Photo

My "Movie Theater Room" (aka office) :)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,348 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:31 AM

Hello HH-ers! :wave: Here are some photos of my newly decorated office - made to look like a movie theater! :star: You all have waited patiently, so....here they are! Hope you like!

P.s. We might paint my walls gray with a single red stripe eventually.

Lights, camera, action!
Posted Image

Wide view
Posted Image

Zen tank with just plants for now
Posted Image

My filter is making a bubble nest. :P I need to remedy that.
Posted Image

;D
Posted Image

Posted Image

Favorite movies (plus then LOTR obviously)
Posted Image

Another angle showing my (abnormally clean) desk. AND my epic animated "The One Ring" screensaver.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Love blasting those speakers with soundtrack music! :headphones: Haha!
Posted Image

Filmstrip with Narnia VODT photos
Posted Image

Posted Image

Another view showing the concessions and Tootsie's memorial shelf. ♥
Posted Image

500 piece puzzles that were glued onto foamboard and hung on the wall.
Posted Image

My favorite corner!!! YUMMY!! You should have seen mom and I in the candy aisle giggling and picking out all those boxes. We didn't even care about taste as long as it was all color coordinated with an assortment of bright, colorfulness!(Yes we did eat all the candy......over the course of a YEAR! ) :cheeky:
Posted Image

Posted Image

750+ gumballs. O_O Behold it's greatness.
Posted Image

Mega tickets above the doorway.
Posted Image

Found the "vintage" popcorn maker (in the background) in brand new condition at Goodwill for $3.99!
Posted Image

Mini gumballs
Posted Image

Posted Image

DVD shelf of my favorite movies!! pt 1
Posted Image

pt 2 of my favorite movies plus 2 books.
Posted Image

Shelf thingy with Narnia photos, a mini oliphaunt bust that I made myself, more books and an incense holder.
Posted Image

Photo/video books, software, printer paper and soundtracks!
Posted Image

Andddd that's all folks! :) Thanks for looking!

#2 MilkyFactory

MilkyFactory

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:47 AM

EPIC!
Love the rooms you make, you have to come over and decorate my apartmen someday. :laughing:
That candy corner is just fab, and the whole desk setup is brilliant!

About your tank though, I'm worried your marimo moss balls might not lvie long without any fish in the tank, they grow thanks to the fish... poop I believe. :)
A betta fish or a couple of guppies or neons would look fab in there, but I'm no expert. :)

#3 Veronika

Veronika

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:55 AM

It looks great!
I especially love some of the Narnia stuff because I have a huge crush on Ben Barnes (Prince Caspian) xD

#4 Dingdong516

Dingdong516

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:14 AM

That's the most amazing room I've ever seen! Other than your hamster room, that is. :P You're so good at this!
Also, I really like your moss balls. They look so soft and fuzzy! :D

#5 princesshamster

princesshamster

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:21 AM

Love it! This is just as great as your hamster room :D

Great work, I totally love the candy corner :yummy:

#6 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,348 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:31 AM

About your tank though, I'm worried your marimo moss balls might not lvie long without any fish in the tank, they grow thanks to the fish... poop I believe. A betta fish or a couple of guppies or neons would look fab in there, but I'm no expert.

Thank you for your advice MilkyFactory! I'm still new to the whole aquarium thing, so it's appreciated. The moss balls were bought....oh...around 6 months ago? I just had them in a pint sized critter keeper with water (that got changed out once a week) and it was kept in window light. They seemed to do just fine, so now that they're in a tank with filtered water and more movement, I was hoping they would continue to thrive. So far so good and actually they seem a little greener! Oh, I'm also adding in a small amount of aquarium salt and API Plant zone every week to give them some nutrients. Fingers crossed that they survive! D:

Originally I wanted a betta, and still do, but honestly using a heater makes me far too nervous and I simply can't get over my fear. White cloud minnows (?) would probably be the only fish I could add, but right now it's really nice to just have plants without the stress of fish dying. I'd really hate to kill an animal. :(

It looks great!
I especially love some of the Narnia stuff because I have a huge crush on Ben Barnes (Prince Caspian) xD

HAHA join the club!! :highfive:

That's the most amazing room I've ever seen! Other than your hamster room, that is. :P You're so good at this!
Also, I really like your moss balls. They look so soft and fuzzy!

Wow thank you! Hehe and they are very soft and fuzzy. They are named "Mari" and "Mo". :cheeky: (Don't ask me to tell them apart though.)

Love it! This is just as great as your hamster room :D Great work, I totally love the candy corner

Thank you princessham! That candy corner really seems to be a hit!

Edited by HoppingHammy, 22 September 2011 - 06:33 AM.

#7 Luci

Luci

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:33 AM

I am in awe of this room :mindblowing:

It's seriously amazing! I cannot imagine all of the time and effort it must've taken to put this all together- it looks FANTASTIC! Every little detail makes it just look stunning, from the signs, the candy, and of course all of the specific movie and movie-related memorabilia and wall hangings! I'm sure working in the office is so much more fun now ;D

#8 rhapsody

rhapsody

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Moderator Team
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:33 AM

*Hangs head in shame*

The only actual "decorating" I've done in the apartment was to hang a super-thick curtain over the bedroom window to block out the light so I can sleep in on the weekends. LOL, and remember my super color-coordinated hamster cages? No more! Ever since the rats have come into my life, I've had to give up on making the colors match.

That reminds me that I need to take pictures of the "Rodent Room" - I have some hideously neon rugs to pad the cages that I'm ridiculously proud of (the 3x5s were only $8 each, and the 4x6 was $12!).

Despite making me feel completely inadequate about my home decor skills, I just adore what you've done to your office! :lovestruck: Exquisitely done!

#9 bleu_emeraude

bleu_emeraude

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:35 AM

BRILLIANT!! :hypnotized:

I'm drooling of awesomeness right now. This is such a great work, HoppingHammy! This is a fun room to work.
I love the film roll wall piece, and all the posters and books. I love LOTR and Narnia too. Is that really true? that The Hobbit is coming SOON in theatre? :mindblowing:

#10 skywilling

skywilling

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:52 AM

I have no words.
In fact I can barely breathe!

#11 Momiji

Momiji

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:52 AM

You're amazing at decorating! :mindblowing:
My parents also love redecorating the house and renovating it but with more of a "grown up" kind of style.. I don't know how to describe it but I picture my feature home to be filled with spongebob, anime posters, cute baby animal accessories, etc. Yeah, I'm such a kid at heart :laughing:
Anyways, I LOVE YOUR ROOM.

#12 TeddieBaby

TeddieBaby

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:53 AM

That is AMAZING! :hypnotized:

#13 Christmas_hamster

Christmas_hamster

Super Hero Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 21,332 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:56 AM

That's just magical. It really is quite spectacular! :D I adore the 'no smoking' and 'turn off cell phone' sign too hehe.

As for your tank I believe some plants do better with fish, while others can do well without. I thought salt was a no-no for plants though? Do not take my word on this, I don't know much about them lol.

#14 mikachewie

mikachewie

Hamster Clone

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:19 PM

Oooh! It's simply lovely! You did an amazing job and it really shows! You are a fabulous designer! :D

#15 tinypixie

tinypixie

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:45 PM

Hey that is a really cool space!!! Great job.

I love your aquarium too! The fact that it does not have fish is intriguing to me, and I am such a plant lover!!