Photo

HH Forum Upgrade: Forum built-in Blog and Gallery to be discontinued

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 dusty

dusty

Popstar Ham

• Admin Team
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:03 PM

Hello everyone,

Hamster Hideout Forum will be undergoing a major upgrade very soon. Due to very low utilization, we have decided to discontinue the use of the Forum's built-in blog and gallery.

Content on the above two links will be deleted after the upgrade so if you wish to make backups, you should do so now. Sorry for the inconvenience caused to the HH members who are currently using these features. Members wishing to upload their hamster photos should continue to use their favourite hosting sites such as flickr and photobucket.

The official Hamster Hideout Blog will continue to operate on:
http://hamsterhideout.com/blog/

Stay tune for exciting new features in the upgraded HH Forum, more details to follow soon! Thank you for your understanding! Meanwhile, continue to love your hammies and have fun here!

#2 Christmas_hamster

Christmas_hamster

Super Hero Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 21,332 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:56 AM

Am I a bad staff member for not even knowing that we had a gallery? o.0 I had no idea about it. :P

Thanks for doing so much to make this forum awesome!

#3 dusty

dusty

Popstar Ham

• Admin Team
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:07 AM

Am I a bad staff member for not even knowing that we had a gallery? o.0 I had no idea about it. :P

Thanks for doing so much to make this forum awesome!

Haha, all the more we should remove it. Posted Image I think with the increasing popularity of community-based sites such as flickr and facebook, we are much better off just using those to share pictures.

Thanks for your support! We are looking to put in a lot of improvements to HH this year, in order to make it even more fun and useful for the hamster-loving community!

#4 Peanut123

Peanut123

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:17 AM

will there be any change to the hh blog? with hamster tails and such?

#5 Plushie

Plushie

Popstar Ham

• Members
  • 4,852 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:10 AM

The official Hamster Hideout Blog will continue to operate on:
http://hamsterhideout.com/blog/

Yes, the official HH blog will keep going :)