Photo

REALLY Awkward Question!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 Rocco160

Rocco160

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:55 AM

Ok, so this started around the middle of June (I know I should tell my mom REALLY soon, I will!) But..... Ummmm....... Let's just say my private parts hurt. And it's the not all the time either, just at random times. Most of the time it's nothing, but sometimes it burns! Most of the time it only hurts in school. There's no blood in my pee what so ever, so what could this be?

#2 GangstaGirl

GangstaGirl

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:17 AM

hm, could it possibly be a yeast infection? I would tell your mom as soon as possible. They make medication for intense burning in 'that area', and I'm sure if you told her, she would get you some :)

#3 yuki34543

yuki34543

Baby Hamster

• 21 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:39 AM

I can sort of give you an idea, but please, don't take my word See a doctor!

It could be a yeast infection. I'll be honest, I've had them before, and they do burn and hurt and it is not fun (they can also itch like crazy). The best thing to do is tell your mom and see a doctor. ^^

It could also be a condition known as Vulvodynia it is apparently pain and burning in the private area, which an be pain all across your private area or in one place, it can be painful all the time, or it can be painful sometimes and it can come suddenly and leave suddenly. It can be really irritating when your sitting (which I can imagine you do a lot of in school) If you want to know more here is the website i got the information from
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vulvodynia/DS00159

Edited by yuki34543, 06 January 2012 - 10:45 AM.

#4 Rocco160

Rocco160

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:14 AM

Ok thanks (: I'll tell her really soon (When I work up the nerve xD) Is that condition Vulvodynia serious or could I wait a couple of a weeks to tell my mom? I'm super shy about this things, but when I work up the nerve I CAN bring up these topics to her, but it might take a couple of weeks.

#5 yuki34543

yuki34543

Baby Hamster

• 21 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:24 AM

I'm not sure if its serous, but you REALLY should see a doctor. Please don't put this off any longer.

#6 Rocco160

Rocco160

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:25 AM

Ok, I'll tell her in a couple of days.

#7 GangstaGirl

GangstaGirl

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:28 AM

Ok thanks (: I'll tell her really soon (When I work up the nerve xD) Is that condition Vulvodynia serious or could I wait a couple of a weeks to tell my mom? I'm super shy about this things, but when I work up the nerve I CAN bring up these topics to her, but it might take a couple of weeks.

You don't need to be shy about it! She's your mom and she cares about what is happening in your life. I'll bet she would love to help you if she knew what was going on, and she'd be totally understanding. She may even have had this same experience! Why live with this problem any longer if you don't have to? You could even write a note if that work better for you. :hug:

#8 Rocco160

Rocco160

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:31 AM

Thanks (: Even then I might have to wait a week or two lol I'm pretty sure it's a Yeast Infection since it doesn't make sitting down that bad, not any worse than normal.

What gets rid of the pain is drinking a lot of water, what does this mean? It goes a way for a long time (Like 6 hours) if I drink like a whole waterbottle. Will this require going to a docter or just going to like a phyarmecy? Either one is fine, just wondering (:

#9 Amaryllis

Amaryllis

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 847 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:14 PM

There's quite a few things that can cause v. pain or discomfort. It's something you should speak to your mother about right away, despite how embarrassing it may feel, even if you think it is just a yeast infection. Sometimes things that seem like no big deal can lead to much more serious problems if left untreated. Especially since this has been going on for six months now!

#10 GangstaGirl

GangstaGirl

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:40 PM

Emily is right. I don't think you can wait much longer, especially for weeks! Just come out and tell her. She will understand! :D

#11 Rachel_Morgan

Rachel_Morgan

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

That actually reminds me of a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) more than a yeast or reproductive tract infection. The water drinking just made it sound even more like that, as it helps somewhat. Cranberry juice is also good for helping with a UTI. BUT - you still need to see a doctor. Bad UTIs need antibiotic treatment, and with it having been left so long, it is wiser (and it would be much less uncomfortable!) to tell you mom and see a doctor. Neither yeast infections OR UTIs are any fun - I had 8 UTIs back to back a few years back. Nothing worse than feeling like your peeing fire and then, even after, having it burnnnnn. I drove everyone nuts because I was constantly pacing until the meds kicked in and knocked it down a few notches!

It can be embarrassing talking with a parent about this sort of thing - I just made sure to tell her about my issues when Dad wasn't around. It's become a game between us to discuss buying pads in hushed voices while he gets distracted by everything in the grocery store. ;)

-Rachel & The Zoo.

#12 Rocco160

Rocco160

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:39 AM

Ok, I will try and tell her tomorrow night when my dad is at work! Does anyone know how I should bring up the subject?

#13 Rachel_Morgan

Rachel_Morgan

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:51 AM

Ok, I will try and tell her tomorrow night when my dad is at work! Does anyone know how I should bring up the subject?

Just mention it. She's your mom, so while I can understand being embarrassed, she's really seen pretty much everything concerning you by now. ;)
"Mom, I want to talk to you about something. Can you spare a moment?" -take her aside- "Mom, *insert description of burning and the like* can I get booked in to see the doctor sometime to find out what's causing this?"

And there you go! :goodvibes:

-Rachel & The Zoo.

#14 Rocco160

Rocco160

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:24 AM

Ok, Ive moved telling her to Tuesday night because I really want to talk to my friends about it first, and my mom will probably take me to a docter on Wednesday night.