Popstar Ham

• Members
  • 4,145 posts

• My Syrian(s):3
  • My Dwarf(s):1

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

Wooo! Moan time for me! Can I have more than 10? Please!

1. Smelly people. :yuck:

2. Those who expect me to show them respect when they don't respect me. After all respect is a 2 way thing!

3. Judgemental people. Why do people feel the need to judge you because of the way you look and dress, your colour, your sexuality and everything else...

4. People coughing/sneezing without covering their mouth. And those that cover their mouths and then rub their hands all over the poles on the bus...

5. Vet bills. Why do I pay more on my animals health than my own?!

6. Remembering to medicate Shadow every night... :pullinghair:

7. The phrase, "Amy, go take your pills!" :thumbsdown:

8. ......Waiting ......More waiting .......Yet more waiting

9. Falling over every few minutes, even when sitting down... :boggled:

10. Not being able to think of 10 things I find annoying!

#317 Anastasia♥

Anastasia♥

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • My Syrian(s):0
  • My Dwarf(s):0

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:12 AM

I have more than 10...

1. Immature boys AND girls, who think I'm on my period JUST because I might've snapped at them.
2. People who hate birds. If you cannot live with birds, you would DIE in my room.
3. How thin I am. I am constantly called anorexic and ugly, but I just don't put on weight, I guess because I have so many activities I do (dog agility, horseback riding, running, biking, etc)
4. My inability to remember extremely important things (reports for school...ahaha)
5. In the morning when my budgies are up literally at the crack of dawn screaming and singing. I am used to it, but everyone else in the house will NOT sleep through it and they yell at me to quiet them :p
6. People who think goldfish can be kept in 10 gallon tanks.....I want to make someone live in a closet for a year and see how they like it.
7. People who get pets on impulse and have no idea how to take care of it, and end up giving it away.
8. People who JUDGE me
9. People who say they can do better than me at whatever I'm doing ("WELL, GOOD FOR YOU!! I WISH I COULD BE AS GOOD AS YOU ONE DAY....NOT")
10. Ppl wh0 ta1k l13k d!$ b3cau$ der3 s0000000 c000000lll!!!!!!11!!!!
11. People who think moths are GROSS... seriously people, they are so cute and fuzzy!
12. How much I like to complain :P
13. My mom's intolerance for rodents
14. Teddy bears (I'm sorry....I saw a really disgusting GIF of one once that creeped me out)
15. Periods :P (SO MUCH PAIN)
16. People who try to impress me. Seriously, if you impress me, I'll compliment you. If I've been ignoring you for a while, just STOP.
17. People who's life's mission is to PROVE EVERYONE WRONG. SHADDUP ALREADY xD
18. When people clearly aren't prepared for bringing an animal into their life, and adopt/buy it anyway. Then the animal suffers for a period of time when the person is rushing to get the supplies needed for it.
19. Organized religion. To be honest, my church scares the HECK out of me. I love my god and angels and saints, but I don't need guidance with everything from tying my shoes to selling a car -.-"
20. People who try to quickly impress their religion into your head. No, I do not what to become a Jehovah's Witness.

I COMPLAIN A LOT, OK??

10) When you go to a concert or a pool place or something, and there's a bunch of pervs there hitting on you non-stop. This bugs me sooo much. WHY? Why can't I go play some pool and rock out to some music without having a bunch of weirdos breathing down my back and trying to get me to go with them?? Seriously??

SO yeah. That's what annoys me.

So true! I went to a shoe store once to go buy a pair of shoes...I was wearing a skin-hugging short dress with cutoff sleeves, and I did look pretty in it :3 I was trying on size 9 shoes (WOMEN'S) and a man who looked like a freaking pedophile was looking at WOMEN'S shoes, size 8, in the aisle next to me. I mom noticed him staring at me, so she blocked his view of me. So he goes to the other side to size ELEVEN shoes to stare at me from THERE. He was so gross.....just EW! I mean he had this complete child-molester look to him. Dirty, greasy, uncombed hair that was really long. His face was dirty, unshaved. He was disheveled, and he basically looked like he wanted to rape me......this happens a lot :thumbsdown: :pullinghair:

Edited by Anastasia♥, 13 April 2012 - 09:18 AM.

