Photo

Story I'm writing :)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Supermunchie

Supermunchie

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:25 AM

My inspriation came from fudgehamster, who has started writing a great story as well.
I haven't got a title for it yet, sorry :)

Basically, Maybelle moved to America with her mum, dad, and sister as her parents wanted to start work there. She goes through many ups and downs, but I won't tell you what they will be, I don't want to ruin it for you ;)

Here we go:

---

Dim pools of light came pouring through the window, hitting my face with a bright glow. I opened my eyes. Great. First day of new school.
I yawned and stretched, and rubbed my dusty eyes. I swung my legs out and stood up slowly, careful not to get head rush. I went to clean my teeth, wash my face and brush my hair.
After finally brushing the sleep knots out of my dark caramel hair I put on some make-up, hoping to have a good first impression.
I powdered my face, lined my eyes, and mascara-ed my eyelashes. I took a step back, my steel blue eyes seem to stand out, good.
Suddenly there was a knock on my door, “Belle? Are you awake?”
It was my dad.
“Yeah,” I replied, opening my drawer of clothes. Now I didn’t have to wear a uniform, but I was stuck with what I should put on.
I heard the kettle boiling downstairs, and banging plates. My mum and sister must be up as well.
I chose my favourite clothes. My blue tartan shirt, which I wore a white tank underneath so I could undo some buttons, so I could have a casual flare. I pulled on some denim blue crop trousers, as it looked like it was going to be a hot day.
I then clasped on one of my favourite necklaces. The one I made myself. It was a silver ‘M’ on a delicate metal string.
“Hey Kenzie,” I said when I emerged into the kitchen. The smell of toast reached my nose.
“Hey,” She replied quickly, she was finishing off her homework, while chewing on toast. “Looking forward to school?”
“Yes, I guess…” I grabbed a piece of toast and crunched it down. “What are American schools like?”
“They’re less strict, but in the good way,” She answered absentmindedly, scribbling down some more words.

………….
I stepped out of the car, looking at the new school. It was a big building, with fields in the distance, and a big open area with tables and benches. I walked to the door, while students glanced at me. I blushed and opened the glass door.
I unfolded my timetable that the school sent me; my first class was in the room on the left. I crumpled up the paper and shoved it in my pocket, and paused by the door. I pushed it open to my first class.
The classroom was large, painted lime-green with a strange coffee smell. Students sat by large bench tables with books in front of them. The blackboard held a familiar chalky scent and there was a T.V in the corner.
“Hi, I’m new,” I said, nervously. I took a quick glance around the classroom to see that everyone was looking at me. So I blushed violently, of course.
“Oh yes,” The middle-aged teacher replied, she was wearing an unflattering dress and her fading brown hair was pinned up. “You must be Maybelle Brooke, welcome to Meyer High School.”
“Yes, I’m Maybelle, and thank you,” I said, managing a weak smile.
“Take a seat,” She said, gesturing to the class. I chose the nearest, next to a blonde girl.
“Hi, I’m Shay” She said, flashing a smile.
“Oh, um. I’m Maybelle” I answered, doing my weak smile.
“So you’re British?” She said, hearing my clear English accent.
“Yeah, I and my family moved here from Birmingham in England. I only got here yesterday”
“So, do you like San Diego then?” She asked.
“Yes, I like it a lot. Mostly because of the hot weather.”
“Which you hardly ever get in England?”
“No” I laughed. Shay was nice.
I studied her features. She was quite pretty, with blue eyes and short, feathered blonde hair. And she had arched eyebrows over her big eyes.

After my first class was over Shay looked at my timetable.
“We’re going to be in the same classes for the rest of the day. Except for Gym.” She said, scanning the paper.
Then a brown haired girl came over, smiled at me briefly, and talked to Shay.
“So, this weekend, we’ll be going shopping?” The girl said to Shay. She kept glancing at me awkwardly.
“Yes, on Saturday.” Shay replied. Then she noticed the awkwardness. “Oh, and this is Maybelle. She’s new.”
“Hi, I’m Carmen” She said, then added, “Are you the girl from England?”
Great. So everyone knows now?
“Yes, I moved here yesterday with my dad. When my mum and my sister came here a week ago.” I said.
“Oh! So your sister’s Mackenzie Brooke!” Shay said, “I thought you looked familiar.”
“Yeah, that’s her. How do you know Kenzie?” I said. Kenzie was two years older than me, so I wondered how she knew her.
“My brother is her friend,” Shay said simply. Then added, “Well, boyfriend.”
“So Sam is your brother!” I said, Kenzie wouldn’t shut up about him all week.
The bell rang; it was time for our next class.

