Photo

I'm getting double posts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 dudley_doo!

dudley_doo!

Baby Hamster

• 19 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:44 PM

Hey everyone! I'm new here so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and hope someone can help. I've noticed when I comment on people's status I get a double post... I checked my settings last night and I haven't found any way to stop it other than going back to delete one of the posts. I'm also noticing it happens to other people's updates too. Is that something common with HH or do I have something set wrong? Thanks for any help!

#2 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,380 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:14 AM

Hi! Yes, this seems to be a problem with a few members here. (Well, I don't mean that the MEMBERS are the problem, just the double posting. :laughing: )

Can you give a little info on what browser you are using please? Also, do you make posts on your phone, or are you always on your computer?

#3 dudley_doo!

dudley_doo!

Baby Hamster

• 19 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:23 AM

I always use my laptop when I come to the site. And I'm using IE9 most of the time, but I also have Mozilla installed. Next time I update my status I'll use the other browser and see what it does....

#4 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,380 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:25 AM

Ok, please try Mozilla and report back if it still gives problems. I'm also going to contact the other member and ask her also. Thank you!

EDIT: Ok, so after talking with someone else who is also using the latest version of IE, it seems that is the problem. So, I would suggest using Firefox if you don't want to deal with it? :) Maybe it's a forum problem....not sure. I'm really not good with these sort of things.

#5 Azayles

Azayles

Samurai Ham

• Members
  • 8,541 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:33 AM

Sometimes if you navigate with the back and forward page buttons, the message you type out for either status updates, comments of thread posts will post again.
With status updates particularly, it's important to wait until the tiny "loading" banner disappears once you click the blue post button or hit the enter key. If your computer or network connection lags and you hit the key twice, it can post twice, and sometimes even more than that.

The status updates are a relatively new feature of Invision Power Board (the engine that drives this forum) so there might be bugs in the system still.

#6 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,380 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:56 AM

I'm noticing this happening more and more today, with various members, and it's really quite annoying. I think the problem *must* be IE. :/

#7 dudley_doo!

dudley_doo!

Baby Hamster

• 19 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:56 AM

Thanks for clearing it up for me y'all! I'll keep this in mind for future reference!