Photo

House of Night Series

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 hammie_ham

hammie_ham

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:38 AM

So I recently got into this one series called the House of Night Series. I think it is an amazing series and I’ve never been this into a book. Today Tempted (the 6th installment) was released and I made sure I got it before anyone else of course. Right now I’m only 40 pages into the book but so far it is already so amazing. If you have never heard of this series or you have and just thought it was a Twilight Saga copy, I can guarantee you its not. In my opinion, I think its better and more interesting than Twilight. So yes, I really recommend you go pick up the series. The first book is called Marked just in case you were wondering and its written by a college professor and her daughter P.C. and Kristin Cast. Go buy it or check it out at the library…NOW!

TEAM STARK FTW!

Lol I'm a die hard Stark fan! Read the series and you will understand!

#2 Rosie_rose

Rosie_rose

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 923 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:58 AM

the book is amazing, p.c. cast and kristen cast are one of the most amazing mother daughter authors ive ever read about. which book did u start with?

ive been into the series since it first came out. im disapointed that they brought the characters alive on the website, (which are now on the inside of the covers of the hardback series) with this kind of book, its better to take the details of the characters and imagine them how u think they should be, rather than going to the website... and seeing whom they think resemble the characters.

marked, chosen, betrayed, untamed, hunted and tempted

the line up. (so far)

and my faveorite series :)

#3 lilham

lilham

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:28 AM

Oh, I've heard of those books! This girl in my class is reading one of them, Betrayed. I'll have to read it.
And in my opinion, Twilight Saga was kind of boring =/ So many boring parts. Hehe.
So the first one is Marked by P.C. cast and Kristen cast right?

#4 Rosie_rose

Rosie_rose

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 923 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:51 AM

yea
marked is a dark pink color
chosen is a lighter pink (like salom)
betrayed is blue
untamed is lighter looking purple
hunted is a orange
tempted is a green color

each series has a color

(totally <cheese>ed that the newer ones are all going to be hardback// all mine are paperback since i started out when it first appeard.. i think i have to invest in buying the hardback)

#5 hammie_ham

hammie_ham

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:14 AM

Yeah I started reading them at the beginning of summer before the hard covers came out. I started with Marked as well. I hate starting a series when I haven't read the first books. That's just not right and its lazy in my opinion.

I also don't like how they put the characters like that either because 1st, i think they are all too old for the characters in the book, especially Zoey and I don't think they match the way they were described in the books very well. Lol a 3rd reason is that I really want them to make a movie out of the series (even though it will probably ruin it lol) and like the characters would probably be different than what you expected.

I'm sad though, I just realized I'm almost done with Tempted. :(
Then I will just have to read the series over again because there is nothing after...well right now that is!

#6 Rosie_rose

Rosie_rose

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 923 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:54 AM

thats how i felt ! lol all sad because i just couldnt get enough, i would always stop a chapter to the end until i bought the next novel, its totally perserving the moment until the next one,

if u like this series, i think u might like Vampire Kisses by SCHREBER - last name.
if u havent heard of it, its a novel and manga - they just started coming out with new covers (to attract more people)
the books with the covers, has the first three of the series in it "vampire kisses - the begining" < first book. i think u might like it.

its about a girl who lives in a preppy town, but shes the "odd" ball because shes a gothic who wishes she was a vampire, then a new family moves into this mansion, and she thinks they are vampires, which they are.

its totally awesome

:] i hear they are thnking of making a movie out of Vampire Kisses.

if they make a movie out of House of Night, i'll probley be disapointed in the people they pick, but id probley love it anyways lol
(and get really annoyed with all those "im reading the books because the movie is out" people)

#7 lilham

lilham

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:51 AM

yeah i really hate when great books turn into movies and the characters look nothing like the way you picture them! but actually twilight did a pretty good job with choosing the characters.

so is this series about vampires? just curious because i don't actually know what the books r about... my friend might lend the series to me. :) and no spoilers please!!! lol

#8 Rosie_rose

Rosie_rose

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 923 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:55 AM

no worries! i didnt say any spoilers! :] its a sum up that is on the back of the first novel -- i have spoilers.

but yes it is about vampires

i never read the Twilight saga, i was reading House of Night instead xD but i did buy twilight, but as i was about to read it, since i was waiting for the next novel to come out, the movie was showing trailers... soo i didnt want to fall under the "ur reading it because of the movie" category

#9 hammie_ham

hammie_ham

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 05:10 PM

Omg i finished it a while ago and I was so sad with the end. It made me cry lol. That's all I'm going to say because I don't want to ruin it for anyone else. Too sad though...

#10 missa-hammy

missa-hammy

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:41 AM

I am absoutley in LOVE wiht this series. I read the whole Twilight saga and I found that it was boring for the most part but I read Marked in a week off and on. It was soo good I just dident want to put it down but I had to go around my busy schedule.I also started out in the paper backs so now its going to look weird to have some in paper back and some in hard cover but oh well. I absoutley recomend this series, When I am reading one of the books and I know that I have something planned so I have to get to it ill be like ok only one more chapter and it turns into like four lol, but that is becasue it is just that good.

#11 hammie_ham

hammie_ham

Ultimate Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:10 AM

I am absoutley in LOVE wiht this series. I read the whole Twilight saga and I found that it was boring for the most part but I read Marked in a week off and on. It was soo good I just dident want to put it down but I had to go around my busy schedule.I also started out in the paper backs so now its going to look weird to have some in paper back and some in hard cover but oh well. I absoutley recomend this series, When I am reading one of the books and I know that I have something planned so I have to get to it ill be like ok only one more chapter and it turns into like four lol, but that is becasue it is just that good.

Yeah I tried reading Twilight but it was just too boring for me to get past the first few chapters. Plus once the movies started coming out it just got really cheesy lol.
I can't wait for the new book to come out! I'm sad though because I recently moved and all my books are at my Dad's house still. :(
Not only that but my boyfriend's dog chewed up the first book! I was so mad!!

#12 Tlreslyae

Tlreslyae

Junior Hamster

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:02 AM

I love this series SOOOOOO much, it's the best series I've read!I agree that the end of Tempted is sad.I was wondering if Burned is out yet.It says in the end of Tempted that it is coming soon but I don't know if it is out yet.