#318 Elyse

Elyse

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,591 posts

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:13 AM

2. Those who expect me to show them respect when they don't respect me. After all respect is a 2 way thing!

3. Judgemental people. Why do people feel the need to judge you because of the way you look and dress, your colour, your sexuality and everything else...

You win, thank you! Especially number 3 I have an issue with when it comes to people!

#319 VanillaTea

VanillaTea

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 862 posts
  • My Syrian(s):1

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:44 AM

Cyaa! What a cool thread!
I get annoyed by pretty much everything.
I have an opinion on everything.

In no specific order...
1)People who treat celebrities like some kind of god.
-They are people doing their job. Maybe if you treated them normally they would talk to you more. I have talked to many celebrities. They've remembered me and continued replying to me. They are people too!

2)People who are bad at typing.
-Lik, omg wtf iz up wit hur hairz?

3)People who are just not nice to me and treat people as if they have no feelings.
-I tend to take things extremely personally and seriously. I shared a video on depression on Facebook and some guy thought it would be funny to make a joke out of suicide. I obviously got really <cheese>ed and wrote a whole paragraph explaining how terrible what he had done really was.

4)Snobby girls who attempt to act older than they actually are.
-I don't understand why girls in middle school are dating and wearing makeup and thongs. I guess I'm "old fashioned" huh? I sleep with a stuffed animal and watch Teen Titans all day.

5)People who are not very intelligent and lack common sense/knowledge.
-As in people who ask obvious questions all the time. I can only talk to people who think similarly to me. Or at least somewhat close. This chick said, "You'll get in trouble for saying anything bad about Kony (The project, not the man himself)." I responded, "If I want to, I can march around the White House saying "I HATE OBAMA." I can smoke directly next to "The Truth" truck. I have freedom of speech. Despite the fact that it has limitations, I still can say certain things and not get in any sort of trouble.

6)Camwh*res.
-Dear girls on Facebook, it's "One, two, three, SMILE!" NOT, "One, two, three, DUCKFACE!"

7)People who automatically assume I am in elementary school and know nothing.
-I am thirteen. I am the one percent at my school (If the one percent were the smart people, not the higher class). (The ones who wear thongs and snogg all day.)

8)People who use 4chan or 9gag.
-I can't help it. I am a Redditor. (When does the narwhal bacon?)

9)People who assume they are better than everyone else and will never admit defeat.
-Nuf' said.

10)When people treat me as if I am an absolute "looser".
-Another Facebook story! This girl posted a status which I made a smart-arse remark to. (*insert troll face*) She said something ridiculous to me and I replied, "Cool story, bro." And this guy said, "Really Sasha? You said 'Cool story, bro?"

-WHY YES. YES I DID. O _______ O

Bonus!
11) Stupid people in horror movies.
-I...I don't even-

#320 emilystar

emilystar

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

1) People who complain 24/7. It's one thing if it's something big, but if it's something small like a headache and you complain about it everyday all day then stop, just stop. I especially hate it when guys do this. I mean really? Be a man and grow up, it's part of life.

2) Ignorant people that try to argue with you. Like my dad saying Pitbull's are horrible dogs and need to all be put down. I try to tell him it's about the owner and how they are raised but he says they all need to die. When I bring up facts like that they actually have low attack rates compared to other dogs (including *gasp* his precious chihuahua) they just tend to do more damage then other dogs when they DO get pushed to their limits. His reasoning is that you never hear of people being put into hospitals from chihuahuas.

