Photo

Irregular heart beat!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Anastasia♥

Anastasia♥

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:14 AM

:shootingstar: Now, I know none of you are doctors, but last night I could hear my heartbeat through the mattress while I was falling asleep. Not abnormal. I usually hear my breath too because of the springs in it that makes sound travel through it.
Well, I noticed that after about every 8 beats, there would be an extra, fast beat.
boom boom
boom boom
boom boom
boomboomboom (very fast)
I told my mom, she seems a bit concerned. But today it seems a little worse.It feels like my heart is stuttering. No kidding. I can occasionally feel my heart beat without touching my chest, like my heart threw in an extra beat to compensate for shallow beating or something. It's really freaking me out!
Any idea what could be happening? I never noticed this before. I noticed that I haven't been exercising as much lately due to my pets getting more attention and decorating for Christmas. I normally run around or take a brisk walk for around 20 minutes. Lately I've been running with my dog for about 10.
Anything I can do before I go to the doctor? Any special foods to eat to help my heart?
Any answers are much appreciated!

EDIT:
I'm 13... I have asthma but it is enormously controlled. It's nearly gone from 4 years allergy shots.

Edited by Anastasia♥, 05 December 2011 - 05:22 AM.

#2 MilkyFactory

MilkyFactory

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:28 AM

Honestly I don't think there's much we can say, it's not up to us to get your hopes up or down before you see a doctor.
But couldn't it simply be anxiety?

#3 Anastasia♥

Anastasia♥

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:42 AM

Honestly I don't think there's much we can say, it's not up to us to get your hopes up or down before you see a doctor.
But couldn't it simply be anxiety?

I haven't been having any anxiety :( None at all.... unless my saying that one day my heart will burst from all my budgie's cute noises is coming true. I honestly don't know what's happening!

#4 tinypixie

tinypixie

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:07 AM

It sounds like you are incredibly in-tune with your body. Sometimes it's only up to ourselves to figure out that something might be wrong. And I commend you for "listening" to your body and trying to wonder what to do.

Don't be too worried because sometimes we create symptoms we are listening for. But, if you honestly know that you heard that extra beat on the 8th, then it'd def. something worth checking out.

You are young, and it sounds like you do take care of yourself. Running with the dog for 10 minutes daily is more than half the people your age do and I have high faith you will be okay.

Try not to think too hard about symptoms because as psychology says, often we make things happen just by thinking about them too much.

I hope you are okay.. keep us posted?? xoxo

Edited by tinypixiexoxo, 05 December 2011 - 08:08 AM.