Photo

Meeting some of the All My Children cast.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Marisa

Marisa

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:15 AM

Yes, I watch(ed) a soap. No, I'm not an old lady. Yes, that soap quickly consumed my life. Yes, that soap saved my life. And yes, that entire cast is very, very special to me.

Also - I was really really calm around them. All of them. I grew up watching Vincent, Walt, and Darnell. But Jordi wasn't officially on the show a year. I was calm though. I welcomed these people into my home five days a week. I grew attached to their characters. They are really truly like my friends. My family. All those people in Pine Valley..they're like my neighbors. I feel like I grew up with them. Which, I really did. I was calm. And it was so..comfortable. Like I've known them my entire life. I felt..at home. I felt 'whole' for the first time in my life.

Ah. Okay. I'm copying this from what I posted on Tumblr. Just changing it a bit for those of you since none of you are fans.

welp.

hello.

Okay. I flew out to Tampa (Charlotte, actually - then Tampa). Got to the hotel like..2:30 AM..slept a bit..woke up..got ready..went to the event - met all those incredible guys. And a few amazing fans (And Grendall shippers! ;D). Seriously..the fans I met (All of them were pretty..hardcore Grendall shippers like myself) are incredible people. And we had fun poking fun at Zach/TK the entire time. We’re fans of Griffin. Of Grendall. Not Zach. And not Zendall. I won’t post much about it cause some Zach fans/Zendall shippers may read this but yeah. Ah, also, during the event..the lady in charge..before the event officially started..she got up in front of everyone and was like “Wow. I wish ABC could see this.” talking about all us fans. It was an incredible experience. I’ve never met any of those people before (fans or actors) but they felt like family. All us AMC fans are part of the All My Children family. To see a bunch of us all together for this..it was great. Amazing. Incredible. It felt like our Soap never ‘died’. Like it was never canceled.

I also have to say - many of you know I was super super depressed earlier this year. Then I started really paying attention to All My Children. I’ve watched it for almost 17 years and I knew all the characters and such. But I never really really paid much attention until..about a year ago? Their voices. All their voices. It was a comfort to me. Every day. I’d get to hear their voices. With amc gone now I’m all “;________;” but..but hearing their voices live. Being around them. Meeting them. Talking to them.. I can’t even begin to explain how much I felt..’whole’ again. Especially Jordi’s voice (which by the way is super adorable in person). I..I obviously love Griffin. And..this may sound odd but..but his voice..comforted me throughout this past year. So..hearing it live was incredible.

uh.

After the event I went back to the hotel..slept..woke up at 3:00 AM this morning. Hopped on a plane to Atlanta and then got on another plane to Kansas City. Needless to say I am beyond exhausted. And I’m quite dizzy at the moment. So, sorry for any spelling errors.

..This..this m&g/luncheon was at country club. And so, yeah. I got lost a few times trying to find the f’ing place. I’ve never been to Tampa (Just Orlando) so.. yeah.

..Jordi Vilasuso, Darnell Williams, Vincent Irizarry, Walt Willey, and Jim Fitzpatrick (Yeah, he was a surprise guest. He was Pierce Riley) had their own tables. Jim was actually sitting at my table. And Darnell was at the table next to me. And Jordi was..sort of close. Vincent and Walt were in freaking Narnia. ;-;

Ah. Um. There were..a few things you could win. They had shirts that said “I Love Griffin Castillo” or “I love Jackson Montgomery” or “I love David Hayward” and “I love Jesse Hubbard.” I put 20 tickets into the box to win the Griffin shirt. And yep, I won it. ;D

…ah.

Also - they’re all hilarious and sweet. Walt kept making fun of Susan Lucci. (They had a on-screen relationship. Jackson and Erica..)

um.

Watermarks everywhere because I originally uploaded this to tumblr where there's Jordi fans all over that enjoy stealing pictures.

Uh. Not all the pictures. I'm not uploading the pics of me and them all. Uh - If you have my FB/Tumblr you can see them that way.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Forever crushing on her. She's absolutely beautiful and I love love love her. And her character..Cara..was my favorite girl on amc so. <3

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh, look, a picture of Cameron Mathison (Ryan Lavery) and Thorsten Kaye [Usually just called TK] (Zach Slater).

