Photo

My new adopted hamster!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Whisper<3

Whisper<3

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:34 AM

So this is my new hamster I adopted. He is a male syrian! I just got him today and I'm very excited. I didn't think of a name yet, but I like the name Bow, or beau in French. ( it means beautiful ) He looks a lot like Lilly I might add! He was the only one left and I got him very last minute. I'm not sure on much about his past, but here is what it said on petfinder. "
The Golden Boy, aka Mr. Hamster is still AVAILABLE!! ( not anymore!! hehe ) We just rescued several various aged hamsters this week. The hamsters were being housed in overcrowed conditions and can't wait to have space of thier own!! We were told there were anywhere from 20-40 hamsters in need of our help!! When we arrived we found there were only 9 left. We were informed that the rest were sold to a local pet store so at least they have a better chance at a fresh start! They have been handled by adults and children from a young age. These siblings are already being housed in seperate cages. There are 2 females; one is a peach teddy bear and the other is a tan medium hair, the 1 male is a golden short hair. We are told they are approximately 6 months old. They are a bit shy but have great potential to become great pets. golden boy is easily handled as long as you don't startle him awake!" I'm sorry the quality is is bad, but this video was last minute! :) Enjoy and tell me in the comments if you like the name Bow. (aka beau) Thanks
http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=736260

#2 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,348 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:02 AM

Oh he's so beautiful and active! He seems really happy exploring everything. Beau would be a very fitting name for him too. Is that a 15 gallon tank? It's hard to tell. Congrats on him! :party:

#3 MilkyFactory

MilkyFactory

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:06 PM

He's a gorgeous syrian, congrats.
I know a few people who named their rabbit Beau, but never a hamster, I think it's a cute name. :)

#4 princesshamster

princesshamster

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:44 AM

He's adorable! Congrats! :D

#5 Whisper<3

Whisper<3

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:44 AM

HoppingHammy: It's actually a 20Long tank! Maybe he's so big it's hard to tell? And thanks! :) He's all sleepy now, probably from being all hyper and such!

MilkyFactory: Thanks! I think I'm going to name him Beau. Should it be spelt b-e-a-u or b-o-w. ( of course no dash marks in the actual name! )

princesshamster: Thanks! :hamster3: