Photo

All things Kandinsky

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
73 replies to this topic

#31 Elyse

Elyse

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:58 AM

Such cute pictures and like everyone has said he does look really happy.

#32 skywilling

skywilling

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:22 AM

More pictures. We'be been playing together more lately.
He's out of the big tank now, because of problems with ants. He's in a smaller than recommendation bin, which I perforated the mesh top so the big wheel fits. Also he's back in kitty litter because the sand smells awful and I don't want to and can't clean it again right now (rainy days, too much work). Still figuring out our next steps.

He's healthy and sweet though, and here are the pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#33 emilystar

emilystar

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:46 AM

Posted Image

That is seriously an awesome picture! The second I put Poptart on her back she freaks out and turns back over.

#34 princesshamster

princesshamster

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:41 AM

I love the one where he's on his back! :heartbeat: :D

#35 cyinmin

cyinmin

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

Awww he's grown so big now :)

#36 Selina_chan

Selina_chan

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

:) he's beautiful!

#37 PinkPumpkinGirl

PinkPumpkinGirl

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:29 AM

Too cute! He sure has grown. I wish they could stay small forever! Posted Image

#38 skywilling

skywilling

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:25 AM

So little time for HH! :~
But here are some pics from this week:

Posted Image

Oh so comfy on mah new food bowl mommy.

Posted Image

Hey, what'cha doin'?

Posted Image

Yes, on me food bowl all da time.

Posted Image

Kandinsky being my sister's toy, lol. He just stood there for a whole minute embracing the froggy, hahahah!

Posted Image

Hold on, I got this! *climbs on top of black lamb plushie* Too bad he moved too much on top of it for clear pictures. :(

Miss you guys!

#39 Spangoid

Spangoid

Popstar Ham

• Members
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:27 AM

I LOVE the froggy photo! Sooo adorable!

#40 Elyse

Elyse

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:33 AM

Aww, these pictures are adorable!

#41 PinkPumpkinGirl

PinkPumpkinGirl

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:58 AM

Love the pic of him on the sheep! Priceless!

#42 skywilling

skywilling

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:13 AM

I just wrote a huge post here (like huge, huge) and it disappeared. TEARS; :(

But I'll write again because nothing can beat how THRILLED I am with my news.

Not much has happened lately in Kandinsky's life, except that he's developed the habit of using his wheel (the amazing wooden one Lottie kindly gave me) as a bathroom. I know, outrageous. I doom this unsafe because one, it could mold, and two, I have to wash it, and washing wood is not that good. I mean, when I say amazing, I really mean AMAZING. This wheel has endured some serious abuse on our (me and K's) part. I have thoroughly washed (brushing with dishwasher soap) this wheel at least 6 times and it's still strong and beautiful. Of course the white glue coat I made before putting it to use has totally vanished, but other than that (and a slight fold in the outer wooden sheet that goes around the wheel), it's still wonderful.
And, as I have told some of you, the sand now stinks unbearably.... after 5 (almost 6) of being used, with the only cleaning being a careful sifting every two weeks, now the pee shows up pretty bad. The sifting removes food residue and poop, but still absorbs foul smells of everyday. And, I suspect, some serious dust (I live in the beach, and there are a bunch of 20 story high buildings being built in my street, so in a country where windows are always open wide, LOTS of dust).

So, as some of you heard, mommy went to England two weeks ago, and while there, she met Chris and Amy (Azayles and Shadow10), and they both have helped me get some hamster stuff out of this trip. I made a purchase in the Rabbit Hutch Shop (which Amy recommended because they have a good variety of wooden and natural supplies), and sent them over to Chris so he could pass the stuff to my mom. Mother arrived last night, and I am OH-SO-HAPPY-MANY-TEARS-OF-JOY with everything I got. I mean, seriously, every single item is so perfect! I couldn't even resist showing them to Kandi last night!

Posted Image
(see the wooden plate with his name? i randomly met an artist making them in the street last time I went to see my boyfriend's, and I had him made this right in the spot, I love it, and it was so cheap (3 dollars - though I have him 6 because being an artist myself, ... you know ----- this is Kandi's first time seeing hay, and boy did he love it? he just nibbled and nibbled and nibbled! -the tube is hay-).

First of all, I got a Silent Spinner, which is like the most amazing thing ever invented! You have no idea how happy I am with this because you don't live in Brazil where all hamster wheels suck. XD So now Kandi can pee all he wants in his wheel, as the silent spinner is totally washable. HAPPY? You bet! If he stops doing this, I might give him the Karlie Wonderland back. But still, this is amazing, because the size (I got medium) is a bit smaller than the other one, and now it fits under the extra level of the tank, which means I end up with more space to put toys! :D

Also, I have two hours ago thrown away all of the icky sand, vacuumed the tank, scrubbed it with vinegar, and put pine shavings in. I'm disappointed at myself for giving Kandi pine, but I see no better alternative, so... sorry Kandi love, I failed you. :( I did sifted all of the shavings through a thick sifter, which I guess is the best I could do.

Posted Image
(in this picture, Kandi is hidden underneath the wood, going crazy, haha. ----- the box with the flag of england is the box from a coin bank which mom got me ----- you can also see the new food bowl I got him to substitute the ipod case i was using before -lol-, I think this was supposed to be one of those little plates for dipping chips or something, but it was a nice size and ceramic)

Posted Image
(Kandinsky's sweet little curious face)

Posted Image
(another huge change that happened today is now he has a new brand of food. when I went to the store to buy the pine - a very far away store, but which holds the softest pine shavings - I saw this brand of food mix I've never seen before... looks much better than what I've had so far, the pellets are smaller, there wasn't as much dust inside, and the quality of the sunflower seeds is remarkably better than what I've seen so far *not counting bird food ----- in this picture, my ALSO NEW food containers with treats -milk bones, hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds-, the new mix - i added millet to it-, and the hamster specific pellet food which all my hamsters despise)

And finally, after a long, long upload (my internet is really bad lately), a video of Kandinsky meeting wood for the very first time! (hope this works?)

#43 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,384 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:56 AM

He is soooo sweet burrowing then he comes up with shavings on his head, has winky eyes, and shakes himself off! :lovestruck: Aww Kandinsky, we missed you so much! I can't even get over how cute he has become.

Also, your mom is just so lucky to have gone to London. That is all. :tongue: Hmph.

#44 Spangoid

Spangoid

Popstar Ham

• Members
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

Aww, Kandi your adorable!

#45 pinkbamboo

pinkbamboo

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 919 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

I wish I have gotten hazie when he was that tiny. That is just so precious.