3) My little sister dressing to impress people with her looks. She's a pretty girl; she does not have to dress in crop tops that show the bottom of her stomach, jeans so tight that her butt falls out when she sits down, or low cut shirts. When I call her out on it she yells at me and says she's in the house so it does not matter and that she does not dress like that at school; forgetting the fact that we go to the same school and she DOES.

5) My family calling Poptart a rat. Yeah I know her snout is kinda long compared to dwarfs but she looks nothing like a rat.

6) My sister being afraid of Poptart. All poor Poptart does is sit there and enjoy being pet. She's only bit once and that was when I first got her. She is now a sweet heart and loves attention. All I have to do is walk by her with Poptart and she freaks out.

7) Being a night owl. I have to get up at 5 in the morning and I can't afford to go to bed late, but I can't get to bed early no matter how hard I try. So as a result I'm tired all day. (good thing my classes are boring... Can you say Zzzzz? )

8) That I procrastinate a lot. In fact I have to clean my room, been putting that off for weeks.

9) Rap music. Let's be honest that music is not even music. It's about drinking, having sex with girls, drugs, money, or themselves. I know they have a few songs about other things but that pretty much sums it up. They're not even singing, it's all autotuned and fake. I much prefer country because no matter how many times you hear a song you never get sick of it and they songs actually have meaning.

10) Not having the food I'm craving in the house ever! I swear I want sweet and my mom buys sweet, then I want salty and my mom buys salty. Then I want different salty and sweet snacks. It's just one of those situations you just can't win.

#321 Elyse

Elyse

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,591 posts

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:23 AM

1. People who complain about everything and expect you to wave a magic wand to fix their problems.
2. People who don't use a turn signal while driving (and I'm the one that get's in trouble for not using my turn signal once!)
3. People who complain when they can't get a job; many people can't but you don't hear them bitching? Nooo, they are at least trying unlike you! Sorry personal issue with that one at the moment. :paperbag:
4. People who judge others for no reason whatsoever.
5. People who wear their pants below their butt.
6. People that say one thing than say other thing behind that person's back.
7. People laughing at me when I finally get something after the fact. Hey not everyone can get something in a heartbeat. :sweatdrop:
8. People who don't want me to work on my eBooks.
9. People who have to talk all the time while I'm working.
10. People who don't know the meaning of "CAN'T YOU STAY QUIET FOR ONE FREAKING MINUTE? I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU DID IN GRAND THEFT LAST NIGHT! PICK SOMETHING ELSE TO TALK ABOUT!"

11. Pet stores that don't take proper care of the animals they are selling and just want to make a buck.
12. Pet stores who sell small animals to people who are going to just abuse them anyway; god someone tell these main chain stores to ask questions before they allow people to buy! With the store I go to they refuse sales to people that won't take proper care of their animals! Take a lesson from these people big chain stores, take a lesson.

Edited by SerenityHamster, 14 April 2012 - 04:24 AM.

#322 Creative Hamster

Creative Hamster

Popstar Ham

• Members
  • 4,548 posts

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:00 AM

Let me add to this.
11. People you seem to be your BFFs, but talk about you behind your back.
Child, if you feel this way, come out and say it!!
12. The smell of soggy saliva food a hamster spit out from her cheeks, which was kept in there for hours.
Smokey, please eat everything next time, okay honey?
13. My mother saying, "Can you put this _____ back UPSTAIRS? On your way upstairs..."
"While you're at it, go get the ____ from the freezer in the basement."
14. The smell of fish.
Go free, you belong in the ocean...

#323 Azayles

Azayles

Samurai Ham

• Members
  • 8,541 posts

• My Syrian(s):3
  • My Dwarf(s):1

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:18 AM

13. My mother saying, "Can you put this _____ back UPSTAIRS? On your way upstairs..."
"While you're at it, go get the ____ from the freezer in the basement."