---

Sorry it's a bit boring! It will get exciting eventually ;)

#2 Fudgehamster

Fudgehamster

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:40 AM

good job, supermunchie! I like it! continue! I'll be posting some more of my book/story soon.

#3 Supermunchie

Supermunchie

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:21 AM

Thank you so much fudgehamster! I'll post more tomorow :)

#4 Supermunchie

Supermunchie

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:31 AM

Heehee, more ;D

----

The day dragged on until it got to gym. I wasn’t sporty at all, this was not going to be fun.
After gym, and a person being sent to the nurse because I hit him in the head with a basketball, I changed into my shirt and jeans, tugging on them to get the creases out of the fabric.
I walked out of the changing room, twisting my ring around my finger absentmindedly.
“Hi, you must be Maybelle,” I jumped as a boy said my name. I turned around to see a boy in one of my classes, I just could remember his name.
“Yes,” Is all I could manage, he was so handsome. He had floppy, black hair, all messy and thick. His green eyes stared back at me, with his dark-ish, delicate looking skin and low smooth voice. Well, he made my heart go crazy.
“I’m Jake” He said, with a heart stuttering smile.
“Um…,” I mumbled, loosing track.
“Would you like me to show you around?” He asked.
I was caught off guard by his sudden question, which rang warning bells in my head.
I glanced at the clock, it was 10 past 4, I was going to miss the bus!
“I need to go!” I said, quickly grabbing my bags, and then I ran through the door, heading for the bus.

“You’re lucky I asked the driver to wait.” Kenzie said, then turned away and sat next to Sam. Ignoring whatever I was going to say.
I sighed, then headed to an empty seat.
“Can I sit here? Everywhere else is full.” A low voice came from above me, I looked up to see a beautiful boy, with light, brown hair and gorgeous dark eyes.
“Um, sure.” I said, startled. I love this school.
He sat down. We sat in silence for a few minutes, until I managed to croak out:
“I’m May-“ I started to say, but his eyes caught mine and my breath was just took away.
“Hi May, um, I’m Scott.” He replied. He seemed as shy as me.
We sat in total silence until we reached my stop.
“See you then.” I smiled at him, and he did a heart stopping smile back.
“Bye May.” He said, and I didn’t bother correcting him.

The next school day started the same; Shay was being friendly, Carmen shy, me getting lost, and loosing my breath to Scott and Jake.
At lunch, me, Shay and Carmen all sat at the same table. Shay leaned in closer to me.
“So? Have any guys caught your fancy?” She asked, I could see she wanted to giggle, but she bit them back. Then she saw me hesitate. “There is!” She giggled. “Who is it?”
“Well, two have.” I said, being broken off by her excited voice.
“Really, which two?” She was speaking loudly now, noticing my panicked eyes she lowered her voice with an “Oh”
“Um, Scott. The light skinned, brown haired one. And Jake, the darker skinned, black hair, green eyes one.” I explained.
“Oh yes, they’re cute. Jake Raven and Scott Moore” She said smiling, but she was hiding something.
“Is their something wrong?” I asked.
“No, well, yes. Jake is known for going out with a lot of girls. And Scott just keeps to himself too much”
“Oh,” I said, my face falling.
“But I’m sure it’ll be different with you,” She said, grinning.
“Did they talk to you?” Carmen said, I always forgot Carmen was here. She was so quiet.
“Yeah, I talked to Jake after gym. And Scott on the bus.”
Two people then joined our table. A boy and a girl. The boy was quite good looking, with pale skin, his auburn hair was messy and his hazel eyes matched it perfectly. The girl was pale too, and she had long black curls. Matched with sea blue eyes.
“Hey Gabz, hey Tom.” Carrie said, smiling at them. She glanced at me, “this is Maybelle.” She added.
The girl laughed, “We know, her name’s been spreading.”
“Oh no,” I said, has there been rumours?
“Don’t worry, you’re just known as The New Girl, no rumours have spread.” She said. Wow, did she just read my mind or something?
“This is Gabriella Price, and this is Tom Walker.” Shay introduced us.
I needed to mind check. I had 1 good friend, Shay Edwards. And 3 possible friends, Carmen Summers, Gabriella Price and Tom Walker. Then two possible boyfriends (if I said something more to them), Jake Raven and Scott Moore.
“Are you interested then?” Carrie asked.
“Hm, I don’t know. I need to know them more.” I said, I took a crunch out of my pear.

---

Critism is welcome, of course :)

#5 Fudgehamster

Fudgehamster

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:24 AM

oooo its getting gooood! :P
is someone else inspired by Twilight also?