Posted Image

Love this. They're my favorites. <3

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Incredible drawing that was auctioned off. I don't remember how much it went for but it was a lot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
ugh he needs to smile more oh my god. As Griffin Castillo..he hardly ever smiled. Griffin wasn't the type of guy to smile. He kind of..kept to himself most of the time. But he DID smile a few times and every single time I died. He's got an amazing smile, that's for sure.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Bahaha. He couldn't read it. So he made Jordi read it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Mmm. Vincent is so lovely. I loved his character on AMC (LOL. Actually..I went back and forth.. I've loved him at times..hated him at times. But yeah, for the most part..I loved his character - David Hayward.)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Can not unseen Jordi smiling in the background. Ugh why is he so perfect. why.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Totally creeping pictures of him. Sorry about the arm in the way. :C
Posted Image
---
Uh. So. Vincent - He’s so so so sweet, too. It’s hard to imagine someone like him played someone as mean and evil as David Hayward. They couldn’t be more opposite. Him and Jordi were my favorites to begin with (<basement>, David and Griffin were my favorite guys on AMC) but after meeting them..yeah, still my favorites. Seriously though..Vincent is so so so sweet. I didn’t get to talk to Darnell or Walt all that much I mostly hung around Vincent and Jordi. But yeah.
also- forgot to mention - Me and Jordi talked about Grendall (Or lack there of). It was..amusing. Haha. Again - I have to point out how sweet he is. And adorable. And perfect. Dear god. He looks..so much different..when he's in his Griffin character. He looks..older, I think? I'm not quite sure. But oh my lord he was so..cute? And sexy. And adorable. And everything all rolled into one at the same time. And um..the scruff..I can't even..I love it. I love facial hair. Especially his. But seeing it live? In person? oh my lord.

Also - We were all told to dress nicely. And everyone did. Fans and actors alike. Then we have Jordi. In jeans. He looks sexy in jeans no doubt and I found it amusing and adorable but yeah. HAHA. He’s the greatest ever.

Oh. And I got hugs from all of them. Which were all incredible, by the way.
I definitely had an amazing time. Meeting the fans and the guys..absolutely incredible. I'll remember that night for the rest of my life.

#2 Christmas_hamster

Christmas_hamster

Super Hero Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 21,332 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:07 AM

I can't imagine meeting people that I would have watched on tv growing up. It really must have been incredible, especially as you have become so close to the show. I'm not familiar with the show but I can just imagine meeting people from one of my favourite shows, let alone one I grew up watching too!

I'm glad to hear that it went well and I hope you had lots of fun. =]

#3 Marisa

Marisa

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:15 AM

I can't imagine meeting people that I would have watched on tv growing up. It really must have been incredible, especially as you have become so close to the show. I'm not familiar with the show but I can just imagine meeting people from one of my favourite shows, let alone one I grew up watching too!

I'm glad to hear that it went well and I hope you had lots of fun. =]

Ahh. It was incredible. Just..being in the same room as them. Talking to them. Seeing them..face to face..it was incredible. Getting to hug them. Tell them how much they've meant to me. Chills. Chills.

..and seriously. Every celeb I've ever met has been really nice but oh my lord these guys went above and beyond to be nice to everyone. It was..incredible. How nice they were. <3

Also - (I'm not quite sure if I'm even allowed to do this) but if anyone wants to see all the pics - here.

#4 GangstaGirl

GangstaGirl

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:23 PM

awww all the pics are little X'es. I'm glad you had fun meeting them! I'm sure you had as much fun meeting them as I will meeting Trevor Mcnevan!!! :lovestruck:

#5 Lucas

Lucas

Ninja Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 7,473 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:13 PM

Great pictures! Looks like you had fun!
I think it's really awesome you got to meet them all! I bet that's a great feeling.

#6 Marisa

Marisa

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:16 PM

awww all the pics are little X'es. I'm glad you had fun meeting them! I'm sure you had as much fun meeting them as I will meeting Trevor Mcnevan!!! :lovestruck:

You can't see the pics or..? On here or on my tumblr? o.O

um.
hi.
haha. Yeah, it was incredible meeting them for sure. They..well..especially Jordi (As the lovely Griffin Castillo)..saved my life this year. Meeting Jordi was..a dream come true.

Actually..meeting all four (well, five) of the guys was incredible. The four main ones..meant so so so much to me throughout this past year. And all their character's story-lines were somehow connected. So, they all meant a lot to me.

I mean, I've met people who have meant a lot to me before (Like Zach Myers from Shinedown) but.. meeting these guys was on a whole other level. A 'I can't even begin to explain how amazing it was meeting them.'
And not in a fan girly way. In a.. 'I just met my childhood heroes' kind of way.

Great pictures! Looks like you had fun!
I think it's really awesome you got to meet them all! I bet that's a great feeling.

Ahh. It was so so so fun! Especially meeting Jordi and Vincent. Not only were they my favorite guys on amc (On and off screen) anyway but their characters were so..connected. All the time. Not really going into that since none of y'all are fans but yeah meeting those two was great. Both are so so so sweet!

Edited by across-the-nation, 21 November 2011 - 11:20 PM.

#7 GangstaGirl

GangstaGirl

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:21 AM

um.

OH Hai.

LOL I can't see the pics on here, but that's fine. :P

#8 Marisa

Marisa

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:31 AM

um.

OH Hai.

LOL I can't see the pics on here, but that's fine. :P

Try this? (: That has all the pictures anyway. (:

Edited by across-the-nation, 22 November 2011 - 04:31 AM.

#9 GangstaGirl

GangstaGirl

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:34 AM

Try this? (: That has all the pictures anyway. (:

Oh heheh, I think its a "My Stupid Laptop" thing. With some pictures, i don't know why, because it's only some, it just WILL NOT show it. I'm glad you had fun though!