply on ''Hamsterhideout''?

I'm glad i've chose this forum instead of ''Hamsterfanatic''or ''Hamsterhouse'' I think this hamster forum,followed by ''Hamstercentral''are the best.

#2 Plushie

Plushie

Popstar Ham

• Members
  • 4,852 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:53 AM

Welcome to HH and I'm glad you're enjoying it here! ;D

Click your name at the top right corner and choose My Settings. On the left sidebar, under "Notification Options" you should be able to change what notifications you get.

If you ever find the e-mails overwhelming (like if you reply to a lot of posts, like me :P) and you want to disable your notifications, there's another way of checking to see if your threads/posts have had new replies. When you click "View New Content" on the top right and look at the icons on the left to each threads, you'll see a little folder like these:

Posted Image Posted Image

The one on the right, with the little paper clip thing or whatever, means that you posted in that thread.
Red folders mean the topic is 'hot' (15+ replies), blue ones are ones with less than 15 replies.
Faded folders mean that there have been no new replies since you checked the topic, while folders at their regular opacity (e.g. the ones above) means there are new replies.
If you want to skip to your latest unread replies in a thread, click the button that looks like this: Posted Image