Photo

Compact camera recommendations?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,377 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:08 AM

Hi everyone! :wave:

I currently have a Canon 20D SLR camera and love it! It has all the fancy lenses and such to go with it. However, oftentimes I'm out and about and would like to have a tiny camera (think small/flat enough to fit in a purse?) to take impromptu shots.

Do you have any recommendations on a certain model that you like? I know enough about cameras and plan to research as well, but it's always nice to have people's personal recommendations. :) It would be very appreciated if you could share what you use and how you like it.

Thanks!

#2 Azayles

Azayles

Samurai Ham

• Members
  • 8,536 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:34 AM

This is my current digital camera. Very compact and great quality photos!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000NNXAS8
Posted Image

#3 MilkyFactory

MilkyFactory

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:05 AM

My digital camera is great, I'm really happy with it.
It's tiny, really easy to use and takes pictures like this or this for example, which is a decent quality for a digital camera.

It's an Olympus FE370:

Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by MilkyFactory, 16 April 2011 - 03:12 AM.

#4 rhapsody

rhapsody

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Moderator Team
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:54 AM

I use a Kodak Easyshare, and I've gotten great pics with it on outings. Hamster photoshoots, not so much - I'm hoping to upgrade in the near future.

Not sure of the model (I got the cheapest one of course), but it looks like this:

Posted Image

#5 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,377 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:05 PM

Thank you for your personal recommendations everyone! I have been looking into these and bookmarked them on Amazon to further review. :)

#6 Azayles

Azayles

Samurai Ham

• Members
  • 8,536 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:32 PM

I've just seen an advert for Nikon with a kitten riding a tortoise! Super cute!!
Now you have to get that one :D

#7 Jaybee

Jaybee

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Banned
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:17 PM

Love my camera. It's nice and small. 14.2 mp. HD video. I love all the settings, and I cant wait to use it today! I have it in pink.
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DSC-W350-Digital-Stabilization-Blue/dp/B00328HR6W
Posted Image

#8 cinnamon

cinnamon

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:23 PM

I have this camera. It goes for like $250 apparently though. (Got mine for Christmas.) It's a really good camera, but it doesn't have much of an optical zoom. (3x.) I'd recommend it, but you might want to see if you could get it cheaper :P (Don't know your price range...) (I am not a good photographer and this is really good with making me look a heck of a lot better!)

#9 Elli-Kodi'sMommy

Elli-Kodi'sMommy

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Banned
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:01 AM

I am in love with my Sony cybershot. They just came out with a new one thats 14.2 MP ... Mines only 8.2 . But its a very nice size not too small but not too big. it does AMAZING outdoor shots and indoor is great too :D I highly recommend it its simple and turns on fast which is great for impromptu shots. Only thing is with mine ( its 2 years old they may have fixed it with the newer ones) It takes a second to snap the shot.

#10 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,377 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:26 AM

Thanks again everyone for taking the time to post your recommendations! I finally bit the bullet and ordered this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00328HR76 Look at the fantastic sale on it too! :party: I wasn't even looking for anything with all those bells and whistles, but since it was on sale, who can resist?

It's due to arrive tomorrow and I'm especially looking forward to trying out the panorama sweep feature. I'll post back with sample images of it once it gets here. :)

#11 Azayles

Azayles

Samurai Ham

• Members
  • 8,536 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 08:13 AM

I was thinking of getting this one.

Posted Image

Comes with a free disgruntled-looking camera guy :-)

#12 Christmas_hamster

Christmas_hamster

Super Hero Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 21,332 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:17 PM

The camera sounds pretty great HH. :)

Azayles: disgruntled? The guy looks murderous, lol.

#13 Azayles

Azayles

Samurai Ham

• Members
  • 8,536 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 05:55 PM

"I will kill you! I will kill you ALL with my camera!!"
"Muahahahahaa!!!"

#14 HoppingHammy

HoppingHammy

Master Chef Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 9,377 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:51 AM

Aww darn! I TOTALLY should have bought that one instead. :disappointed: It would have fit so well in my purse too. And a free disgruntled/murderous man as a bonus? I MISSED A GREAT DEAL. AMAZON YOU'VE DISAPPOINTED ME!!!!!!!!

:cheeky:

#15 Azayles

Azayles

Samurai Ham

• Members
  • 8,536 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:59 AM

You are disappoint lol.
It probably wouldn't fit in your bag, but it doesn't matter 'cause the camera guy gets to carry it around ALL DAY :P
That's why he's looking so pleased in that picture ^_^