Photo

Tubes - for CCL

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,344 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:01 AM

Ok, CanineCavyLover needed some footage showing SAM tubes versus OVO tubes, so here is randomness for him. Everyone else will probably be like, "Huh?" :laughing: Oh, and CCL, I am SO sorry I thought I recorded me taking on/off the OVO connector from the SAM tube, but apparently that was when I was practicing and not actually recording. But I promise it did come on/off easy enough and it also twisted to lock. :)

Also, please don't mock how long it actually took me to get that darn tube apart! :fryingpan: It's REALLY tricky! The way it is shaped, it's sort of like an arrow that goes in something, but can't come out easily!

#2 MilkyFactory

MilkyFactory

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

The OVO is much better imo.
The way it's larger in the center gives the ham more space.

#3 princesshamster

princesshamster

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

Nice! :D I agree with MilkyFactory also. :)

#4 emilystar

emilystar

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

This is a really good comparing video! It really helped me so thank you :)

#5 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,344 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

Yeah, the OVO are very roomy, as you mentioned. :yes: However, CCL is planning on stacking two bins and having a tube go sort of vertical, so the OVO *might* be slightly harder to scale, especially for an elderly ham. Here are some ideas I had taken photos of for him to get ideas for tube arrangements:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
^Just to show size difference.

#6 Christmas_hamster

Christmas_hamster

Super Hero Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 21,332 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:49 PM

You can get those Sam tubes a part? You're like a god or something with almighty powers. I have never for the life of me been able to get them a part, I started to think you couldn't, haha.

Most of my Syrians could fit nicely in thew SAM/old HT tubes, but there were a couple that would have benefited from the Ovo tubes had they been around then.

#7 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,344 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

You can get those Sam tubes a part? You're like a god or something with almighty powers. I have never for the life of me been able to get them a part, I started to think you couldn't, haha.

Rotfl! Yeah, but did you notice how long it took for them to come apart? :cheeky: And when I had one side undone and went to do the other, it just closed the first part again. URGH hehehe. They are a pain for sure!

#8 CaliforniaCole

CaliforniaCole

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:24 AM

Thanks HH :)

Ovo tubes are definitely much better. To bad they don't come in curves like SAM tubes :( I have a feeling its gonna be a pain dealing with cleaning those tubes... But I'll only be cleaning once a month. Azayles deals with all of those tubes so I don't think cleaning 3 SAM tubes monthly will be too much of a pain :P

Were they hard putting back together? (SAM tubes) Or was it easier to put them back together vs taking them apart?

Edited by CanineCavyLover, 19 March 2012 - 04:25 AM.

#9 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,344 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:35 AM

It's far easier putting them back together rather then taking apart. :tongue:

#10 Christmas_hamster

Christmas_hamster

Super Hero Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 21,332 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:37 AM

As for cleaning, that's the real reason why bottle brushes were invented. ;)

#11 Elyse

Elyse

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:23 PM

Wow, this is a great topic for people who need help on getting ideas on how to attach tubes to a bin cage or cage in general.

#12 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,344 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:53 AM

Ok, here is another photo CCL asked for. This is with 2 curve tubes (each one measures 7.5 inches) and 1 straight, 4 inch tube. The bin was roughly 12 inches high, just so you can get an idea. :)

Posted Image

#13 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,344 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:51 AM

CCL, here is what I was explaining to you on using the Puzzle Playground to barricade the tube entrance so the shavings don't fall down every time your hamster goes up and down the tunnel. :) Hope this helps you and anyone else watching! It's useful for double-decker bin cages.

#14 princesshamster

princesshamster

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:11 PM

Ohh that's a cool way to lead hammies up to the next cage! :D

#15 Zoe's Zoo

Zoe's Zoo

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

Hannah, whenever I see your set up I want to run out and buy tons of habitrails. So pretty and great pics/vids!