Photo

New School Year Resolutions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 AccioGuitar

AccioGuitar

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:23 PM

So because school starts in a month for me I've decided to make a list of resolutions so I can hopefully go through the year with a LOT less stress.

1. Stay organized.
I'm just a disorganized person by nature. At home I can generally manage with the disorganization and for some odd reason I remember where the majority of my stuff is. At school it's a different story. Things disappear, papers get ripped, and something in my lunch ALWAYS opens and turns my backpack into a gross mess. I'm hoping it'll be different this year.

2. Don't procrastinate on homework. ESPECIALLY P.E. homework.
I tend to practice the bad habit of waiting till the last freakin minute to actually do an assignment which tends to lead to the downfall of my grades. P.E. homework is especially bad because it's my worst and most hated subject. I nearly came close to dropping below an A in it one quarter because I almost forgot to do an assignment. That probably sounds really snobby but I have always been a 4.0 student and to drop below that would devastating.

3. Study
I have never needed to seriously study for any subject. The most I've done is read through whatever handouts I've been given by a teacher and because my brain seems to be made out of sponge I just absorb it all. BUT, subjects are going to start getting harder and more complicated so I need to make a habit of studying.

So do any of you guys have resolutions? Post so I can read them.because.I.am.bored.

#2 Lucas

Lucas

Ninja Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 7,473 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:09 PM

Great topic!

I've actually already graduated high school as of June. However, I am going back in the fall to take physics 30 in order to be able to meet requirements for vet med. Physics is a hard class, and I am only going back to take it because it'll better my future. I hated that place all together and was super glad to be out, so I just have to remind myself I'm not there to socialize, I'm there to study hard and concentrate on this ONE class. I am not going to be working as much, and will have little extra things on my plate. This is the best opportunity for me as I refused to take summer school, lest I not understand the material and not be able to properly seek help should I need it. I didn't want to take an adult class, because it's like... 3 hours a night, and again, they speed you through it. Taking a full semester of it seemed like the best option. It'll take the longest, but at least I know the teacher well from physics 20.

I won't be taking required classes in university until next fall. Second semester I plan to pick up a basic english class and possibly a math class, and maybe art. I strive to do the same; buckle down and concentrate on nothing but my schooling. I only need to work part-time, and don't need to worry about paying rent or anything because I still live at home. I just hope this is really what I want to do... :\ I'd like to one day work in a zoo, not so much the small animal vet clinics. That's my goal.

#3 VanillaTea

VanillaTea

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:37 AM

Dudee. SAME. HERE.
Actually one day I couldn't find me homework when my math teacher asked for it and he was all like, "Show me your backpack."
My backpack is SUPER messy. Then when he sees it he is all like "THIS IS SO DISORGANISED. DO YOU PLAN ON GETTING MARRIED?!?!"
Me: Um...yea?
Him: leaves
Rest of class: laughing
Me: super confused.

Haha he always hated me...

I procrastinate but end up getting an A haha XD
I NEED to improve on math...XD

#4 Azayles

Azayles

Samurai Ham

• Members
  • 8,546 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:49 AM

I'd say "yes, but I'm not gonna be married in my backpack"

#5 AccioGuitar

AccioGuitar

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:29 AM

What does a backpack have to do with marriage?

#6 VanillaTea

VanillaTea

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:30 AM

Haha thats what I thought XD

#7 duckjustice

duckjustice

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,631 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:10 PM

I totally need this...

1. Stop settling for mediocrity - At school I never did, but last year at uni I was happy just to scrape by. There was one module I passed by a single mark, a lot of it was online assessments you could do over and over again, if I hadn't settled as soon as I got anything over 40 on them I would've done much better.

2. Do extra work - I only made it to the library last year when it was nearly my finals, I actually really like it in there and next year I'm going to go throughout the year.

3. Stop letting my friends lead me astray - Coming home at 4am when I have to be in lectures at 9? Leaving lab sessions to go to the pub? No more of that!

And most importantly 4. Stop skipping lectures, seriously £3k a year I'm paying to be there, not going to lectures is just a waste.

Lets see how many of these I actually go through with...

