Photo

How to remove a Karlie Wonderland wheel from it's stand?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#16 Azayles

Azayles

Samurai Ham

• Members
  • 8,544 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:34 PM

No worries! Glad to be of service :D

#17 TheFeldhamster

TheFeldhamster

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:53 AM

I've never seen the Wonderland wheels used without the stand. I'd probably put the wheel on a platform to save space. I would not saw off anything though. You never know when you might want to use it with the stand again. I like the idea of the hooks and running screws through the hooks - but I'd rather use something more stable. Those hook thingies are a bit flimsy. Eg. get a (uuhhh, my vocabulary fails me) hmmm, I mean these pieces of metal that are bent 90 degrees and have holes in them - angle irons? You know, the stuff used to connect two pieces of wood together. Then run real screws into the stand of the wheel, attach one angle iron left and one on the right and then use the screws and wingnuts.

#18 MilkyFactory

MilkyFactory

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:01 AM

I see what you mean, I guess it would make it more resistant.
I'm sure I'll be able to find those! (I don't know the english name either). :laughing:

#19 Azayles

Azayles

Samurai Ham

• Members
  • 8,544 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:52 AM

I've never seen the Wonderland wheels used without the stand. I'd probably put the wheel on a platform to save space. I would not saw off anything though. You never know when you might want to use it with the stand again. I like the idea of the hooks and running screws through the hooks - but I'd rather use something more stable. Those hook thingies are a bit flimsy. Eg. get a (uuhhh, my vocabulary fails me) hmmm, I mean these pieces of metal that are bent 90 degrees and have holes in them - angle irons? You know, the stuff used to connect two pieces of wood together. Then run real screws into the stand of the wheel, attach one angle iron left and one on the right and then use the screws and wingnuts.

I think I know what you mean. These?

Posted Image

Don't think there's a specific name for them, angle iron sounds about right :)

#20 TheFeldhamster

TheFeldhamster

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:39 AM

Azayles, similar to the pic you showed but I meant some that are bent another way. Like THIS So that you could screw them to the side of the stand and have the other side flat towards the bars of the cage.

#21 Azayles

Azayles

Samurai Ham

• Members
  • 8,544 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:43 AM

Ooh I see :-) They'd work better than the other ones, too.