Lol I totally get you there! That was the rule when I lived at home o.O Until I made a BETTER rule where things would be left on the stairs and just taken up or down by the next person to use the stairs lol. Seemed to work :D

#324 Creative Hamster

Creative Hamster

Popstar Ham

• Members
  • 4,548 posts

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:23 AM

Lol I totally get you there! That was the rule when I lived at home o.O Until I made a BETTER rule where things would be left on the stairs and just taken up or down by the next person to use the stairs lol. Seemed to work Posted Image

Ah, somebody who understands! Of coarse, my rule was to just leave whatever it was and ignore my mom like she ever said anything, or scam my brother to doing it ;D Well, your rule works as well :)

#325 bubblepop727

bubblepop727

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 635 posts

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

So, here's my Top 10 :

10) Frog noises
9) People that type shortcuts (example : " Got2Go! " " Y r u mad?")
8) Old doors that creak
7) Librarians that continuously say to you, "shhhh!" even though you make the smallest noise ever
6) Police sirens
5) Stuff toys that continuosly say little squeaky noises
4) Loud noises that randomly play on the street
3) Construction around your house (They are sooo LOUD!!!)
2) People that grind their teeth
1) Sand in your butt when you sit on the beach shore (Gosh, that's so annoying!)

Yeah, so that's my list!

#326 Christmas_hamster

Christmas_hamster

Super Hero Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 21,332 posts

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:33 AM

8) The Disney Channel. If you actually let your kids watch this, you're doing something wrong. Let's face it- the only people that watch that channel is 50 year-old pedophiles. Justsayin'.

You have discovered my true identity! o.o But I did watch the Disney Channel (well Canada's version of it, same stuff though) all the time. Not so much lately though, the new shows suck even more than the older ones. But go back to when Lizzie McGuire was on and we're all good. :3

#327 Amaryllis

Amaryllis

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 847 posts
  • My Dwarf(s):3

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:28 AM

First off, there is NOTHING wrong with liking Teen Titans. That show was great. Completely unbiased opinion.

Hmmm. I don't know if I make a list of 10 most annoying things. Let's try!

1. Hair in my food. Aside from being unsanitary, it's just flat out disgusting. *goes and shaves dogs*

2. People who are hypocrites and refuse to admit it. Let's face it. At some point in time, we are all going to end up being a hypocrite. Just own up to it, let it go, and then try to be understanding of the next person. Anyone who claims to "hate hypocrites" is really a giant hypocrite, imho.

3. Bossy people. If I wanted someone to tell me what to do all the time, I'd go live with my dad.

4. Losing a sock. Not a pair. Just the one. I have like five or six no-match socks that I am determined to find the match to, because I ALWAYS find the match AFTER I've thrown the other away. I have sock hobgoblins or something living with me.

5. People who tell me how to take care of my dogs, unsolicited, especially when it's really bad advice. Sorry. I don't think punishing my dog or scaring him is the right way to train him.

6. "Time outs." Who came up with this idea, especially "doggy time outs"? I don't believe "time outs" even work for children, let alone dogs. You have a problem, you find a solution. Time outs accomplish nothing. Talk to the kid. Teach your dog what you ACTUALLY want him to do. Don't be lazy.

7. Selfish people. Sometimes there are things that are more important than you. Deal with it.

8. The attitude that a hamster costs $15, so it's okay if it dies. Just replace it and move on? You don't have to pay anything to have a baby, but no one says, "Oh, don't worry if your baby dies, you can just get another." The price tag is just an excuse to see an animal as a more acceptable "worth less" instead of "worthless."

9. People who are irresponsible on the road (including bikers, motorcyclists, pedestrians, drinking, texting etc.). Not only are you risking your life, you're risking others. That is just not okay.

Uhhhhhhhhhh. I'm sure I'll think of something else later? LOL

#328 Christmas_hamster

Christmas_hamster

Super Hero Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 21,332 posts

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

Ok a new one to add to my old list. Cesar Millan. I'm sorry but why can anyone just get a show, call themselves a dog trainer and screw up hundreds of dogs all over the world every year because people try and follow his methods. His methods that include outdated practices, theories, science and essentially shutting down a dog? And then he is hailed as a god by all those that haven't tried researching other training methods.

