Photo

Skillet

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 DolphinDreamer

DolphinDreamer

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:59 AM

I recently got the new Skillet cd called "Awake". It came out on August 25th and I have been listening to it ever since then. I just absolutly love the new cd. Skillet is one of my favorite bands too. My favorite songs on the new album are "Monster", "Awake", and "Never Surrender". Has anyone else gotten this cd, or does anyone else like Skillet?

#2 clane10

clane10

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 460 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:55 PM

i haven't gotten the album yet.

but i really like them.

i might be seeing them sometime in november! :]

and something i find cool, a friend of mine, well her boyfriend's cousin is the drummer in skillet!

#3 DolphinDreamer

DolphinDreamer

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:30 AM

Its a really good album. And your so lucky you get to go see them. I want to go see them one day but they are always doing concerts too far away. And that is so cool that your friend's boyfriends cousin is the drummer of Skillet! Is it the new drummer or the old one? The old drummer was Lori and the new drummer is Jen. Jen became the drummer in 2008.

Also I was wondering about your signature. Is that a picture of Shaun Morgan from Seether?

#4 eyesonlyhacker

eyesonlyhacker

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 01:39 AM

Yeah I got the new album after it came out. While Awake is good though in its own rights I just feel its lacking compared to their Comatose album. It just seems to miss the emotional drive their last CD had. I think part of it has to do with the change of drummers. Don't get me wrong. Jen Ledger is really good. Perhaps one of the best young drummers under 20 to come out of England this decade. But she is just not the artist that Lori Peters was. I guess I just got used to a Skillet with Lori behind the drums and just haven't warmed up to the new sound.

But as in Comatose you can defiantly here the Dream Theater and Motley Crue influence that hand John Cooper's new style so great. And of course his love of 80' power ballads was more prevalent in Awake.

#5 DolphinDreamer

DolphinDreamer

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:01 AM

Yeah, I do have more favorite songs from Comatose than Awake. I thought Awake was kind of cool though with Jen singing, but I also miss Korey singing. Comatose was such a great album but they can't make the same album twice. I like how Awake is still similar to Comatose, but it does have some different stuff. Monster, Never Surrender, and Awake and Alive, are my favoite songs from Awake. I know what you mean about the emotion in there songs from Comatose, thats one of the reasons i loved Comatose so much. Skillets older music is awesome too, but it has changed so much since their first, self titled album came out in 1996. I actually like the Collide album alot too.

Speaking of the 80's power ballads. I think its funny how John describes "Your's To Hold" as being a power ballad. I love that song. Have you ever heard the version of that song in concert, its on youtube. In concert when they play that song Jen and Korey sing more of it.

I sometimes feel like a Skillet encyclopedia, haha :D

I was wondering, do you have an account on the Panhead website, which is the official fan club for Skillet?

#6 eyesonlyhacker

eyesonlyhacker

Rookie Hamster

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 12:48 PM

I haven't seen them in concert since Spirit West Coast '06. They were a blast, even had the chance to talk with John for about five minutes. Is the one on youtube you talking about from their Comatose comes alive concert? Because I have that DVD just haven't had the chance to watch all of it yet.

#7 DolphinDreamer

DolphinDreamer

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 03:46 AM

I've never seem them in concert but I would love too. And yeah i think it is also on the Comatose Comes Alive DVD. I am hoping to get that DVD for Christmas so i havent seen the DVD yet. And thats so cool that you got to talk to John! I would love to see them in concert and then be able to meet them. That would be awesome. They aren't playing any concerts near me anytime soon though.

#8 Mint Griffiths

Mint Griffiths

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:17 AM

I only have like, 4 songs songs on my cpu by Skillet...
Open Wounds
Invincible
Savior
Whispers In The Dark
I not much for downloading english songs on my computer on more of a J-rock person.

#9 StarrySora

StarrySora

Adult Hamster

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:55 AM

My sister loves Skillet, I'll be honest, I'm not a fan. I like J-Rock/J-Pop bands and bands like Genesis, Pat Benatar, ect. I'm still waiting for Michelle Branch's new CD.

#10 GangstaGirl

GangstaGirl

Veteran Hamster

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:51 AM

OMG I love skillet!!! One of the best bands ever! If you like skillet, check out Thousand Foot Krutch. They are DA BOMB!!!! I LOVE YOU, TREVOR MCNEVAN!!!! <3 WHOOO! lol

#11 DolphinDreamer

DolphinDreamer

Full-Fledged Hamster

• Members
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:00 AM

Thousand Foot Krutch and Skillet are both my most favorite two bands of all! :D That is so awesome that you love TFK too....most people have never heard of them, lol. And yes Trevor McNevan is awesome! ♥ He is soooooooo cute! I wish Skillet and TFK would tour together again one day! I would love to see them both in concert. :)