Photo

Some Art!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 miss_tuneful

miss_tuneful

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:31 PM

Sooo... I used to be quite active on this board some years ago, and posted art every now and then. Mostly my little ponies. (maybe some of you remember me)
Lol, unfortunately (or fortunately, as it's work in some way) that's still what people ask me to draw, so I still draw a lot of ponies.

But! I wanted to share some other art, as well. Nothing hammy-related in ages, though.
I started an art project a while back that noone really responded to, but maybe I can have some luck with reviving it here. anyway, that'll come later on in this post :)

I wanted to start with a piece I finished today,
a Big-Footed Cherrivore (my own "invention") That I made for a contest at deviantArt. If you have a page, and want to vote, I'd appreciate it very much! please klick this link: *klicky!*
Posted Image

Apart from that, the last 2 weeks, I've been trying to do some digital speedpaints to get better at capturing lightings and settings etc.
Here are some of them (newest to oldest)

25 min, Vashj'ir (for WoW players ;) )
Posted Image

1h, Sherlock
Posted Image

10 min, Letisha (also WoW)
Posted Image

2 hrs, Bällsta (a train station outside of Stockholm, to where I commute to work when I work at the daycare)
Posted Image

2½ hours (my first speedpaint in this series. I thought that was quick :P Compare with my newest of 25 min!) , Weathercock. Inspired by Jethro Tull.
Posted Image

And my first ever speedpaint, in PS. 4½ hours, Tauren druid & windrider cub. (more WoW art) never mind the bg, it's horrible xD
Posted Image

Now I'm afraid, I'll have to post a pony or two :P
2½x3½ inches, Lyra&BonBon (art trade)
Posted Image

15 minutes' study of a dragon-ish creature (my design)
Posted Image

"Equulibriconicus" (commission) aquarelles
Posted Image

"skullopus" (trade) aquarelles
Posted Image

for last year's Valentine's day (but very much belated), for my boyfriend. (more WoW! He's the Tauren, I'm the gnome. cpt. Obvious has spoken ^^ )
Posted Image

AND THE HAMSTER!
Sten-Jörgen. (a kind of tribute to my first hamster who died about three years ago)

This is an image I'd like to send all around the world as an art project. If you'd like to participate, drop me a line!
What I want to do is send a paper copy of him to people, who take a picture of themselves along with Jörgen and emails it to an adress you will recieve together with Jörgen :)
Unfortunately, I got very little response. I sent out 15-20 Jörgens, but recieved one or two answers... *sigh*
Posted Image

Ahwell. Thanks for looking ^^

#2 Imi&Cinni

Imi&Cinni

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 925 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:36 PM

I LOVE the hamster!! :)

#3 MilkyFactory

MilkyFactory

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:39 PM

You have a very unique style, stunning!
Your art is very soft and pretty, I'm a fan and I cant wait to know what your project is!

#4 Chocolate Hamsters

Chocolate Hamsters

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:21 AM

They're divine. Your very talented, give yourself a pat on the back miss-tuneful!
:slaphappy:

#5 princesshamster

princesshamster

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:52 AM

You're an amazing drawer! There are really great. :yes: I really like the pony one! :D

#6 LeeLee

LeeLee

Baby Hamster

• 42 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:14 AM

Love the WoW art! :D

#7 miss_tuneful

miss_tuneful

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:46 AM

Aaaw thanks everyone!

someone asked what the project is, and it's, as its ays above the hamster:

Sten-Jörgen. (a kind of tribute to my first hamster who died about three years ago)

This is an image I'd like to send all around the world as an art project. If you'd like to participate, drop me a line!
What I want to do is send a paper copy of him to people, who take a picture of themselves along with Jörgen and emails it to an adress you will recieve together with Jörgen :)
Unfortunately, I got very little response. I sent out 15-20 Jörgens, but recieved one or two answers... *sigh*

:)

I ahven't quite re-started it yet, but perhaps I will, here, if people are interested :)

I just noticed the pics are HUGE. awfully sorry D:

If anyone wants to follow me on Tumblr or dA, the links are in my sig ^^

And sorry, this just made me snicker :D

You're an amazing drawer! There are really great. :yes: I really like the pony one! :D

Tee-hee,I'm a drawer :propeller:
Posted Image

#8 MilkyFactory

MilkyFactory

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:07 AM

I wouldn't mind taking a picture of myself with the hammy. :)
I think it's a fun project but most people might not care because there is no specific reason to do this...

I remember on a rabbit website I go to, there was this project with a bunny plush toy that lasted a year.
The idea was to have the plush toy travel around the world, and collect pictures of it for the users to see.
So there was a huge list written down of all the people participating and what city they lived in.
The first person would recieve the plush toy at the begining of the year, take a picture of it (with or without themselves) in a place that is typical of where they live,
then send the plush toy around to the next person on the list, and post their picture on a thread made for that purpose on the website.
So you would see the bunny in japan, france, usa, england, australia, thailand, everywhere!
Some pictures were really stunning.
And at the end of the year the plush toy went back to it's original owner. :)

With a meaning to the project like this I'm sure your idea would be very successful.

Edited by MilkyFactory, 13 February 2012 - 02:08 AM.

#9 miss_tuneful

miss_tuneful

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:09 AM

We'll see if I can get this going again, then ^^

I wanted to have Sten-Jörgen "take over the world", and exhibit it. (I guess that's why people jumped off. They signed up, sent me addies, got the hamster, but never sent any pictures back)
I just think, also, that i turned to the wrong forum. I need people who are artists, and who can relate to that kind of thinking.

Part 2 is when you get the hamster, you may take as many copies of him (+ instruction) as you like and send him on to friends, relatives etc.

And, everntually, after getting a lot of people "Jörgening", send him to the head of state of different places. I wouldn't get a response, of course, but everyone should have a hamster ;)

I'm thinking of launching a v 2.0, where you instead of email a pic to me, you upload it to a Jörgen project Tumblr. Just throwing ideas around, lol, I should stop rambling xD

#10 MilkyFactory

MilkyFactory

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:33 AM

isn't sending it to head os states taking it a bit far?
I mean its your project, but it seems a bit extreme to me.

#11 miss_tuneful

miss_tuneful

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:20 AM

The only thing I have to lose is the 12 SEK (about €1.20) for international postage (6 SEK for domestic), so I can say - why not? It wouldn't harm anyone to recieve a small paper hamster, anyway.
Art projects are art projects. I don't expect anything back from them.

And I'd only do that if I got huge response, and got the egallery/tumblr going with lots of followers. It probably ain't gonna happen anymore, but it was the original idea.

#12 bobthealien

bobthealien

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:08 AM

i was just in vashj'ir looking for the rare spawn poseidus today =)
i absolutely LOVE the WoW art and i think the hamster was OK too...