#329 tinypixie

tinypixie

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 3,607 posts

• My Dwarf(s):2

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

Apparently I only posted 1... so I'll post 9 more.

1. was "when you listen to stories by your friends but when it's your turn to tell a story, your friends stop listening and tune out." Still, probably my #1 pet peeve. It happens constantly for me with my "best friends"

2. People judging me when I tell them my pets. Not to mention what I spend on vet bills for them. If I got sick, I would go to the doctor. My pets reply on me for everything, so it's my duty to take them to the vet when they need it. It's just common courtesy. For me, the cost matters not. It's a life we are talking about.

3. When my family makes a bigger deal out of my sibling's accomplishments than my own. Sure, as a therapist I won't make very much money. But I feel like being a mental health therapist is a lot more productive in society than a private investment banker (my sister) who rips people off of millions, or of a lawyer (my brother) who can stretch the truth as far as it can go to protect someone who committed a crime. In the counseling profession, we take ethics seriously. So.. I love how my parents make a huge deal about my brother and sister's accomplishments over my own. Ugh

4. Being made aware of "inside jokes" but no one wants to fill me in. I hate inside jokes. They are fun when you are a part of them, but when you are not, and people sort of shove them into your face, it's not fun anymore. Sure I like to be "in" on things, but I cannot be present for every joke every time. So, if we're going to reference an inside joke, be prepared to explain it, otherwise, don't freaking mention it.

5. Someone talking down to me when they are clearly not an expert. Recently I find that I know less about my pets or whatnot than I thought... But I try never to talk down to others. But I know some people who are clearly.... less informed... than I am and they still talk down to me when I am apparently doing something wrong. It makes me never want to talk to that person again because it seems they are constantly looking for faults of mine. If I was a different kind of person, I would totally let them know their own flaws. But I'm not that way.

6. People who ask for advice but then find a way to reject any half-way intelligent advice you send their way. In the counseling profession, we call them "yes...but" clients because they will be like "hey, that's good advice, but it won't work for me because of X, Y, and Z." For me it's like... don't ask for advice if you have already pre-planned to shoot it down. There has got to be a reason why things aren't working for you as it is, so try to at least take SOME of what I've provided for you.

7. "I and Me" talkers. Ever try to have a conversation with someone and they only talk in terms of themselves, by using "I" and "me" and "my" and "mine"? People have a tendency to only talk about themselves... and it really bugs me when I'm trying to make a connection to them. Try to catch yourself if you are talking to a friend and are only using "I' and "me" and "my" pronouns. Let the other person into your world by saying "you" once in a while. Like, for instance, when someone shares something and you reply "That happened to me but it was different because I....," you have just changed it from a story about THEM to a story about YOU. Try instead to balance it by saying "Oh that's interesting that it happened to YOU. I had a similar experience, but I'd like to know more about what it was like for YOU before I talk about what it was like for ME."

8. When I can't get to know a friend for who they are, but I can only get to know them by what they are obsessed with. We all have likes and obsessions, but they do not define us. It would be great if some of my friends would come up with their own ways to define themselves instead of using things like books, movies, music, tv shows, etc. I can google a tv show. I can't google my friends. It's a major turn off when I can't separate someone from their obsessions, or when they seem incapable of talking about anything else. Similarly to above, these people tend to overuse "I" statements, and forget general etiquette when it's time to stop talking about themselves and see if the other person wants to share anything.

