Photo

Intolerance to certain foods?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lucas

Lucas

Ninja Ham

• Moderator Team
  • 7,473 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:53 PM

For as long as I can remember, I seem to have trouble eating and digesting many foods. My doctor diagnosed me with IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) when I was 15-16. Basically, it was a stress-induced problem. Now I live with it on a daily basis. Spicy, overly sweet, salty, garlicy, acidic and even dry foods give me heartburn. And the heartburn is brought about quite instantly with most of them. Basically, after I eat any meal I am stricken with the terrible burning-acid sensation all the way up into the back of my throat. I've had this for probably longer than I have been told I had IBS. I eat so many Rolaids, and I was perscribed that Zantak ( the one from the commercials ), but nothing at all has worked. I really want to talk to my mom about it, but I know she'll just tell me I'm overracting. I spent so much time at the doctor, test after test done to see if there was anything "medically" wrong with me, but there never was. Now every time I say I feel "sick" she tells me I overract, and to suck it up. I love having a nurse for a mom... she takes everything so seriously. :rolleyes: It's like, if I'm not bleeding, I'm good to go.

So I'm wondering if anyone else finds this weird, that a 14 year old was suffering from chronic heartburn, and here I at at 17--months off from 18-- and still suffering. Nothing works. I try drinking milk, it doesn't help. Rolaids/Tums are always in my backpack, doesn't last long enough. I want to know of any easy home remedies anyone knows about. This really sucks, and I do not want anymore doctor visits.

#2 Myia09

Myia09

Baby Hamster

• 43 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:42 AM

I don't have any suggestions for you, but I know how frustrating it can be to have food intolerance. I have a problem when gluten and sugar mix. Basically, donuts, waffles, pancakes, cake, cookies, ect make me extremely sick. The SMELL of donuts makes me nauseous. Since I get sick, I don't have any cravings for them, but they are constantly offered to me, and if I decline and tell them why, I get a 30 minute "Oh that is so horrible! Donuts are so good I feel bad for you."

Which is totally understandable, but it gets old..not to mention when I tell them I have no desire for them they look at me like I am stupid, LOL.

But one time my Mother in Law didn't believe me either...so I ate one slice of french toast. Then I proceeded five minutes later, still at the table, to puke on the plate. She now is very understanding. LOL