Photo

New Host for Hamster Hideout!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#16 wiffy

wiffy

Ninja Ham

• Admin Team
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:35 PM

the smiley in my siggy could not be displayed. I wonder if it's related to the shifting? :gardener:

#17 dusty

dusty

Popstar Ham

• Admin Team
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:12 PM

the smiley in my siggy could not be displayed. I wonder if it's related to the shifting? :gardener:

Fixed it for you :)

#18 Azayles

Azayles

Samurai Ham

• Members
  • 8,541 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:46 AM

aw. I wanted to change my name to princesshamster but it was already taken. Oh and good point luci! :D

Clare, PM Dusty about it, see if he'll let you have to unused Princesshamster account. Worth an ask :-)

Edit to add:
It doesn't look like "princesshamster" has any posts, either. Either she set the account up, then abandoned it, or she was banned.

Edited by Azayles, 03 June 2011 - 01:50 AM.

#19 hamsterfanTLH

hamsterfanTLH

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 772 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:51 AM

Yayyy! That's awesome.

#20 Azayles

Azayles

Samurai Ham

• Members
  • 8,541 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:28 AM

If I chose to link my Facebook to HH for the purposes of status update syncing, will my HH username (as it appears on the forums, not the login) still remain the same, or will it be changed to "Chris Jennings"?

#21 dusty

dusty

Popstar Ham

• Admin Team
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:25 PM

If I chose to link my Facebook to HH for the purposes of status update syncing, will my HH username (as it appears on the forums, not the login) still remain the same, or will it be changed to "Chris Jennings"?

Sorry I missed your post. I have not tried it personally but from what I have read, you would be able to have a different display name for the forum so it need not be the same as your facebook name.

#22 Azayles

Azayles

Samurai Ham

• Members
  • 8,541 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:55 PM

Thanks, Dusty :-)
I've since linked my facebook to my HH and it works well ^_^
A problem I've noticed though is if you link the accounts so status are synchronised in both directions, one the status from facebook will update the one on HH, and vice versa, in an endless loop :P

#23 dusty

dusty

Popstar Ham

• Admin Team
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:14 AM

A problem I've noticed though is if you link the accounts so status are synchronised in both directions, one the status from facebook will update the one on HH, and vice versa, in an endless loop :P

You are welcome :)

I see. Hmm, that sounds like it is working as intended. I mean, shouldn't we set it to synchronise in one direction only?

#24 Azayles

Azayles

Samurai Ham

• Members
  • 8,541 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:18 AM

I think that's the problem, really it's only good if it's set for one direction, otherwise every fifteen minutes (or whatever the facebook to HH sync time is) HH is updated with a new status over and over :P