Photo

My Hamster is bleeding from the anus and a lump has appeared!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 mufc4lyf101

mufc4lyf101

Baby Hamster

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:46 PM

Hi, I have a Roborovski which is about 2 years old, I realised that it had started bleeding from the anus yesterday. The day before, we fed it a small amount of cucumber, is this related in any way? :undecided:
I also noticed this morning that a lump has appeared on its chest area and I am now slightly worried, can anyone help?

#2 missPixy

missPixy

Angelic Ham

• Advisor
  • 12,963 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:33 PM

the cucumber may have something to do with the bleeding, but i'd say there would
have to be other pre-existing conditions for the small amount of cucumber to have
this effect.

the bleeding from anus has to be taken very seriously. don't wait, do nothing and
expect this to heal itself. we need to take some steps to try healing the digestive
tract, plus make an appointment with your vet. bleeding may also indicate internal
tumors in the digestive tract; since you notice another mass on his chest, this may
or may not be an outward manifestation of a deeper systemic health issue.

no more wet food (veggies and fruit with high water content). instead, buy either
some plain yogurt or organic, fruit-flavored yogurt. put 1/2 teaspoon in your robo's
house and hopefully he'll eat it right off the spoon.

at least the yogurt will help build beneficial gut flora and heal it if it's suffered any
damage from diet. have you fed him much fruit or veggies prior to this? is this
the first time you've noticed bleeding?