Photo

Whats your Daily hamster routine?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 SyrianPumpkin

SyrianPumpkin

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:07 AM

Hey guys! So I was wondering whats YOUR daily hamster schedule?
Here's mine:

Ok So At about 7 or 8 PM I Give more Food, fill up there water bottles if needed, change Pumpkin's litter box, check the water bottle if it's working, switch the chew toys around and then play around with the hamster's for a bit! So Whats yours? :D

#2 L&B's Mama

L&B's Mama

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:24 PM

Mine is I wake up in the morning and check to see if the babies are out. Then I go in the kitchen and cut up fresh food for Lucy and the babies. I then stick it in the cage to lure mama and the babies out(bwhahaha :) ). I then pick bedding out of her food bowl and put new mix in it and refill the bottle if needed. I throw a few of the fresh foods to the babies who are too lazy to get out of the nest. Later I come back to take the little dish out then pick up some babies to see if I can identify their genders( I think I got it :D). Then later in the evening I have some fun with Lucy the watch her run on the wheel and listen to the babies squeak at her to feed them lol

Edited by L&B's Mama, 21 March 2012 - 12:25 PM.

#3 Imi&Cinni

Imi&Cinni

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 925 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:02 PM

9am- Feeding time, Change water, Check that it's working properly, switch all the toys around to make it more intresting.

5pm- Play with them

7pm- Ball time

#4 emilystar

emilystar

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:59 PM

6am or when I first wake up: Give fresh food and dump out old water and replace with new water, reset anything Poptart moved around during the night.

2pm: take Poptart out of her cage and give a veggie and an extra (protein source, grain, fruit)

8pm: take Poptart out for play time (either on me bed, floor, bathroom, or bathtub; Poptart doesn't like the hamster ball, she prefers to run free)

#5 Elyse

Elyse

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:33 AM

6 am to 8 am (I always wake in between that time frame) ~ I change Serenity's food and water; fix any bedding she has decided to throw around/burrow through during the night. Pick out bedding that has fallen into the food dish and clean up her chew log cause she has a habit of burying it.

In between 12pm and 2pm (every other day) ~ Give Serenity fresh veggies and play with her a bit if she comes out of the igloo.

8 pm to 10 pm ~ Play some music and take Serenity out of the cage and let her run around on me as well as the bed; have to keep a close eye on her whenever she's on bed though she always wants to burrow under the teddies that I have on my bed.

Edited by SerenityHamster, 22 March 2012 - 01:48 AM.

#6 Lucas

Lucas

Ninja Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 7,473 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:51 AM

Every morning I check their food and water. I don't change food daily because I want to make sure they eat everything in their bowl and not just pick through all the good stuff lol. They have two water bottles in their cage, and I change them every 2-3 days. Every couple of days I'll give them some veggies!
SO basic things really, lol. They don't like to be held for very long, so I will interact with them and open their cage usually once a day. They also get a big piece of spray millet every few days.

#7 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,383 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:57 AM

Ok, typically I go check the hamster room every morning, right after waking up, just to make sure everything appears in order, nothing fell apart and both hamsters are safe. :heartbeat:

In the afternoon I tidy up a bit (remove droppings, pick up shavings that jumped out got shoved out of the cages, and if any cages/tubes need cleaning now is when I do it as both hamsters are asleep.)

At night, whenever Wonton wakes up (he's always awake before Baklava), I'll go in and spend special time with him filling up his dish with dry food, hand feeding fresh veggies, and giving attention. He gets so excited! :) Once he's set and goes off in the tubes to stash and eat, I take out his wheel and Baklava's wheel as well, wash it down well and replace it, then fill fresh water in the water bottles. By this time Baklava (hopefully) pokes his head out to see what's going on and I use this opportunity to give him his fresh veggies and refill the dish as well. Then he stretches and grooms a bit before I take him out and hold him on my lap or let him in the playpen (depending on his mood).

Lastly I say goodnight to both of them, after watching a bit more, check all the connections and cage doorways for the 3rd (or 4th haha!) time before shutting off the light and heading out. They both know the routine pretty well! Definitely gives something to look forward to each night.

Edited by HoppingHammy, 23 March 2012 - 03:02 AM.