Photo

Quote Book

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Creative Hamster

Creative Hamster

Popstar Ham

• Members
  • 4,548 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:37 AM

I got the idea from a friend who always has this little book with her, and whenever she's angry or sad, she'd make up these quotes and write it down to release her feelings and look back at it to keep going in life. Everyone can add their quotes here, and look back at them here. Here's some I found:
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal."
"A friend is someone with whom you dare to be yourself"

#2 duckjustice

duckjustice

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,631 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:52 PM

I love quotes :shy:
A recent favourite is:
"Where we love is truly home; home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts."

also if you're ever feeling lost and down and stuff you should read Oh, the Places You'll Go by Dr Seuss. Not a quote, but this reminded me of it for some reason :p

#3 PinkPumpkinGirl

PinkPumpkinGirl

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:43 PM

Great idea! I also love quotes! Is this song lyrics too?
Here's one I admire:

"So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day. Will you do something for me, please? Just picture your life for me? 30 years from now, 40 years from now? What's it look like? If it's with him, go. Go! I lost you once, I think I can do it again. If I thought that's what you really wanted. But don't you take the easy way out."
-The Notebook

#4 Creative Hamster

Creative Hamster

Popstar Ham

• Members
  • 4,548 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:45 AM

Great idea! I also love quotes! Is this song lyrics too?
Here's one I admire:

"So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day. Will you do something for me, please? Just picture your life for me? 30 years from now, 40 years from now? What's it look like? If it's with him, go. Go! I lost you once, I think I can do it again. If I thought that's what you really wanted. But don't you take the easy way out."
-The Notebook

Yes, lyrics are fine too. :)

Here are a few quotes:
Anger is one letter short of danger. ~Author Unknown

If you love something let it go,
If it comes back to you it's yours,
If it doesn't, it was never meant to be.

Posted Image

Edited by Creative Hamster, 28 January 2012 - 04:56 AM.

#5 Dingdong516

Dingdong516

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:31 AM

I agree, this is a really nice idea!
Here's my favorite quote, I'm sure most of you have heard it before: "To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." :)

#6 princesshamster

princesshamster

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:35 AM

I don't really have any good ones, but this is a really cool idea!

Oh I do have one:

"A friend in need is a friend indeed!"

#7 Creative Hamster

Creative Hamster

Popstar Ham

• Members
  • 4,548 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:35 AM

Thanks for adding more! :D
Any life truly lived is a risky business, and if one puts up too many fences against the risks one ends by shutting out life itself.
~Kenneth S. Davis
Do not be too timid and squeamish. ... All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make, the better.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
There's no such thing as a sure thing. That's why they call it gambling.
- Neil Simon
Who understands much, forgives much
- Madame de Stael
]Life is just a series of trying to make up your mind.
- Timothy Fuller
Where there is love, there is pain.
- Spanish proverb
No love, no friendship can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever.
- Francois Mauriac
Memory is the diary that we all carry about with us.
- Oscar Wilde
Posted Image
Posted Image
:heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

Edited by Creative Hamster, 29 January 2012 - 05:45 AM.

#8 AccioGuitar

AccioGuitar

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:28 AM

"Happiness begins where selfishness ends." -John Wooden

"Common sense is not so common." -Don't know the author. It's buried somewhere in my binder.

#9 Creative Hamster

Creative Hamster

Popstar Ham

• Members
  • 4,548 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:39 AM

Yours is the energy that makes your world. There are no limitations to the self except those you believe in. ~Jane Roberts

I wish I could show you, When you are lonely or in darkness, The astonishing light of your own being. ~Hafiz

To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself. ~Thich Nhat Hanh
Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within. ~Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid. ~Albert Einstein

Hate is easy; Love takes courage

Edited by Creative Hamster, 05 June 2012 - 06:45 AM.