Photo

Question for all you Harry Potter fans out here ;)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 MilkyFactory

MilkyFactory

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:32 AM

I know there's many of you. :laughing:

I've been wanting to watch a Harry Potter movie lately for some reason, but I really don't know which one to see.
I don't like the main storyline too much, but I do however love the whole imaginary world and all the cool things the author invented.

So which movie apart the 1rst one (seen it too many times) has the most of this "wizard world" stuff and not so much dramatic Voldemort storyline?
If that makes any sense.

#2 Luci

Luci

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:45 AM

You know, I really like the 4th one (Goblet of Fire). It has a lot of cool scenes that would fit in well with your liking of the 'imaginary world' :)

#3 Azayles

Azayles

Samurai Ham

• Members
  • 8,457 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:22 AM

I'd recommend Prisoner of Azkaban for the clever plot twists and the use of the time turner :D

#4 AccioGuitar

AccioGuitar

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:26 AM

I'd recommend the Prisoner of Azkaban, as well. Although, I am somewhat biased do to a particular scene. Although it is one of the more depressing HP movies, in my opinion. It also has one of the least Voldemort-centric plots in the whole series.

Spoiler

Edited by AccioGuitar, 28 November 2011 - 03:31 AM.

#5 Lucas

Lucas

Ninja Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 7,473 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:33 AM

I agree with the Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire are the best for imaginary creatures and what have you; they're definitely my favorites!

#6 Azayles

Azayles

Samurai Ham

• Members
  • 8,457 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:46 AM

Just watch all the movies back to back :D Believe me after several hours of Harry Potter, the storyline will just become a muddied blur anyway ;P

#7 stuffedwheel

stuffedwheel

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:41 AM

I'd go with Goblet of Fire. Prisoner of Azkaban is great and all, but I've always found Goblet of Fire (both book and movie) to be more interesting than the third because of the tournament involved in it. You really get a feel of "the Wizarding world" in it. Though, if you ever find time, you could always watch them all. ;)

#8 Azayles

Azayles

Samurai Ham

• Members
  • 8,457 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:51 AM

That's true, actually :) GOF really immerses Harry (and vicariously, the reader) in the wizarding world as he looks for clues on how to complete the various tasks :)
It's generally more Harry-centric than the other books because of this, and so, because Harry is the "newbie" wizard who is still discovering this World, we the reader are exposed to more new and exciting wizarding artefacts and idealisms.

#9 stuffedwheel

stuffedwheel

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:44 AM

That's true, actually :) GOF really immerses Harry (and vicariously, the reader) in the wizarding world as he looks for clues on how to complete the various tasks :)
It's generally more Harry-centric than the other books because of this, and so, because Harry is the "newbie" wizard who is still discovering this World, we the reader are exposed to more new and exciting wizarding artefacts and idealisms.

Exactly. :) I was hooked on the books before it, but I must admit that I finished that book quicker than the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd despite it being longer and the movie for GOF got me hooked on the movies.

#10 SouthPaw

SouthPaw

I AM smarter than a 5th grader !

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 5,810 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:00 AM

I agree with Prisoner of Azkaban. That was one of my favorite books in the series as well.

Order of the Phoenix is one of my favorite movies--but to be honest they're all kind of blurred together lol so I don't know if the plot fits what you're interested in.

If you just want plain old action--Deathly Hallows part 2 was AWESOME. Awesome. Yeah it's the last one so it's all about finishing the story and tying up loose ends, but I know people who don't really care for the series but they still really liked that movie.

#11 Azayles

Azayles

Samurai Ham

• Members
  • 8,457 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:04 AM

If you just want plain old action--Deathly Hallows part 2 was AWESOME. Awesome.

Agreed! The action in that last instalment is astounding :O

#12 skywilling

skywilling

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:49 AM

The fourth one seems to be the one more wizardy, to me.
I would recommend the second one as well, considering your intents.

But if you're looking for plain amazing awesomeness, I agree part two is just mind blowing.

#13 bleu_emeraude

bleu_emeraude

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:05 AM

I agree with Goblet of Fire for all the fantasies in the movie and so much of the wizard school scenes

#14 MilkyFactory

MilkyFactory

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:14 PM

I've actually seen all of them on various occasions but kind of long ago, and I've seen the last one in 3D at the movies at the premiere in France, I felt like re-watching one. :)

I think I'll go with Goblet of Fire, I do remember liking it alot.

#15 Cuddlykins

Cuddlykins

Baby Hamster

• 15 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:00 AM

Of all the Harry Potter books, I think Harry Potter & The Prisoner Of Azkaban has the least Voldemort in it.