9. When peers of mine in a professional program like mental health counseling continually talk about drinking alcohol or using drugs. Uhm. First of all, there are major ethics they are violating, not to mention morals and values they should have. Second, this kind of behavior is extremely damaging should a client, a supervisor or a boss were to come across such disclosures. If you wouldn't tell your boss every time you are going out to get plastered, it's probably not a good idea to tell facebook. You never know who you friend anymore, and people are able to get access to things like this through indirect contact. We are all human, some of us like a drink at night to unwind. But it's totally unnecessary and unprofessional to make a facebook status each and every time we are consuming alcohol or other drugs. Seriously. Think for a moment.

10. When people lie and I am able to tell when they are lying. I was gifted with the ability to tell when someone is fabricating something. For instance, my brother keeps lying to me and my family about things he is doing. He likes to make up stories that he has these.... incredible, once in a life time experiences. But he keeps having them, and they keep getting more and more "incredible" as he goes. He also has really great excuses all the time for not showing up when he's supposed to be somewhere, or for not coming through with something that he has promised. Case in point: for my 25th birthday, my brother said he was going to get me this pug hat thing made of yarn that was totally adorable. I was excited to have it to wear for the rest of winter (my birthday was in January).... but I've come to the realization that he never purchased it. This "pug hat" doesn't exist except online. There have been many times since my birthday where I remind him that I'd really like to get my present now.... "hey, when you come for dinner next week, can you please remember my pug hat?" ... He's given me things since then like, he had an extra set of 5 lb dumbell weights, and he was able to remember to bring that to me the very next day. But I also asked him to bring me my pug hat too, and he was like "ohhhhh I totally forgot!" ... JEEZE. Stop lying and just own up to the fact that you WISH you had gotten it for me but you never did. Stop stop stop stop lying to me.

grr now I'm all flustered and in a bad mood..... not sure that this exercise was therapeutic LOL
  • HoppingHammy and emilystar like this

#330 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,383 posts

• My Dwarf(s):3

• Zodiac:

• Mood:

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:11 PM

Oh wow tinypixiexoxo. Can so much relate to mostly all of the peeves you put up. They are so very true. Posted Image

*When people are blunt and have no tact. There is a huge difference between being honest and being rude. I hate when people use the excuse of "I just say it as it is and don't candy coat things" for meaning that they are allowed to say something downright cruel, rude, or out of line. It's happened so many times on HH forum with pet advice and what not. It makes me sad and frustrated. Posted Image

*People who talk only about themselves and their interests, and are so caught up in what they are doing they never bother to care about anyone else. Even if they ask how you are doing, you can tell they clearly DON'T really care and are just making small talk. If you don't want to listen to my day, then please don't ask.

*Overly serious people who don't know when to loosen up, have fun, or share a joke. With that said, there is also the flip end of the spectrum - those who crack jokes during serious moments and the timing is all wrong and insensitive.

*Overuse of knowledge. I am a very simple-minded person and book knowledge (history, science, math, etc) are NOT my forte, so it's slightly frustrating trying to understand people who are always talking over my head, and sometimes it almost feels like a show of knowledge. I once knew an older gentleman, who had all these college degrees and job experiences, and felt that we could never just have a *normal* conversation without it always seeming like he was flaunting his smarts and experience to everyone. There is a time and place for knowledge in conversations.

*Constantly-pessimistic people. It's so draining to be around someone who always has some sort of drama or sad story going on, and is never happy about anything. I don't mean clinical depression, I just mean when people choose to view things in a negative light all the time. It starts to become habit and these are the very ones who probably grow up to be cranky, old seniors who complain about dogs pooping on their lawn or the fact it is raining and not sunny. Seriously, try and at least find ONE good thing to talk about. "Every day may not be good, but there is some good in every day."

*When people ask for advice but never take it. It's like they are searching for approval and when you don't give it, they do what they planned anyway or give excuses.

*Myself. Posted Image It bothers me tremendously every time I make a mistake, and I hate being so overly sensitive about everything, reading into situations too much, and not letting things just roll off my back. I also have this goal of the person I *want* to be, but just can't seem to quite get there 'cause I keep messing up. :disappointed: