Photo

Your opinion on these dolls?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 MilkyFactory

MilkyFactory

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:06 PM

I've decided to purchase a Ball Jointed Doll at last, after almost a year of being obsessed with them. :lovestruck:

I had my heart set on one, but two others came along and I love them all the same I just CAN'T make up my mind.
So I thought I'd ask around, which one do you prefer? Speaking mostly of face shape, eye shape and makeup, because the eye color, the wig and clothes can, and probably will be changed.

This is Zhi Yan, she's around 45cm tall, so pretty small: pictures link

This is Qixi, she's larger, 58cm tall: pictures link

And this is Rita, larger boy with a height of 62cm: pictures link
(But he looks like a girl and i want a girl, so I would be ordering just the head with a separate girl body)

I can't make up my mind and I dont want any regrets because they are very expensive. :pullinghair:
They all have beautiful, sweet faces each diferently and I just don't know which one i love the most. :embarassed:

Edited by MilkyFactory, 31 December 2011 - 09:19 PM.

#2 CampbellCrazy

CampbellCrazy

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:26 PM

I like Qixi best. They are unique. Good luck with your choice.

#3 MilkyFactory

MilkyFactory

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:43 PM

I like Qixi best. They are unique. Good luck with your choice.

Thank you for your opinion. :)
Qixi is actually the one I'm most considering to get at the moment.
Because her size will make it very easy to get hair and clothes, it's a standard size unlike Zhi Yan, and I wont have to risk attaching a male head to a female body like Rita.
I like her realistic, soft, round face, but she seems to lack expression, so I dont know. :pullinghair:

#4 princesshamster

princesshamster

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:55 PM

I personally Zhi Yan the best. I like her pink makeup.

#5 MilkyFactory

MilkyFactory

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:57 PM

I personally Zhi Yan the best. I like her pink makeup.

Thank you, Zhi Yan was my first "crush" lol.
She's a very unique looking doll, but her size will make it dificult to find clothes for her, and with her intense, princess make up it will be hard to dress her in more "everyday life" outfits.
She's 100% princess and has to stay that way. Which is good and bad at the same time for the owner. :veryhappy:

#6 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,387 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:34 AM

Gosh I can see why you're having such a hard time to decide. They are all really beautiful and whichever one I'm looking at, at the moment, is my favorite! It's a little hard to envision them with different hair, eyes, etc. Like ZhiYan for example....I just love how she looks in those photos, but if everything were changed such as her hair type/color, eye color, etc. I may not care for it as much. (Because she's totally rocking the pink! :laughing: )

Ugh, sorry for being of no help to you. I do like Rita's face a lot. It's different from the others, but it would just depend on the hairstyle that goes with it. Of course the important thing is that even with our opinions, that you choose the one YOU like the most. :yes:

Edited by HoppingHammy, 01 January 2012 - 12:35 AM.

#7 MilkyFactory

MilkyFactory

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:13 AM

Gosh I can see why you're having such a hard time to decide. They are all really beautiful and whichever one I'm looking at, at the moment, is my favorite! It's a little hard to envision them with different hair, eyes, etc. Like ZhiYan for example....I just love how she looks in those photos, but if everything were changed such as her hair type/color, eye color, etc. I may not care for it as much. (Because she's totally rocking the pink! :laughing: )

Ugh, sorry for being of no help to you. I do like Rita's face a lot. It's different from the others, but it would just depend on the hairstyle that goes with it. Of course the important thing is that even with our opinions, that you choose the one YOU like the most. :yes:

Thats the problem with Zhi Yan, what I was telling princesshamster earlier, I dont think she would look any good in other outfits...
Rita has an adorable face but putting a male face on a female body can turn out awfully ugly depending on the face, and unfortunatly you only find out when you do it.

I'm actually leaning more towards Qixi right now because I can pretty much picutre her in any style, but she looks lifeless and a little too common.

It's so much trouble. :pullinghair:

#8 SyrianPumpkin

SyrianPumpkin

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:43 AM

Well I would go with the Zhi Yan she's really pretty but If you couldn't get that one I would get the Qixi:D

#9 Azayles

Azayles

Samurai Ham

• Members
  • 8,544 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:21 AM

I definitely prefer ZhiYan, she's far more detailed and seems more expressive, too.

#10 MilkyFactory

MilkyFactory

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:51 AM

I definitely prefer ZhiYan, she's far more detailed and seems more expressive, too.

she is very expressive isn't she, it's why I like her alot. :veryhappy:
Thank you for your opinion!

#11 Buttercup Bento

Buttercup Bento

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:05 AM

I agree I couldn't see Zhi Yan in any other style outfit. I can't imangine her being anything other than a princess or maybe Lolita.

Unfortunately, I think Qixi looks a little souless but definately beautiful. But maybe that's an ethreal quality that she has?

Rita is beautiful but I'm not sure that I'd want to risk the boy into girl thingy.

If I were you, I'd keep looking and find the one that sings out to your heart 100%. Or give yourself some timeout and look at these again in a few days and maybe one will jump out at you x

#12 Lillias

Lillias

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

My favorite of the three is Rita. I like boy dolls though and would have no qualms in keeping the boy body and dressing him as a girl or boy as I saw fit. He's not particularly manly, so I don't think it would be too noticeable. ZhiYan is my second favorite. She's definitely different, but maybe you can get creative with the outfits. Qixi doesn't do anything for me. She looks like she is up to something.

Edited by Lillias, 05 January 2012 - 05:17 PM.