#6 Supermunchie

Supermunchie

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:31 AM

Hehe, you guessed ;D

Which bits sound like twilight? :D

#7 Fudgehamster

Fudgehamster

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:51 AM

"Two people then joined our table. A boy and a girl. The boy was quite good looking, with pale skin, his auburn hair was messy and his hazel eyes matched it perfectly. The girl was pale too, and she had long black curls. Matched with sea blue eyes."
"“Don’t worry, you’re just known as The New Girl, no rumours have spread.” She said. Wow, did she just read my mind or something?"

hehe. I love twilight <3

#8 Supermunchie

Supermunchie

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:58 AM

Hahaha, yup. That is very similar :laughing:

#9 Supermunchie

Supermunchie

Hamster Clone

• Members
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 05:30 AM

Some more!!

---

“Bye Shay and Carrie!” I said, waving as I leapt onto the bus, this time I got there on time.
As soon as I was on I was thinking about Scott, his breathtaking brown eyes and beautiful features. I desperately searched for him, I found him, but he was sitting with another boy. Drake, I think the boy’s name was.
I met his eyes, and he stared softly into mine. I was lucky; I didn’t have to look at my sharp steel eyes. I got to look at his romantic, auburn-ish brown eyes.
I sat in an empty seat, placing my heavy bag on the seat, then grabbing my iPod out of the side pocket.
After listening to several songs I got bored and switched it off. I glanced around my seat to see if Scott was still sitting next to Drake. He was, until he saw I was looking, then he moved.
“Hi May, is it okay if I sit here again?” He asked, shy again.
All I could do is not, my words wouldn’t make sense if I tried to talk now.
We sat in silence again, until I got the courage to speak.
“Um, my real name is Maybelle,” I felt my cheeks burn, “I forgot to finish after May...”
“Oh, really? I’m so stupid…” He said, looking away.
“Are you joking! I’m the one who forgot to say ‘Belle’!”
“Yes, but I’m the one who’s been thinking ‘May’ the whole time!” He started going red too.
I looked at him in surprise, he’s been thinking about me?
He laughed the most incredible laugh, “Oh well, our mistakes” He said, with a grin.
I smiled back, he always seemed to make my day.

I looked out of the window; it was getting dark as we had to go a complete different route due to a traffic accident.
For the last fifty minutes, Scott, or me would comment but never get into deep conversation.
“Whoa, that’s steep” I heard a girl say, she was in the seat in front of me.
I looked out of the window again, this time we were approaching a large hill, which swerved in and out of the mountains. We had to go cross country because of the accident.
The skinny roads had stone barriers around them; even so, it still looked dangerous.
Scott must have sensed my fear, or at least he was scared himself.
“I’ll go talk to the driver, maybe there’ll be a different road.” He said, and moved out of the seat.
I looked at him talking to the bus driver, Scott kept a firm face but panic kept sweeping through his face.
He came back a while later, “Bad news” He said, “He said that it’s either this way, or no way at all.”
While he was talking we were going up the hill, the bus was very near the edge. I was terrified of heights, and so I gripped the seat.
“Are you okay,” He said softly. I jumped at the usual smoothness of his voice, “You’re trembling.”
“No I’m not” I argued.
He very softly unhooked my hand from the seat, his soft skin was expected. He held my arm out, he was right. I was trembling like crazy.
“I’m just a bit scared of heights, that’s all.” I said, my eyes giving away my fear.
“It’ll be okay,” His smooth, crystal voice seemed to calm me.
He was right, we made it through the dangerous road just fine.

After getting home late the night before, I overslept in the morning. Waking up to the bright light of the morning sun.
I quickly changed, washed and make-upped my face and tugged a brush through my brown-caramel hair. Kenzie was waiting patiently by the door, ready to drive me into school as I had missed the bus.
As I got into the car, I noticed that Kenzie had a huge grin across her face.
“Why are you smiling?” I asked her, she looked so happy.
“Sam just said that he loved me” She said, her eyes were sparkling, that would explain her good mood.
“Aww,” I said, smiling with her.
“I know,” She giggled, she was the sister I have missed for the last month, were she was all enclosed.
We drove to school in silence.

The first three lessons were with none of my friends. I managed to concentrate on my work for once.
On the third lesson a deep voice came from behind me.
“Hey Maybelle,” He said.
My heart did a little summersault, until I turned around and found it was Jake. It disappointed me a little.
“Hi Jake,” I croaked back, shyly.
“How ‘bout the school tour later, maybe if you still confused by lunch, then maybe we could eat together and I could explain it better,” He said, a flirting smile breaking out.
I knew this was a simple pick-up line, but I couldn’t help agreeing, it was so hard to disappoint him.

---

I hope you like it!
It will get exciting tomorow, hehe ;D