Photo

What kind of hamster do I have?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 pandalovergirl

pandalovergirl

Baby Hamster

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:04 AM

I bought my hamster at a pet store 2 weeks ago and im not sure what breed she is. The pet store person just said "these are the hamsters." The sign on the cage said "Hamsters $15" It didn't tell a breed. Please help me! :( I can't figure out how to post a pic of her but she is light brown and dark brown with a white underside. Please tell me how to post pics and i will so you can see her. Thank you soooo much! :'( :crybuckets: :'( :gloomy:

Edited by pandalovergirl, 07 February 2010 - 07:14 AM.

#2 Christmas_hamster

Christmas_hamster

Super Hero Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 21,332 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:13 AM

Links for posting pictures:
Posting Pictures from the internet: http://hamsterhideout.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5025
Posting Pictures from a host site (photobucket): http://hamsterhideout.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5030

Try searching google images for a similar looking hamster, if it's easier that way. Usually when they have no name for the species, then the hamster is a Syrian. But some pet stores are different.

#3 pandalovergirl

pandalovergirl

Baby Hamster

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:15 AM

I'll Try That Thanks. :)

I can't get either of those to work!! I don't know what to do!!! :crybuckets: :crybuckets: :'( :'( :crybuckets: :crybuckets: :'( :'(

Edited by Christmas_hamster, 08 February 2010 - 06:02 AM.

#4 Christmas_hamster

Christmas_hamster

Super Hero Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 21,332 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 02:23 PM

Can you try just getting the link of the picture then perhaps? You just right click the image (from the google search) and go to properties. From there highlight the URL and then right click that and click 'copy'. Then just come here and right click in the reply box and then click 'paste'. The link (URL) should be in the reply box.

It's tricky at first, I know. But I learned so much here that has helped me all over the internet. :)

Edited by Christmas_hamster, 07 February 2010 - 02:23 PM.

#5 pandalovergirl

pandalovergirl

Baby Hamster

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:03 AM

Posted Image I got it!!! My hamster looks sorta like this but smaller.

#6 Christmas_hamster

Christmas_hamster

Super Hero Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 21,332 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 03:54 AM

Syrian. If he's the same colour then he is considered a Golden/Agouti Syrian. :)

A lot of pet stores call them regular, normal, original hamsters. And depending on colour and fur type they are also often labeled as panda, teddy bear, black bear and polar bear hamsters along with many other odd names. These are all nicknames that pet stores have made up usually to try and make more money.

#7 pandalovergirl

pandalovergirl

Baby Hamster

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 03:58 AM

The pet store said they were regular hamsters so i just took it as that was what they were called. Thanks a lot!!! :D

#8 abe_fourteen

abe_fourteen

Baby Hamster

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:30 PM

I have a two teddy bear hamster. But how do I know which behavior they have they're not dwarf hamsters are they syrian? :hamster1: :hamster2:

#9 Christmas_hamster

Christmas_hamster

Super Hero Ham

• Off-Duty Crew
  • 21,332 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:59 AM

Teddy Bear hamsters are long haired syrians. 'Teddy Bear' is a nick name used by pet stores to try and make more money. Be sure that your hamsters do not live together. Syrians are anti-social creatures and should live alone. Putting them together can cause them to fight or become so stressed that they fall ill.