Pet Expo @ the OC Fairgrounds - April 15-17th 2011
Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:24 AM
In order to make this event possible, the CHA relies on volunteers to man the booth and help educate people about all things hamster. Enthusiastic volunteers are needed, all that is required is a willingness to learn and the ability to spend at least 4 hours in the booth talking to people about hamsters. Volunteers will receive free admission to the expo on the day they volunteer. For details email [email protected]
i went last year and helped out a little bit. i brought nano, and she got her nails trimmed. i am hoping to be able to help out this year as well. the pet expo is a lot of fun. there are tons of different animals there. super pet is even there and have "hamster cage building contests" using their parts. i won some free CT stuff from that.
Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:01 PM
F A C T S H E E T
WHAT: World’s largest pet and pet product expo returns to Orange County. Over 1,000 animals including dogs, cats, equine, birds, fish, llamas, pot bellied pigs, goats, rats, reptiles, rabbits, miniature horses and more are on display in stage shows, competitions & demonstrations. Thousands of pet products for sale at special show prices. Plenty of animal experts, pet
adoptions, hands-on petting and learning opportunities.
WHEN: April 15-16-17, 2011 Fri. 10:00a.m. to 6:00p.m., Sat. 10:00a.m. to 7:00p.m., Sun. 10:00a.m. to 6:00p.m.
WHERE: OC Fair & Event Center, 88 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa 92626
(Take the 405 Freeway to Fairview exit, or 5 Freeway to the 55 South to Del Mar/Fair exit).
For public information: (800) 999-7295, www.PetExpoOC.org.
TICKETS: General Admission – $12.00. Seniors 60 & over – $10.00. Children 6-12 – $6.00. 5 yrs and under – Free. General Admission tickets may be purchased at a $2 discount online at www.PetExpoOC.org.
WHO: Created, produced and managed by World Pet Association, Inc., a 60-year-old national nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting responsible pet care.
PET PRODUCT SHOPPING MART: Thousands of Items from major manufacturers and retailers on sale at special show prices!
Toys and Games Grooming Products Travel Products Bedding Exercise Equipment Leashes/Collars Housing/Playpens Pet Safety Products Learning Devices Clothing and Jewelry Gift Items Accessories Gourmet Pet Foods Educational Materials Health & Nutrition Ponds & Aquariums Training Equipment Plus much more…
2011 ENTERTAINMENT INCLUDED:
- Splash Dogs Kids’ Aquarium Contest Small/Large Animal Displays/Education Dog Fancy Parade of Adoptable Darlings Face Painting Creepy Crawly Critter Show
- Free Flight Bird Show CFA Cat Show and Education Equine Events - New this year!
- Exotic Animal Display Pet Adoptions ▪ Lukas, The World’s Smartest Horse
- Petting Zoo and Pony Rides Urban Mushing Demonstrations ▪ Painted Ladies Rodeo Riders
- Dog Training with Renee Scottie Agility Demonstrations ▪ Valley View Vaulters
- Police & Search Dog Demonstrations Parade of Dog Breeds ▪ Cal Poly Arabian Horses
- Bird, Fish, and Reptile Displays/Education ▪ All American Mule & Donkey Group
- Extreme Doggie Makeovers and Grooming ▪ Meet “Seabiscuit”
- Construct A Critter Trail ® Connectable Cage Competition ▪ Friesian Fantasia, Meet the Knights
- Iams/Eukanuba – P&G Pet Care presents – Popovich Comedy Pet Theater and Ladies of the Realm
Edited by Jaybee, 17 February 2011 - 12:06 PM.
Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:50 PM
Get pictures if you can, if you go!
Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:57 PM
Bah I want to go! :/ Too bad I'm so far, hmmm I wonder when the next pet expo here is.....
Get pictures if you can, if you go!
I'll try to get as many pictures as I can! As far as I know, I'll be volunteering at the CHA booth on Saturday.
I want to make a posterboard about bin cages to put up on display at the booth. I emailed her and asked her if I could do it.
Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:25 PM
Every person who enters a hamster in our show on Saturday will receive free entrance to the Expo. Entries are due Monday, April 11th, and this link has entry information.
And here is a link to the Pet Expo information.
As usual, the Pet Expo has a lot of fun and interesting things planned, and it's always easy to spend a day enjoying the Expo.
We hope you've marked your calendars! We hope to see everyone there!
Posted 09 April 2011 - 01:00 PM