Photo

Part of a short story

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Elyse

Elyse

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:33 PM

Here's the starting paragraph of my latest ebook I am currently working on; the ebook is a collection of short stories.

The Woman and The 9 Tailed Fox

"What do you mean our daughter is blind?! How could this have happened? I know for a fact that she had perfect sight for a full year after she was born and now you say she is blind as a bat! Did I marry a doctor or a quack? Because I recall you telling me that she was healthy when she was born!" An enraged young woman said to her young husband who was holding their 1 year old baby girl. "Lillian please you’re shouting so loudly the neighbors can hear you again; please let me explain what has happened." The young man said as he set down their daughter in her crib that was nearby. The man and woman were standing a large master bedroom that had dark cherry oak wood paneling, a cement ceiling that was painted a light pink color. Along the walls there were pictures of the woman and man who were smiling happily in each one, the man and woman were standing in front of a fireplace that the man had built for them to use on cold winter nights; the fireplace had white paneling and inside the paneling were roses as well as foxes chasing after them. Near the fireplace was a large canopy bed, the bed frame was made out of the same dark cherry oak wood paneling as the walls. “Well, Rod how do you expect me to react to this whole situation? I just found out my daughter, Serenity, is blind as a bat, and god only knows how well she’ll grow up in this world.” Lillian said as she felt hot tears fall from her eyes and on to her cheeks. Rod walked over to her and hugged her; “everything will work out this is what I can assure you.” He said in a whisper as he held her close. “The blindness just happened and I am going to find out what caused this; even if it costs me my last breath.” Rod said in a whisper still.

Edited by SerenityHamster, 20 March 2012 - 01:08 AM.

#2 emilystar

emilystar

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:48 AM

That's good :)

#3 Elyse

Elyse

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:02 AM

I'll post more later when I'm not so wrapped up in finishing it.