Photo

Hong Ki The CT Betta

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Aluyasha

Aluyasha

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:39 PM

Today I was in the pet section of walmart (I know, I know. I was there to buy cat litter). I have owned many Bettas in the past and missed having one so I have been thinking about getting one for a while now. Anyhow I came across this guy!
His name is Hong Ki, named after the lead singer of a Korean band F.T. Island. I usually do not like to name my animals after people but I just could not get his name out of my head when I was trying to think of a name for my new Betta, so that is his name. lol
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
As you can see his fins are badly curled. It sometimes happens with bad water quality and bad genes.
I will post more pictures tomorrow. :)

#2 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,346 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

He is gorgeous!!! Exactly like I pictured him and the name definitely suits him. :thumbsup:

#3 Aluyasha

Aluyasha

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

Thanks. :)
I have had many different colored Bettas with different tail types but this time I was looking for a common looking Betta with a little something unique. And I found him. lol
He is still somewhat reserved, but he is still active. He likes starting at my Platies in the tank next to his. :)

#4 MilkyFactory

MilkyFactory

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

he's got some nice colors on him!
It's a shame about his fins though.
Congrats anyway, bettas are such fun, I love mine SO much.

#5 Christmas_hamster

Christmas_hamster

Super Hero Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 21,332 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:25 PM

Oh he is just a little stunner. He sure is lucky to have found such a great home!

#6 emilystar

emilystar

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:28 AM

He's definitively pretty :)

#7 Aluyasha

Aluyasha

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:07 AM

More Pictures!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And one of a bumblebee platy fry I have (not in Hong Ki's tank)...so cute that I had to add it. lol

Posted Image

#8 emilystar

emilystar

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

Aww the platy fry is cute :) Never thought I would call a fish cute lol. By the way I love your tank. It looks very natural and spacious. Much better than the tiny cups they're kept in at the store :)

#9 Aluyasha

Aluyasha

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:14 PM

Aww the platy fry is cute :) Never thought I would call a fish cute lol. By the way I love your tank. It looks very natural and spacious. Much better than the tiny cups they're kept in at the store :)

Thank you. :)
I have a 50g tank for my goldfish, a 29g cycling, a 14g platy tank, and Hong Ki is in a 1g. I usually have at least 2.5g for my bettas but I am just trying this one out first, some bettas like the 1g. I change the water often and do not have it cluttered so there is alot of room in there for him, he likes watching the platies in the tank next to him. lol

#10 Aluyasha

Aluyasha

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:30 PM

Just took some more pictures of Hong Ki. I went to turn off his light for the night and when I walked over to his tank he started furiously flaring at me! lol

I think he is already changing colors, these new photos I noticed he is losing the blue/teal in his fins and getting more red. :)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 princesshamster

princesshamster

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:39 AM

How come I didn't see this until now!? 8O Anyway, he's adorable! Congrats on your now new-ish adoption! :D