Photo

Orange topics .Vs. blue topics... AND... smileys!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 princesshamster

princesshamster

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:36 AM

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but...

What is the difference because the topics with the orange square and the blue square?

At first I thought orange was topics with at least 2 pages but there are some 1 page orange topics.
Next I thought it was stickied topics but some of my topics are orange so that can't be it.
Next I thought it was topics I've posted on but some are orange that I haven't posted on so what does it mean?

Next question:
Smiles

Lots of people have a like big smile in the top of their post. Like sometimes it's a heart sometimes it's a smile and sometimes it's a frown.

At first I thought it was only for mods but I've seen no-mods use them.

Next I thought you had to have at least some amount of posts but I've seen newbies use them...

Next I gave up with my thinking and decided to ask because I don't know how to do them or even if I am allowed to.

Thanks I been wondering since I joined and I finally asked today :D

#2 Christmas_hamster

Christmas_hamster

Super Hero Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 21,332 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:42 AM

The orange topics are "hot topics" meaning that they're busy, while others are not. If you scroll to the bottom of the board there is a legend, like here: http://hamsterhideout.com/forum/index.php?showforum=2 Just scroll right down and look on the right side. :)

I'm not sure what you mean exactly....

#3 princesshamster

princesshamster

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:47 AM

Oh, OK. one other question.

On the list where it says member on right now sometimes it will say google or yahoo and Bing and msn are on there. Does what mean like representatives from there are on, or what?

#4 Azayles

Azayles

Samurai Ham

• Members
  • 8,536 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:58 AM

I know exactly what you mean by the coloured squares! This Posted Image and this. Posted Image
I think orange means it's popular, whereas blue means it's less so.
The faded variants (this Posted Image and this Posted Image) means that thread has been read.
This Posted Image means the thread been closed, and this Posted Image means there's a poll.

I have no idea what this Posted Image, or this Posted Image is, or what these Posted Image Posted Image are.

There's a legend? Now you tell me! lol

Oh and I've never seen this one before. Posted Image

Oh, OK. one other question.

On the list where it says member on right now sometimes it will say google or yahoo and Bing and msn are on there. Does what mean like representatives from there are on, or what?

Those are robots :-)
Programs designed to trawl through webspace looking for content for their respective sites.

#5 Plushie

Plushie

Popstar Ham

• Members
  • 4,852 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:58 AM

Just adding on to what Chris said:
I believe the folder is blue if under a page, and orange if 2 or more pages.
The folder with the little clip thing Posted Image Posted Image means you've posted in the thread.
You can click the Posted Image to go to the last unread (by you) post in the thread. Very handy for threads that are getting popular or have lots of replies since you last clicked on it.
No idea what Posted Image is though. I don't think I've ever noticed it!
I'm guessing Posted Image means the thread's been moved to another board.

And for the Google, Yahoo, Bing/MSN, I think those are automated bots that scour the forum for related content. There used to be a few bots that would post any hamster related news from news sites, but really it just posted anything with the word "hamster" in it, so it wasn't very relevant most of the time :P

Edited by Plushie, 21 July 2011 - 06:00 AM.

#6 Azayles

Azayles

Samurai Ham

• Members
  • 8,536 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:04 AM

The folder with the little clip thing Posted Image Posted Image means you've posted in the thread.
You can click the Posted Image to go to the last unread (by you) post in the thread. Very handy for threads that are getting popular or have lots of replies since you last clicked on it.

Ahaaa! :D

No idea what Posted Image is though.

Awww.. :sad:

#7 Plushie

Plushie

Popstar Ham

• Members
  • 4,852 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:08 AM

It looks like a little electronic mushroom to me :P

#8 Azayles

Azayles

Samurai Ham

• Members
  • 8,536 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:11 AM

I just found out from here that Posted Image means it's a topic you're watching.

#9 princesshamster

princesshamster

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:11 AM

It looks like a little electronic mushroom to me :P

It looks more like a little radio wave to me... :scratchchin:

I used to know what it meant...

Oh yes! I think you click that when you want to follow that topic [follow means you get an email whenever a new post has been posted there :D ]

#10 bleu_emeraude

bleu_emeraude

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:21 AM

Lots of people have a like big smile in the top of their post. Like sometimes it's a heart sometimes it's a smile and sometimes it's a frown.

If the smileys that you mean is the smile face like I do it here, you can add it when you click the "add reply" button, or on new thread that you initiate. It doesn't apply for the "fast reply".
Click the "add reply" and there at the bottom of your writing box there's this "Option". Click on the "Click to configure post option", and there is "Post icon" over there, and you can choose the emoticon.

Edited by snugglemom, 21 July 2011 - 08:24 AM.

#11 Azayles

Azayles

Samurai Ham

• Members
  • 8,536 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:38 AM

I've never noticed that! Handy :D

#12 princesshamster

princesshamster

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:53 AM

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! THIS IS SO COOL :D

#13 Buttercup Bento

Buttercup Bento

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:06 PM

Ah has this worked?? :scratchchin:

Edit: It seems it did. Yay!! :propeller:

Edited by Buttercup Bento, 23 July 2011 - 11:06 PM.

#14 MilkyFactory

MilkyFactory

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:41 PM

Oooh I like this smiley thing!