#8 Momiji

Momiji

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:52 PM

I want to:
1. Stop procrastinating- I kept doing this last year and even though I still got at least B's in all my classes it would be nice to have straight A's for once.
2. Study- I actually don't know how to study, the only studying I did was with index cards once to help memorize the parts of a plant cell and what they do. It actually worked but I don't know how to do that with every subject.
3. Be more organized.- Even though I'm always organized I want to be even more organized so I can find all of my things faster.
4. Work harder not quicker.- I seem to rush myself just to get the assignment out of the way but I realize that I could do so much better if I didn't rush.
5. Join clubs.- I haven't join any really and I'm going into junior year so I really need to start.
6. Plan ahead.- I need to start planning ahead of time more. I'm always juggling to do everything.
That's pretty much it. Hopefully I go through with this.

#9 princesshamster

princesshamster

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:38 AM

Going into middle school so I have a few :D :

♥ Dress my age- Time to get out of Gymeree and Children's Place and break into Holister :D

♥ Plan my time better- So many activities, so little time

♥ Get into the school play- Going to seriously need to brush up on my dance skills. OK, wait I take that back, I need to GET dance skills :P

♥ Make new friends- Going to be merging with 2 other elementary schools, that means 200+ people :P ek!

♥ Be my self!- I felt like in 5th grade I was trying to be someone who I wasn't

♥ HAVE FUN ;D

Edited by princesshamster, 30 July 2011 - 08:38 AM.

#10 AccioGuitar

AccioGuitar

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:44 AM

Going into middle school so I have a few :D :

♥ Dress my age- Time to get out of Gymeree and Children's Place and break into Holister :D

♥ Plan my time better- So many activities, so little time

♥ Get into the school play- Going to seriously need to brush up on my dance skills. OK, wait I take that back, I need to GET dance skills :P

♥ Make new friends- Going to be merging with 2 other elementary schools, that means 200+ people :P ek!

♥ Be my self!- I felt like in 5th grade I was trying to be someone who I wasn't

♥ HAVE FUN ;D

You're going to love middle school. There's so many things to do and clubs to join. A word of advice though, if your school doesn't supply you with one already, GET A PLANNER! Those things are lifesavers when it comes to homework and projects.

#11 Dingdong516

Dingdong516

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:19 AM

1. Stop procrastinating- I always procrastinate, and even though I pretty much always got straight A's, it's really stressful and it would be way easier if I just got all my homework done earlier.

2. Study for tests- last year I didn't study much for tests and I didn't get A's a lot...mostly B's. :(

3. Practice violin a lot- I just got violin lessons last December, and I made it to the auditioned freshman orchestra, but next year I want to try auditioning for the highest level orchestra. It would really mean a lot to me if I made it, and also because I want to show my mom that I can. Before I got violin lessons she was always like, "Julia (my sister) started violin WAY earlier than you and she didn't even get in the top orchestra, what makes you think you can?" She never liked violin and I do, that's why.

4. Make it onto the badminton team- I've been playing badminton for about three years, and it's the only sport I'm really good at and enjoy. I'm still trying to figure out how to convince my mom to let me go to a badminton camp so I don't get out of practice, or else I have NO chance of making it.

5. Be less shy- This year I don't have lunch with any of my friends, because of orchestra. It's kind of complicated, but basically, none of them are in the advanced orchestra class, and lunch is based on that because that's when we have mini group lessons. So I'm going to have to talk to other people and try to make new friends, because I don't want to be sitting alone.

#12 Luna

Luna

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:49 AM

- Stop the procrastonating. Even though procrastinating only effects me severely sometimes, it is a horrible habit.

- Meet new people and make new friends. I just figured out the old school bully is in my house...

- New clothes. Seriously, all I have is baggy green t-shirts.

- Stand up for myself. It'll make my life a ton easier.

- Be neat. You should see my room...

#13 Christmas_hamster

Christmas_hamster

Super Hero Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 21,332 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:39 AM

Hmmm, I'm starting University and I've been told to expect a huge workload sooo...

1. Don't get distracted. Get my work done, as I get it and don't let daily life and my new "freedom" distract me. I mostly want to apply this because, I don't want all of my work, etc left for the weekend when I could be at home instead.

2. Study. Like a crazy nerd machine.

3. Don't become a hermit. I can already picture myself not leaving my dorm except for class.... :P

#14 Dingdong516

Dingdong516

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:59 PM

CH, really? My sister just graduated college, and she said she had less homework than in high school. :scratchchin: