Photo

How was your senior prom?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 VanillaTea

VanillaTea

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:02 AM

I obviously haven't been to one yet (I am thirteen). But if you did, how was it? (:

#2 emilystar

emilystar

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:32 AM

Not sure, going to mine next year :)

#3 Christmas_hamster

Christmas_hamster

Super Hero Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 21,332 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:33 AM

Well the place where our was hosted hates teenagers and put no effort into our meal/set up. Tickets were $90 and we were not pleased about that. We waited for 2 hours before the dinner was served, it wasn't very good to boot. When the music finally came on it got fun -- the best part for me. Too bad that only lasted an hour before they kicked us all out. Then I went home because most of my friends had made plans to go to Niagara falls without me and the rest failed to tell me about a party they were going too. So it was expensive, ill-planned and sort of a bummer when it came to me realizing how much my 'friends' cared. Besides my bad experiences, most of my friends all agreed that they best part was hanging out with each other after prom, even those who weren't drinking. A couple of my friends didn't even go to the prom and just went to one of the after-parties. :P

#4 VanillaTea

VanillaTea

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:44 AM

Well the place where our was hosted hates teenagers and put no effort into our meal/set up. Tickets were $90 and we were not pleased about that. We waited for 2 hours before the dinner was served, it wasn't very good to boot. When the music finally came on it got fun -- the best part for me. Too bad that only lasted an hour before they kicked us all out. Then I went home because most of my friends had made plans to go to Niagara falls without me and the rest failed to tell me about a party they were going too. So it was expensive, ill-planned and sort of a bummer when it came to me realizing how much my 'friends' cared. Besides my bad experiences, most of my friends all agreed that they best part was hanging out with each other after prom, even those who weren't drinking. A couple of my friends didn't even go to the prom and just went to one of the after-parties. :P

Oh that sucks. :c
It proves that even prom, isn't always perfect.

#5 SouthPaw

SouthPaw

I AM smarter than a 5th grader !

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 5,812 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:46 AM

I didn't go to prom and I have no regrets about that ;D

#6 Elyse

Elyse

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

The closest thing I got to a prom was Snowball (a winter dance) and I had to beg my mother to go at the time; it wasn't anything special and it was pretty boring for the most part. After going to Snowball I never really cared or bothered to go to my Junior or Senior prom; a friend wanted me to go but my mom told me no and everyone would think I'm a lesbian because I was at the prom with a female friend. Even though she told me no I wasn't planning on going anyway; to me they are overrated, not really worth the hype, and price.

Edited by SerenityHamster, 11 March 2012 - 12:14 PM.

#7 emilystar

emilystar

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

That's true prom at my school this year is $80.

#8 Lillias

Lillias

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

I didn't go to prom. Got asked by two guys, turned down both for valid reasons. I went to Winter Ball with a female friend. No one thought we were lesbians, not that I cared. She went to a different school, so I had to go as her date to be able to go. I went to Homecoming at my school. Overall, school dances are overpriced and kind of boring. It's dark and crowded and noisy. The schools here don't serve food or drinks. It's just water, so you have to go out to eat beforehand. Prom can be fun if you have good friends to hang out with, but it's not some suddenly magical night.

#9 duckjustice

duckjustice

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,631 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:00 PM

I'm English so we had a prom when we finished school at 16 then a ball for the people who stayed on at school, when we were like 18.
I didn't go to the prom because I went on holiday instead, but from what I heard it was alright but pretty lame.

I did go to my 6th form ball though which was awesome, not that many people stayed on at my school so we were all pretty close and with the teachers that came too (I miss having classes of 5 now I'm at uni!).
And yeah, it was fun seeing everyone dressed up and stuff. And then a load of people went off clubbing before it ended but those of us who didn't had a great time for the last few dances.
Also I bought way to many of the photos :p

But it was a bit weird that on the Monday after we were going back to school for the last week or so after we'd had a big farewell happening.

I'm actually going to a ball on Friday with like all the science societies from university.

Also if anyone's British and watches Big Fat Gypsiy Weddings.... that girl going to prom in that ridiculous dress? That was my school :undecided:

#10 Lucas

Lucas

Ninja Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 7,473 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:07 AM

My school didn't do that. We had graduation. So, a supper, a dance and then after-grad. It was all ridiculous. I have no good memories of that place whatsoever...
All my best friends go to other schools, so it's like. Ugh. I spent my day with people I hate now...because after high school it's like people change.
Plus I took my ex to grad....so it's like. Yeah. So those are my memories.

#11 princesshamster

princesshamster

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:23 AM

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL PROM!

For my school you can go as early as you want as long as a Senior invited you. I think this one guy invited his little like 14 year old sister because he didn't have a date. :P I only have to wait 8 mores years until MY prom though. :D :party:

I guess the closest thing I've had to prom yet was the Mardi Gras dances. This took place last Friday night.

#12 Genevie

Genevie

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:56 AM

Princess, you're so much younger than I thought! So mature for your age :)

We don't have prom in the UK, I went to my year 11 leavers party when I was 16 though. It was terrible. There was a ceremony beforehand, where people were supposed to be awarded different things.. I was originally voted Most Hated Person (no lie!) which would have been kinda funny I guess, but one teacher got upset about being voted Most Hated Teacher, so they called the whole thing off. Instead we watched people sing badly and got our yearbooks handed out to us. Which were also awful, and basically a photo album of the people on the prom committee. Then my best friend left to go meet her boyfriend, and only one of my friends was there at the party with me. Which was in a very cramped student bar. It was just awkward, the dancing was gross and some girl who tried to kill me (and her friend who threatened to do so just before the party!) were drunk and trying to act friendly with me :/ I guess in a way it was funny, but not worth the £20 I paid. I never wanted to go in the first place!

Our year 13 leavers party is this year, we're having it on a boat. I guess it will be pretty funny, like the last, and at least there'll be alcohol at this one.. but yeah not particularly looking forward to it. And I'm not paying more than £20 (like $30) to go haha.

#13 Christmas_hamster

Christmas_hamster

Super Hero Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 21,332 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:22 AM

Why does everyone make having a date such a big deal? Most people only had dates at my prom if they were dating that person. Some people were worried about it at first until they remembered that they weren't in a tv show. :P

#14 Genevie

Genevie

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:29 AM

I guess that's the good part of not having the prom traditions in the UK. No one was fussed about dates :) or maybe that was a bad thing, people were being way too promiscuous.....

#15 ILYx3

ILYx3

Baby Hamster

• 21 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:33 AM

I didnt go to my year 10 prom. Not alot of people in my grade went to the prom anyway. And i have no regret also. Wasnt intrested anyway. (: