Photo

Gagging cough?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Plushie

Plushie

Popstar Ham

• Members
  • 4,852 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:28 AM

Is it only me who gets those really bad gagging moments? It feels like I have something small stuck in my throat, and it doesn't really itch but it pesters me, and eventually I get a feeling that I want to gag. And my face gets red and my eyes start getting watery, and it's just so uncomfortable. Any ideas or what this may be/what I can do to stop it, and does anyone else get it? I just had a really bad one and I had to stand over the sink, splashing water over my face and gagging until it stopped... ._.;; It only happens when I've been sick with a cough/other illness that gives me a cough.

If it's of any help, I've been sick for two weeks with that my doctor thinks is the swine flu, but I'm almost better from it. I think it's caused due to allergies or something.

The thing is, I normally wouldn't be bothered by this at home, but it gets very annoying at school...especially in classes. I don't think that having a red, crying face and looking like I'm coughing a lung up would go over very well with my classmates. xD

#2 DomesticWitch

DomesticWitch

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:45 AM

I get this - it's awful! I went to the doctors last year about it, all he did was shrug and mumble at me... Mine seems to be brought on by anxiety though, hoping that once that gets sorted out the gaggine cough will stop.

Soothers seem to help a little bit but nothing else has helped me - sorry I can't be of any more help!