Photo

Tubes - for CCL

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#16 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,348 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

Hehe that's so cute Zoe! Thank you! :)

#17 Elyse

Elyse

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

Wow, this has been a great thread on giving me ideas on creating a second bin cage; hm, now how to make a hole without destroying everything.... :scratchchin:

#18 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,348 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:58 PM

Try a heated exacto blade. :) The heat helps it melt the plastic. Also, trace around your circle with the blade a few times to create a deep ridge for the blade to settle in, this way it won't slide around and risk slipping and cutting other bits. It takes time and patience to do it right (I think it took me 4-5 hours to cut a single hole), but there were no scratches or cracked chips around it because of this. Hope this helps!

#19 Elyse

Elyse

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:30 AM

Thank you for the tips HH.

#20 CaliforniaCole

CaliforniaCole

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:48 AM

Try a heated exacto blade. :) The heat helps it melt the plastic. Also, trace around your circle with the blade a few times to create a deep ridge for the blade to settle in, this way it won't slide around and risk slipping and cutting other bits. It takes time and patience to do it right (I think it took me 4-5 hours to cut a single hole), but there were no scratches or cracked chips around it because of this. Hope this helps!

4-5 hours!!! :pullinghair: :pullinghair: :pullinghair: :mindblowing: :mindblowing: :mindblowing:

I thought it would take 45 minutes the most. :duh:

#21 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,348 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:23 AM

^That's how long it takes most people. Lol. But for me it takes 4-5 hours. :tongue: Not sure what my problem is!!!

#22 CaliforniaCole

CaliforniaCole

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

^That's how long it takes most people. Lol. But for me it takes 4-5 hours. Posted Image Not sure what my problem is!!!

Quick question... are the SAM tube connector rings like the puzzle playground connector? is the little bumps on the ends of SAM connectors the same size as the bumps on the Puzzle playground connectors or are they smaller?

im talking about this:

Posted Image

Edited by CanineCavyLover, 26 April 2012 - 01:52 PM.

#23 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,348 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:30 AM

Nope! They are a bit smaller and flatter, not so glommy. However, SAM tubes still fit in the PP playground connector. The inner circumfrance is about the same, but it's a thinner connector piece. :)

Posted Image

#24 CaliforniaCole

CaliforniaCole

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

Nope! They are a bit smaller and flatter, not so glommy. However, SAM tubes still fit in the PP playground connector. The inner circumfrance is about the same, but it's a thinner connector piece. Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh ok. The sam tube connector will fall all the way through were as they PP connector won't. :) Good thing I did buy the PP pieces then. Lol it would have been a pain. :P